Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

I'll go first,

-I actually used to really hate her nails, but now I can't get enough of it, love her claws.

-The first time I listened to Blue Jeans, when she says "we don't need no money, we could make it all work, but he.." i thought she actually said "we could make it all work buddy" and i was like "lol sure buddy" it was quite an embarrassing moment.

I can't center this thistumblr_lywc1eFwqG1r939eeo1_500.gif

She's one of the hottest artist out there today.

It annoys me whenever people hate on her the only thing they can hate on her for is her lips.

It took me a while for her lips to grow on me.

I don't like the fact that she smokes.

Guest Maru the Cat

Lana-related: I really do not like the feel of velvet. *shudders*

Guest Maru the Cat

Like actual velvet or the song.

Actual velvet. UGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

*SHUDDERS*

I DO NOT WANT THAT ANYWHERE NEAR MY SKIN. ohnod.png

Guest Maru the Cat

Another Lana-related confession: I do not miss lanadelrey.fm, and I think this forum is better than LDR.FM could ever be.

When you create a forum with the intent of share unreleased material, it really stunts the growth of the site/community. Instead of discussion, you had pages upon pages of people saying, "Thank you!!" "Thanks for uploading this!" "I LOVE YOU"

There were people begging/hinting for tracks to leak; becoming more and more entitled. When CG was absent from the forum, I felt more people wanted her back because of the "dry spell" of leaks, rather than genuinely missing a friend. That really bothered me.

I also felt this odd power dynamic between administrators and regular forum members and I'm not quite too sure how to describe it. I may be the only one that felt this. It may be partially attributed to the fact they had a lot of unreleased material that none of us had, and it unintentionally coloured the dynamic between the two "groups" of members. As lovely, generous, accommodating, and good-natured as the admins were (or one of them, rather), I never quite felt as though they fit in; there was some odd sort of hierarchy, some sort of unattainability, like "us" and "them". I don't know. Was I the only one that felt this way?

I think part of the unattainability stems from the fact that from the beginning, the Moderating Team there (idk why I always capitalize it, probably to feel important :P) was set in stone, whereas here, members need to exhibit some sort of moderator-esque qualities and a willingness for the job for advancement. Essentially, the Moderating Team you have before you here comes directly from your community, and you are free to give your approval/disapproval of those nominating themselves. It could be you on that team if you wanted. Nothing like this was ever exhibited at LDR.fm, people you didn't really know (at least, at first) were running your community and you didn't really have a choice. It was odd, at least to me.

Did anything I write make any sense? Does anyone agree/relate to it? I swear, I'm not crazy.

I also felt this odd power dynamic between administrators and regular forum members and I'm not quite too sure how to describe it. I may be the only one that felt this. It may be partially attributed to the fact they had a lot of unreleased material that none of us had, and it unintentionally coloured the dynamic between the two "groups" of members. As lovely, generous, accommodating, and good-natured as the admins were (or one of them, rather), I never quite felt as though they fit in; there was some odd sort of hierarchy, some sort of unattainability, like "us" and "them". I don't know. Was I the only one that felt this way?

Maru I agree with everything, but this parts in fact is why I hate jesse, he was so bitter with every leak, because he might think we, the mortals, were getting his stuff,

I know he has a lot of unreleased, and I know he hates when people ask him about it, but he keeps scrobbling them on last.fm :facepalm: .

The forum became the source of all the leaks, but here we have mmm [i don't wanna use community cause it sounds really weird and creepy, but I can't think of something else] where we talk about Lana herself and her work, here I have the possibility to know new friends and add them to the ones I got from LDR.FM.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

The forum became the source of all the leaks, but here we have mmm [i don't wanna use community cause it sounds really weird and creepy, but I can't think of something else] where we talk about Lana herself and her work, here I have the possibility to know new friends and add them to the ones I got from LDR.FM.

EXACTLY.

It's really what makes this particular community so great. I mean, we had it at LDR.FM to some extent, but its definitely not the same as here. Here, all members are on a level playing field, regardless of ~stature~ within the forum, so no talk of leaks or promises to release material gets in the way of discussing Lana and getting to know each other much better. I feel like I know the newer members here much better than I ever did at LDR.fm! :3 The content and dynamics of this forum are not unintentionally being shaped by unreleased material being hung over our heads.

Here's a kitty gif!

tumblr_mbw7swf7N21qzrdsmo1_250.gif

tumblr_mbw7swf7N21qzrdsmo1_250.gif :flutter: :flutter: :flutter:

What you said about lanadelrey.fm makes sense. There was always this begging and waiting for new leaks and then endless gratitude afterwards. As soon as CG and the leaks were gone everything started to fall apart. But more importantly, I still can't get over the fact that they simply ditched us without a single notice or explanation why the forum was suddenly gone.