Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I reaaaaaaally hope no more spoken word ... it was cringy in the Ride video, kind of awkward in Tropico and the BN interlude was just pointless.

I think it's okay in a music video if it fits, but on an album - no thanks!  :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I reaaaaaaally hope no more spoken word ... it was cringy in the Ride video, kind of awkward in Tropico and the BN interlude was just pointless.

I totally agree with you,

I personally prefer actual songs the spoken words...

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

I'm a super visual person and I really want to think of the colours of the album because it's one of the most important things for me (especially since Lana says she's synesthetic I think, or at least she thinks of songs in colours), it can really shape an album and my vision of it, but it's really too soon :( I agree with Young And In Love having tones of orange and lavender, basically I'm thinking pale, summery colours for now, not too happy not too sad. For me Born To Die was sky blue and white, Ultraviolence was black and white, Honeymoon was dark blue ( :lel:) and red, and I have a weird hunch that LDR5 will have some kind of the same colours as Honeymoon but much paler and toned down idk. Also if it's reminiscent of the 5 untouchable, when I listened to them the first time I immediately had a gold colour in mind, it probably means nothing but I'm curious to see if she thought about the colours of the songs.

ZKcaooE.png

I have no idea what colour LDR5 will have (neither the songs themselves nor the actual album artwork), but I hope that the LP will be pressed on white vinyl this time, it's by far the most beautiful IMO.  :flutter:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I have no idea what colour LDR5 will have (neither the songs themselves nor the actual album artwork), but I hope that the LP will be pressed on white vinyl this time, it's by far the most beautiful IMO.  :flutter:

I really need her to take notes on her good friend Josh Tillman because his packaging is just beyond perfect... I wish all artists had his sense of design :poordat: Imagine a triple colour vinyl, pop-up packaging à la Honeybear. I just hope the boxset will have more stuff than HM because it's not that it wasn't good, it was just very reflective of the era if you know what I mean

father-john-misty-vinyl-1024x926.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

I don't think she will release anything soon... cause now that Katy Perry will release her new single, and maybe in a few months the new album, i think that all the media's attention will be towards her

Katy is a big release and it really doesn't matter if Lana waits a week or eight after Katy since Katy will take her down anyway. Lana is not a very strong single seller in the US.

I think Interscope's focus is on Nose since Jopanned didn't really do very well, but after the SB and the Grammy performance, it will let her album ride for a few weeks on top. During that time, Interscope will not have a big release, neither single nor album.

I think that all of us need to wait a very long time to LDR5...

Maybe Lana do not care about Katy's recent releases, but in the music industry, marketing is huge deal.

Personally, I really hope this album will be very commercially, because since BTD she done everything very low-key, and I would more then love to see a huge"buzz" over her like it was in the BTD era. And I believe that the music in this album would be a mixture between BTD to HM (just because of the title "Young and In Love" and that is how people who heard it described this track).

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

I really need her to take notes on her good friend Josh Tillman because his packaging is just beyond perfect... I wish all artists had his sense of design :poordat: Imagine a triple colour vinyl, pop-up packaging à la Honeybear. I just hope the boxset will have more stuff than HM because it's not that it wasn't good, it was just very reflective of the era if you know what I mean

father-john-misty-vinyl-1024x926.jpg

Not a fan of him, but that triple-colour vinyl looks amazing.

And yeah, I agree with you, the Honeymoon box-set just seems very cheap and unsophisticated, especially if you keep in mind how well-made the previous two box-sets are.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think my biggest hope for LDR5 is that it's a fun record. I haven't felt a lot of whimsy or fun in Lana's work since BtD, honestly, which is okay-- Paradise, UV, and HM are all very rich, beautiful, but pretty serious albums, whereas Born to Die had a lot of playfulness and flirtatiousness that made it very exciting, even in tracks like NA and Blue Jeans. So did AKA, and a lot of the unreleased. I'm not saying she needs to put out a purely pop, dance-y record, but I would like a return to some excitement and attitude in her sound, which seems like the direction LDR5 could be going in, judging by certain *winks* ;) and some of her insta vids. 

Fingers crossed :pray:

o4qjp4j.png

@@sparklrtrailrheaven

Elizabeth can make a fluffy pop album

but it would not be Lana if she did

Why in the world would anyone think a song called "Young and in love" would be a happy song?  It will be as happy as Honeymoon.

Remember the quote I thought of-

Somewhere between Sunset Blvd & Mulholland Drive lies Honeymoon

and Norma Desmond always loved to be Young and in love too.

Ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille.

That is how I picture Lana singing Young and in Love will be.

and I hope one of Lana's homes is not in the path of the problem going on because of the deluge of rain in California.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@sparklrtrailrheaven

Elizabeth can make a fluffy pop album

but it would not be Lana if she did

Why in the world would anyone think a song called "Young and in love" would be a happy song?  It will be as happy as Honeymoon.

Remember the quote I thought of-

Somewhere between Sunset Blvd & Mulholland Drive lies Honeymoon

and Norma Desmond always loved to be Young and in love too.

Ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille.

That is how I picture Lana singing Young and in Love will be.

and I hope one of Lana's homes is not in the path of the problem going on because of the deluge of rain in California.

I don't know about you, but I'm usually happy when I'm in love. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Honestly boxset wise I'm hoping it's a mix of what we've already gotten (Ik that we'd probably never get anything like this but..)  - 

An exclusive vinyl-whether it be picture disc, a certain color, etc.

CD 

Picture disc single 

A lyric booklet with parts of the photoshoot (like HM) 

And of course prints 

And personally, if I were doing a boxset version I'd probably make the cover and gatefold different as well (but normally UO does that and unless it matters that there's 3 different covers...). I'd

probably also add in some BTS polaroid photos (looking at the James Franco book) and her thoughts while writing the album or something. idk. 

but with the HM's boxset, I'm keeping my expectations low, it was cute but I don't think it's as good as her previous boxsets

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif