Your Girl Lana

La Roux

They played four new songs last night!! THE ALBUM MUST BE COMING  :defeated:

La Roux played their first show in almost two years at Brighton's Concorde2 last night (March 28). 

It was the first of three UK dates billed as warm-ups for their Coachella appearance in April. Featuring no support act, Elly Jackson and her new band took to the stage at 8.15pm and opened with 'In For The Kill'. 

"It's been a long time," said Jackson, with her hair no longer in its famous quiff style, but slicked back. "It's nice to see so many faces." The show was heavy on material from their 2009 debut, but four new songs did make it into the 13-song set. The first new song to be unveiled, 'Uptight Downtown’, contained dancehall-style piano and lyrics asking "When did all the people decide to change their shoes?" Further dancehall influences could be heard on 'Sexoteque', the title for which Jackson is adamant is not 'Sex Attack', "like my manager thought."

The most revealing of the new songs came in the form of 'Kiss & Not Tell' which had Jackson singing "All I want to do is come out of my shell." Meanwhile, the instrumental sections of 'Tropical Chancer' saw her playing air bass along to the track..

Less than a minute after leaving the stage for the first time, the band returned for an encore, playing though an EDM update of 'Fascination' before closing the show with 'Bulletproof'. "Thank you Brighton," said Jackson. "It’s lovely to be back."

La Roux will play two more Coachella warm up shows at The Fleece, Bristol (April 2) and Kasbah, Coventry (April 5).

NME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsDKQrcrVSE

20r46kx.jpg

FUCK the bump of this thread made me think there was album news. Their self-titled was even more played than The Fame for me in freshman year and that's right when I got into Lady Gaga. A big deal :P

FUCK the bump of this thread made me think there was album news. Their self-titled was even more played than The Fame for me in freshman year and that's right when I got into Lady Gaga. A big deal :P

I actually bumped it expecting to get some news hahah!

Yeah, that sounds like a personal favorite ok! <3

I don't listen to them as much as I did back in 2009/2010 but I still think they're so special. Gosh, I remember that I was at school when their album got up for pre-order on iTunes and I bought it on my iPod. :flutter:

They performed the new songs some months ago but no other news were heard, I guess? That sucks, I wish we had more music from them. And we don't even have unreleased music or anything, just the album and the Gold Edition. :ohno:

I listened to their album for the first time in, wow, probably a year today and it's such a nostalgic experience. Like, every one of these song titles had to be the titles to angsty blog posts when I was 14 :poordat: But I didn't even know a re-release and demo versions happened? Does anyone have the songs that aren't on the normal edition of the album? @ :ohno:

I listened to their album for the first time in, wow, probably a year today and it's such a nostalgic experience. Like, every one of these song titles had to be the titles to angsty blog posts when I was 14 :poordat: But I didn't even know a re-release and demo versions happened? Does anyone have the songs that aren't on the normal edition of the album? @ :ohno:

Yeah! It wasn't a proper re-release, I guess they just put some songs and remixes together and released another version of the album called Gold Edition. I don't even have it because it only contains remixes, the "Tigerlily" demo, "Finally My Saviour" (which was already released on the Japanese version of the album) and "Under My Thumb" (which was already released on the Sidetracked compilation album). Basically, it's unworthy if you already have the songs.

Besides that, there's also the "In for the Kill" and "Bulletproof" demos which have been released in special digital versions of the album (like Amazon). :)

Yeah! It wasn't a proper re-release, I guess they just put some songs and remixes together and released another version of the album called Gold Edition. I don't even have it because it only contains remixes, the "Tigerlily" demo, "Finally My Saviour" (which was already released on the Japanese version of the album) and "Under My Thumb" (which was already released on the Sidetracked compilation album). Basically, it's unworthy if you already have the songs.

Besides that, there's also the "In for the Kill" and "Bulletproof" demos which have been released in special digital versions of the album (like Amazon). :)

I guess that means I'm only missing the demos and "Under My Thumb"--if "Finally My Saviour" is in fact no different from "Saviour", which was a bonus track when I bought the album :assad:

"Finally My Saviour" and "Saviour" is the same song, correct?

Yeah! It's weird because it was listed on iTunes as a bonus track as "Saviour" but everywhere else it's written as "Finally My Saviour" (like on the back of the CD, booklets and all).

I guess that means I'm only missing the demos and "Under My Thumb"--if "Finally My Saviour" is in fact no different from "Saviour", which was a bonus track when I bought the album :assad:

I'll send you a PM today! ;)