Your Girl Lana

La Roux

Trouble In Paradise sadly isn't gonna get nearly as many plays as La Roux. :\

Whaaaat I totally disagree. There's not a single bad song and the production is so much better.

I can't wait to get a physical copy of this, I hope HMV gets it. Right now my favourites are Uptight Downtown and Sexotheque.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Currentlyyyyy

Let Me Down Gently

Kiss and Not Tell

Sexoteque

Silent Partner

Paradise is You

The Feeling

Uptight Downtown

Cruel Sexuality

Tropical Chancer

I really can't stop listening! It's so lush and pretty and perfect, great summer album. The production just seems so much more fitting.

Not listening until it comes out on Spotify.

I was a huge fan of her first album and I kind of rejected the sound change when I heard let me down gently but I just listened to Tropical Chancer (the song) today and it's pretty great and now I'm listening to let me down gently again and appreciate it more using the lens of the new sound I heard in tropical chancer.

I'm not going to be able to listen to this whole album because I'm stuck on sexotheque... I can't stop listening to it long enough to hear the rest of the album.. This is a PERFECTLY crafted pop song... It needs to achieve success ala Bulletproof.  :legend:  :bop:  :legend:  :bop:

I can't wait to listen to it, I just need the internet company to fix my damn internet connection ahrioaphfapuh

Love the new album but those Instrumentals are very gay...

How can instrumentals be gay if they don't even have genders? Choose a more fitting adjective please.

EotAQlJ.jpg

I've been listening to this album some and it's still pretty good even though the production just really doesn't do it for me. I really love her voice/melodies on the album none the less. And stuff like "Silent Partner" still slays

What is it about the production you dislike?

BzhmW.png

What is it about the production you dislike?

I'm not sure I can put a finger on it exactly, but I just sounds really thin to me. I just like keep waiting for a heavy synth line to kick in and give it that depth I'm looking for but it never does... It almost achieves that in "Silent Partner", but still the production just doesn't have the punch and "thump" like the debut did. It is growing on me though. I just feel like I liked La Roux better when it was a duo w/ Ben's production.

H0bDaqU.gif

I'm not sure I can put a finger on it exactly, but I just sounds really thin to me. I just like keep waiting for a heavy synth line to kick in and give it that depth I'm looking for but it never does... It almost achieves that in "Silent Partner", but still the production just doesn't have the punch and "thump" like the debut did. It is growing on me though. I just feel like I liked La Roux better when it was a duo w/ Ben's production.

We both like fka Twigs and she has thin production, I feel like it complements the album's theme; it's much more lush sounding and less computerized or tinny

BzhmW.png