Jack

Melanie Martinez

Paying my hard earned money to see this girl live, watch the movie in theaters and actually buy the album I've been waiting years for. I'm really grateful that she worked so hard on this even through all the set backs and allegations to make the era as best as she could. It's very disappointing to see so many mixed opinions before it's even out   :noparty:

The snippets all blend together for me too. I’m hoping they each have something unique to bring to the album like the tracks on CBB did.

I have to say I fucking love all the art that she’s posted by pastelae, the Teacher’s Pet one is so cute

CB was definitely more varied and there were a lot of unique songs (Soap, Carousel, Alphabet Boy, etc.) while these do sound more similar idk the idea of releasing snippet is kinda stupid but whatever 

releasing snippets was really a dumb idea but i’m still convinced that the album is gonna be amazing, and i bet the songs will sound even better in the context of the movie. i can’t wait to see it

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

In case anyone wants one, Hot Topic is giving away K-12 posters as a gift with purchase in store only when you buy specific K-12 merch. To get it you have to buy one of the following: the puppet strings shirt, the school bus sweater, or the school building shirt.

releasing snippets was really a dumb idea but i’m still convinced that the album is gonna be amazing, and i bet the songs will sound even better in the context of the movie. i can’t wait to see it

I really don't think it was her idea, I think her label made her tbh or she changed her mind like she does a lot

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

The songs all sounding the same is not a problem since this is her signature sound...the snippets remind me of like Potato Head / Soap.

It's just her vibe.

And why shouldn't she want her songs to sound like that when the sound is flawless.

The songs all sounding the same is not a problem since this is her signature sound...the snippets remind me of like Potato Head / Soap.

It's just her vibe.

And why shouldn't she want her songs to sound like that when the sound is flawless.

Yeah I definitely hear Mrs. Potato Head vibe in these, some of Training Wheels, and also the chorus of Cake (in her vocal style). I also think the build up in Principal will be similar to that in Soap. 

When we think about it, Cry Baby was so cohesive that it nearly all-round had the same vibe, why did we ever expect the snippets of K-12 to show otherwise?  :rollin:

Drama Club's last chorus appreciation post

Drama Club's distorted piano solo appreciation post

n e ways I’ll ask again, which one of y’all are gonna remaster I scream? It’s pretty decent quality tbh just needs a little tweaking

I'll try to.

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

I've been listening to the snippets a bunch and they dont sound all that similar after a few listens. The only 2 that arent convincing me so far are Wheels on the bus and show and tell

I just had a thought: How is crybaby even alive? In the sippy cup video the mom kills her and the dad and his side-chick... or does the mom just sedate crybaby? or am I overthinking things lol

I just had a thought: How is crybaby even alive? In the sippy cup video the mom kills her and the dad and his side-chick... or does the mom just sedate crybaby? or am I overthinking things lol

well, she never died? .-. there are like 8 songs and stories after sippy cup