Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

Idkk I can't find anything. I saw "Young In Love"' too and that was confirmed real

Just looked and its not in database. I dont think Subversive has anything to do with the album, it was just instagram desc like Solve and Coagula. 

re:Lana singing Lennon's Jealous Guy

it's like a big six degrees of separation (Kevin Bacon) game-

What with the immigration issue front and center now-

John Lennon was involved in one of the most famous immigration cases of all time in 1972 when Nixon & J Edgar Hoover of the FBI wanted to deport him when his visa ran out.

Nixon didn't like the political views of John, the FBI thought he was subversive, and the fact that Lennon wanted "To give peace a chance" and felt the easiest way to get peace was to vote Nixon out.

Needless to say, Lennon won eventually, three years later and lived in NYC the rest of his life

but the rally cry that included many singers of the 60s, and many poets, Gregory Corso for one, (and regular people), was "LET THEM STAY IN THE USA"

spooky in its timeliness today.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

re:Lana singing Lennon's Jealous Guy

it's like a big six degrees of separation (Kevin Bacon) game-

What with the immigration issue front and center now-

John Lennon was involved in one of the most famous immigration cases of all time in 1972 when Nixon & J Edgar Hoover of the FBI wanted to deport him when his visa ran out.

Nixon didn't like the political views of John, the FBI thought he was subversive, and the fact that Lennon wanted "To give peace a chance" and felt the easiest way to get peace was to vote Nixon out.

Needless to say, Lennon won eventually, three years later and lived in NYC the rest of his life

but the rally cry that included many singers of the 60s, and many poets, Gregory Corso for one, (and regular people), was "LET THEM STAY IN THE USA"

spooky in its timeliness today.

why do you reach like that, can homegirl just a like a song in peace smh 

no more covers unless she going to do peggy lee other than that i am not here for it 

also she better stop being vague with her new wave promo (or lack of) and announce something besides a cliche instagram video. lana giving Anastasia Beverly hills some promo for their brow wiz lmao. 

Why are most people against Lana covering songs? I get that yall want something completely original from her but don't you trust her to make an amazing cover? Personally, I really hope she covers a song on her next album. She sounds SO good singing Nirvana's 'Heart Shaped Box' live so it'll be nice to hear a studio version of that.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Why are most people against Lana covering songs? I get that yall want something completely original from her but don't you trust her to make an amazing cover? Personally, I really hope she covers a song on her next album. She sounds SO good singing Nirvana's 'Heart Shaped Box' live so it'll be nice to hear a studio version of that.

i never listen to  Old classic  songs so Everytime Lana cover something it's fucking new to me  :flutter:

I actually love her covers as well, she's always able to add her own essence to it (blue velvet, the other woman, etc.) 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif