Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

wow, people here are super nice.  :deadbanana:

Yup, thanks (jk, or not IDK)

I'm just sick of ppl being rude.. Like, what's the problem with saying that you're not listening to leaks?? 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

not related but uv is a masterpiece and lana will never top that btw wc is my fav song of all time 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

Made a poll to see which song (BAR or Love) people like more, out of curiosity 

It's here:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/8584-poll-which-song-is-better-best-american-record-or-love/

I think someone already did this earlier today

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

This is such a damn mess :thumb2:  but if she did change Best American Record to Architecture, maybe the album itself will still be named Best American Record? Artists constantly do that... I'm just praying to God that she doesn't change the song title or album name to Fame :eek:

I'm unstanning if that happens tbh

One cliche title per era is fine I cant handle two

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

When tf is she coming back out from ha cave she's boring me to death and I'm already dead

I'm trynna avoid listening to love because I feel like I'm going to get bored of it quick and I want to listen to it w the context of the album

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

When tf is she coming back out from ha cave she's boring me to death and I'm already dead

I'm trynna avoid listening to love because I feel like I'm going to get bored of it quick and I want to listen to it w the context of the album

same

If its not related, don't post it. Belongs in UV thread

You guys are so compulsive about everything being in it's own separate thread. It wasn't even off topic. They were just saying that they don't think that this album would be able to top UV. Plus this is the only thread that's alive and that people actually read. Just give people a break. I don't get it. 

You guys are so compulsive about everything being in it's own separate thread. It wasn't even off topic. They were just saying that they don't think that this album would be able to top UV. Plus this is the only thread that's alive and that people actually read. Just give people a break. I don't get it.

They LITERALLY said it wasn't related. Kinda just proving my own point sis

I stan quality and range in an artist.

On the issue of songs flopping:

Tbh, I don't understand chart fixation for singles. If you look at spotify rankings for various artists now (which change frequently, I would guess on the basis of release activity), LDR is 83, Lorde is 70, Lady Gaga is 76 (and the monthly listener counts, which I'm taking to be the basis of the ranking, range from 12.2 meg - 13.4 meg).  Katy Perry is 12 and Ed Sheeran is 1st in the world. LDR is substantially better ranked than Grimes and Marina (who aren't even ranked), but also ranked better than Florence and the Machine, Melanie Martinez, and Halsey (who are ranked). And while it's true Lorde is doing better than LDR, she's also working harder to do so. My point is that while a single song's charting performance may be "flopping" relative to some existence on a chart, they still cause charting in public consciousness in a very important sense (i.e., streams = money, and not necessarily from the newest single). 

What would LDR's ranking would be if her leaks/unreleased were out there (in well-produced form) as well as her suppressed AKA album, along with all released albums (i.e., the leaks out there with "all other things equal")? I don't know, but I bemoan the fact that she has great songs that are unreleased, which are not redundant with her released work. It's as if the full range of the artist is submerged or invisible to the GP, and that's depressing to me. That is also why I'm very much hoping BAR/Architecture (which I've been avoiding) won't be consigned to limbo and is the next formal release.

WC was commercial suicide.

...not really.

Commercial suicide is more like:

Barely promoting your album

Abandoning your album after it was released (or even beforehand)

Not promoting anything

Not promoting an album via an actual tour

Not performing or barely performing songs from said albums

Basically, of the things Lana has done in her career, West Coast was not commercial suicide.

giphy.gif

I stan quality and range in an artist.

On the issue of songs flopping:

Tbh, I don't understand chart fixation for singles. If you look at spotify rankings for various artists now (which change frequently, I would guess on the basis of release activity), LDR is 83, Lorde is 70, Lady Gaga is 76 (and the monthly listener counts, which I'm taking to be the basis of the ranking, range from 12.2 meg - 13.4 meg).  Katy Perry is 12 and Ed Sheeran is 1st in the world. LDR is substantially better ranked than Grimes and Marina (who aren't even ranked), but also ranked better than Florence and the Machine, Melanie Martinez, and Halsey (who are ranked). And while it's true Lorde is doing better than LDR, she's also working harder to do so. My point is that while a single song's charting performance may be "flopping" relative to some existence on a chart, they still cause charting in public consciousness in a very important sense (i.e., streams = money, and not necessarily from the newest single). 

What would LDR's ranking would be if her leaks/unreleased were out there (in well-produced form) as well as her suppressed AKA album, along with all released albums (i.e., the leaks out there with "all other things equal")? I don't know, but I bemoan the fact that she has great songs that are unreleased, which are not redundant with her released work. It's as if the full range of the artist is submerged or invisible to the GP, and that's depressing to me. That is also why I'm very much hoping BAR/Architecture (which I've been avoiding) won't be consigned to limbo and is the next formal release.

Love is #153 on Spotify worldwide while Green Light is at #28, a position Love has never ever even come close to worldwide, which is a huge difference. And pls, for the love of God, stop bringing up artists like Marina and Grimes. And unlike Lana, Gaga sucks in streaming numbers, but she can actually sell her album. And quite frankly, I think Joanne will even do better in streaming than Lana's next.

And let's not even go there to compare Badlands and Cry Baby in terms of streaming compared to Honeysnooze