Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I can't believe the album cover leaked 

304141122bce31d553e1ab2021c68237e4123d76

but your dad, just calls me, lizzy  :creep:

She's adopting the Svetlana Del Rëy moniker for this era

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Can we talk about the aesthetic? :) 70's vibe, daisies... Someone pointed out that the last video from UV was kind of a hint for Honeymoon already. Assuming she possibly did the same thing with HM era and Freak video was very hippie... Is her hippie era finally coming? :erm: Playing John Lennon on instagram could have been another hint? :illumilana:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Can we talk about the aesthetic? :) 70's vibe, daisies... Someone pointed out that the last video from UV was kind of a hint for Honeymoon already. Assuming she possibly did the same thing with HM era and Freak video was very hippie... Is her hippie era finally coming? :erm: Playing John Lennon on instagram could have been another hint? :illumilana:

The way you describe it makes me think of the Honeymoon video, but like imagine something like it but... happier, lighter in colour tones and with a music to match... Something more faded? And also that's interesting since the video for Freak was supposed to be for Ultraviolence (we can discuss it but I firmly believe it's 100% the original Ultraviolence, every bit of it), so I think Lana has the hippie / 70' vibe lowkey in mind since a while, and now she's ready to fully explore it! 

Basically what I have in mind since the infamous screenshot of the you-know-what is like, a Neil picture in video form... I wonder if he'll be involved again because it's really the kind of visuals that make an album! I'd like to see more of Lana's vision but hey Neil is my favourite artist like of all time soif he shows up I will not complain

ZKcaooE.png

YES PLEASE. If the hippie theme is really happening this will be the best album of my life.

I've been thinking about the daisies theme a lot lately.

And now that @@leaked_version put me in my place about the new album NOT actually being "less dreamy, more upbeat" (thank you sweet heart I was so deluded), I've been thinking about how it can lead on from Honeymoon era. And I'm just so intrigued. I feel like the world is getting closer to Utopia

A 70s flowerpower hippie post-summer of love distorted colours era is EXACTLY what I need from Lana

In terms of music, I want her to be exploring something new in terms of direction, psychedelic and drowned out with layer upon layers of instrumentation and vocals.

And if she had some surf-rock elements, like Kill Kill, this album could top UV :flutter: wishful thinking though, and frankly I wouldn't want her to do the whole 2.0 thing

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

The way you describe it makes me think of the Honeymoon video, but like imagine something like it but... happier, lighter in colour tones and with a music to match... Something more faded? And also that's interesting since the video for Freak was supposed to be for Ultraviolence (we can discuss it but I firmly believe it's 100% the original Ultraviolence, every bit of it), so I think Lana has the hippie / 70' vibe lowkey in mind since a while, and now she's ready to fully explore it! 

Basically what I have in mind since the infamous screenshot of the you-know-what is like, a Neil picture in video form... I wonder if he'll be involved again because it's really the kind of visuals that make an album! I'd like to see more of Lana's vision but hey Neil is my favourite artist like of all time soif he shows up I will not complain

I do think the visuals for this era will be more faded. I definitely think she'll explore the 70s vibe, kinda sex-funk maybe? I listen to a lot of 60s/70s music so there's many sub-genres she could explore from that time. I hope there are tambourines involved. I'm hoping she covers 'California Dreamin' by the Mamas & Papas too :P

I hope Neil is involved in her new album, I admire his work. It's very. Ethereal and dreamy. I do like Chuck's work too but I prefer Neil. :)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

70s aesthetic w layered vocals and instumentation?sounds like every other Lana album

Tbh I don't think Lana has been completely 70's, mostly just a 70's 'vibe' and nothing more. I think she could be more full on with this new album.

I want her to take the MTWBT sound further :flutter: I remember thinking HM would be her exotica album when she released it

I agree. I also,think MTWBT is really underrated

2 things i could really settle for are 1. an 80s album where everything sounds like bbm baby 2. a kinda lofi beachy surf album where everything sounds like wayamaya

i mean regardless of what she releases its gonna be good so i dont care, i just really love those concepts

pNjWdpc.png

I want her to take the MTWBT sound further :flutter: I remember thinking HM would be her exotica album when she released it

Yeah holy sh*t i thought the same! And when she mentioned that MTWBT reminded her of an extra track off the Jewels Of The Sea record by les Baxter i was like omg tropical, exotic holiday

And i also agree that i want her to take MTWBT further. It had so many interesting musical elements. I think the reason people didnt go crazy for it as a single is because her vocals were dreamy and lazy but instrumentally it was my favourite song from HM

The instrumental layering off HM was genius and god-like imo (some people just cant take subtleness in music, they want it roaring in their face lol) And I just can't wait to see how it evolves further from here. Im anticipating something beautiful in my imagination. I know she won't disappoint.