Jack

Melanie Martinez

Melanie also said in an interview that there will be a character based on Trump.

i fucking knew itttt. i kept reading the lyrics over and over, and it doesnt feel like a heartbreak song.

Put the lyrics in perspective and look at it from the point of view of an immigrant (like myself). It makes sense

Fuck, she did it again. This album is so good, every song is flawless from what we have heard so far. Gifted artists like her really should release more often.

Strawberry Shortcake has been stuck in my head all day

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

It's my fault, it's my fault

'Cause I put icing on top

Now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

That's my bad, that's my bad

No one taught them not to grab

Now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

HvA2rEh.gif

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I still find it funny that she really had to make the distinction that "die together" in Lunchbox Friends is a metaphor for being reborn. 

I want the creepy shit, not the spiritual shit Mel  :defeated:

I feel like she pulled that out of her ass. There's no way that "die together" would mean that.

giphy.gif

I feel like she pulled that out of her ass. There's no way that "die together" would mean that.

To me, it feels like she's trying to imprint all her newfound spiritual beliefs on her fans in the most unsubtle way ever. And I don't think that's bad, I actually have believed most of what she posts on her stories since I was 16 or younger, but it just kinda feels weird and forced and this "die together" thing just made me roll my eyes harder than ever

I still think of most of Mel's fans as like between 16-21 (idk if that's true or not tho) and like, that's good to try and influence your fans to calm down and use meditation, but in reality most of em are raging, rude 18 year old boys and girls who just want an excuse to call themselves pastel goth 

(and sorry, uncalled for rant I know)

To me, it feels like she's trying to imprint all her newfound spiritual beliefs on her fans in the most unsubtle way ever. And I don't think that's bad, I actually have believed most of what she posts on her stories since I was 16 or younger, but it just kinda feels weird and forced and this "die together" thing just made me roll my eyes harder than ever

I still think of most of Mel's fans as like between 16-21 (idk if that's true or not tho) and like, that's good to try and influence your fans to calm down and use meditation, but in reality most of em are raging, rude 18 year old boys and girls who just want an excuse to call themselves pastel goth 

21?? sis try switching the digits 

Sometimes it feels like I can't support this girl without being stereotyped as "a 12 year old" that shit gets kinda tiring at times. But I don't blame people because most of her fandom annoyed the hell out of me throughout 2016. A lot of her fans really don't give a crap about her spiritual beliefs. There's still quite a few who pretend to know half of the things she's talking about and I find that so cringe  :biblio:

its definitely not pulled out of her ass. Rebirth through new spiritual friendships and experiences is a very famous concept revolving astrology and idealism in tarot

its definitely not pulled out of her ass. Rebirth through new spiritual friendships and experiences is a very famous concept revolving astrology and idealism in tarot

The point was, I/we? think she made that lyric to sound good, THEN came up with the rebirth meaning.

It didn't take hours of natal chart studies and seven connected tarot readings to come up with that lyric. It didn't need an explanation at all. 

Sometimes it feels like I can't support this girl without being stereotyped as "a 12 year old" that shit gets kinda tiring at times. But I don't blame people because most of her fandom annoyed the hell out of me throughout 2016. A lot of her fans really don't give a crap about her spiritual beliefs. There's still quite a few who pretend to know half of the things she's talking about and I find that so cringe  :biblio:

And same, its a bit embarrassing tbh. 

Melanie trying to get her fans into spiritual craft is like the Sephora Beginner Witch Kit drama all over again. These tweens are just gonna appropriate it because "Mel wants it to be the aesthetic of the K-12 era"

As someone who has studied witchcraft and spiritual tools for 7 years, this just feels so phony, even if thats not Mels intention. 

the lyric didn't require that explanation, and nothing in that lyric even suggests it's about "rebirth"

giphy.gif

Does anyone have a link to like all of her unreleased/covers in their best quality. I found one a while ago but lost it :(

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake