white gold

Does your family know about Lana?

They (my family) know only a bit about her, they probably only know Summertime Sadness or Video Games. I think Video Games most likely because Lana Del Rey isn't extremely popular here in the Netherlands. My mother literally hated Lust for Life, though. She said it was a boring song. And not family members but my best friend likes Lana Del Rey and said she's beautiful and has a great voice, she stanned Once Upon A Dream. And my other best friend stans Lana Del Rey.

My dad loves UV and when we speak on the phone he always says "I'm still in love with that album the song West Coast is on" and it's cute

My mom on the other hand particularly likes the unreleased stuff so she's always like "What record is this on" and then she says it's a shame it wasn't on any and I'm like yeah same :creep:

She's always been super supportive of me being a stan and got her friend to get me to Warsaw for the Paradise Tour show because she was feeling guilty she didn't have a drivers license and she was so desperate to fix the issue it was so cute

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

My dad looooves BTD (song) lol! He always hums it, it's kind of cute :crai:  We went camping at Yosemite for my birthday a few months back and I played some of her stuff & he loved it. My brother-in-law knows her but doesn't listen, same with my sister, I think. My mom knows her as that girl I spent $400 on to see live a few years back for the Endless Summer tour & for Christmas she always includes the latest Lana vinyl if I don't have it already<3

My friends from NJ, where I grew up until college, love Lana but weirdly enough my friends in California hate her. They ALL hate her. So ironic. 

My mom really likes her, her favorite album is Born To Die. I always bought the physical CDs to listen to in the car so she knows all the songs lol. We were driving around a few months ago and I was playing Honeymoon, and she said she wished Lana would go back to the BTD sound :deadbanana:  She also sends me Lana news and I casually keep her updated because she likes her. My dad has probably heard 1 or 2 of her songs but knows about her from me and because my walls are plastered with her posters. My sister didn't like her at first because BTD was "sad", but now she loves her and also gets excited for new releases. I tried so hard to get her to come around to her and she ultimately did, but I got sooo excited the first time I heard her listening to West Coast in her room on her own

I already posted in here before. but all of my family knows I love the fuck outta her. My mom had taken me to the UO Honeymoon playing and since she had nothing better to do, she decided to stay with me and listen. She said her favorite tracks were Art Deco, Salvatore and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (since she recognized it as a cover). I also update her on big Lana news (like I told her yesterday about Summer Bummer and the tracklist) and she gets excited for me. My grandparents both know of her and my grandpa has tried to watch some of her music videos (since hes a huge music video fan... I guess he just likes visuals) and my grandma always buys me merch of some kind when she comes to visit. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Most of my family knows of her and that im a huge fan but -

My mom pretty much knows most of her songs because i'm always playing her music - even unreleased ones & Best American Record. She doesn't really like her that much though. Sometimes when she is at work she'll text me and say something like "___ is playing in my work!!!" or something like that. 

My sister doesn't like any her music (except for Once Upon a Dream, but that's it) but knows a lot of her songs for the same reason with my mom.

My cousin loves National Anthem & Diet Mountain Dew but other than that I don't think she likes any others.

My family does NOT have a choice. If they don't know Lana, they don't know me (and vice versa :toofunny:)

Actually my straight brother begged me to play Ride, Lust For Life, and Love last week when we were on a 3-hour car ride. He's always low-key loved her.

And OMG GET THIS, my sister loves Coachella - Not On The Album In My Mind :shh: and she usually can't stand Lana unless she's trying to nap. (She also loved LFL for about three weeks but is bored of it now, same).

I've literally played Lana around my mom since BTD dropped. I even played "Cola" several times in her car while she was driving and just let the first line explode. She was shocked at first and judged me violently :suicide: but I convinced her she said "my LIPS THEY taste like Pepsi Cola" and she was fine from that point on. My mom actually loves Young & Beautiful.

I'm proud to be the music-pusher of my family and I will force LFL onto them (if it's ever released) until all of their friends have bought it. :kiss3:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Not family related, but hometown instead.  I live in Huntsville, Alabama.  Huntsville is pretty progressive for Alabama, but still, it's Alabama.  I figured I'm the only Lana stan in town, and probably no one else here even knows who she is.

So I'm driving to work this morning, windows down, with St. Tropez (Party Girl) bumpin' on my truck stereo. I like to "share" Lana with my fellow motorists.  I'm at a red light on a three lane street, in the far left lane, and I notice these two high school aged girls in a convertible mustang pull up in the far right lane.  They both look over and start smiling and giggling. And yeah, I'm looking, cuz they're a couple of hotties.

So the one in the passenger seat starts scribbling in a notebook.  She holds it up, and in big letters, it says LANA!

I was floored. They had to be hard-core fans to know that song.  Good to know there's other Lana stans in town.

KaUp1u5.png

My dad likes her and asks about her quite a lot. My mum is a tough crowd but she's said she does like Lana's voice a lot although she's a bit too depressing. And she barely takes any notice of her music when i play it, which is bizarre. How could anyone ignore such a legend? Nobody else really knows much about her in my family, nor do they care. It's a shame really.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

My parents know her and know how much I love her.

My dad doesn't approve it (he's an asshole who thinks ''oh it's a woman, then the whole fanbase is gay'', ''are you gay? you only listen to gay songs'' and other shit.

My mom didn't approve her at first, like in 2013/2014, bc her and my dad were dragging me about the fact i'm gay, so when I put Lana songs on at the time she was like ''ow, turn this bitch off, i hate her/this song'', but now she loves Ride, Old Money, The Other Woman, Blue Velvet and Young & Beautiful.

I'm glad they don't know english (just the basic) and never asked me what she's singing. I guess I would die if my mom read Cola's lyric translated, probs would say ''she's a bitch!'', and/or Florida Kilos, Yayo and any song Lana mentions drugs 

My aunt (mom's sister) likes Summertime Sadness (original version), but I don't think she knows who's Lana 

My cousins know and like her, one of them is a stan almost like me (i'm way more a stan, but he likes her very much) and his fave track from UV is Pretty When You Cry (luv this so much)

original.gif

My dad knew about Lana before I did  :creep:  I played the Born to Die music video for him when it first came out and he said "I think I know her, her voice is familiar.  I think they play her on my radio station." So I played Video Games for him and that was the song he knew.  He loves her.  He loves Video Games, loves her voice.  I play her music for him all the time.  He really enjoys the Love too.  

My mom likes some songs.  She's just happy for me to have an artist to follow and love, like she was very excited for me to get tickets to see Lana in NYC in October.

My boyfriend likes her and is coming to NYC with me to see her so keep an eye out for us if you're going  :hooker:  

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

yes they all know about her

• my godfather once gave me a big poster of her (for my bday) and he framed it later, and i didn't even knew about the gift
  • my godmother always tells me that it's so nice that i still stan her after YEARS and everyone says that she sings very well, she also enjoys some songs of her too
  • mom didn't liked her at the beggining due to lana's positive viewing towards americans (me neither i hate most of these americans but what can i do about her lovely voice?? lol) but she approves her - "at least you aren't into justin bieber and those stuff"
  • mom loves 'young & beautiful'
  • my grandma - may she rest in peace - LOVED her and she always told me that if she came to my country i would go to her shows even if she didn't came to my city
  • same grandma told me that she would pay a M&G to meet lana
  • dad got annoyed over her bc she cancelled the brian wilson colab that time and he's a huge the beach boys fan
  • my dad got very happy when i begun to stan her because, before lana, lady gaga was my idol and he HATES HER SO DAMN MUCH
  • in his logic i would forget gaga. but i stopped stanning her before i stanned lana but anyway it worked
  • dad's ex-girlfriend loved LOLITA and BLUE JEANS
  • grandpa and godfather thinks that she is pretty

BONUS

• my late doggo destroyed a printed pic i had 
  • they always helped me to buy merch even though it's expensive, my late grandma mainly bc she had the same love for another singer (a brazilian one lol) and she had LOTS AND LOTS OF MERCH goddamit, lots of repeated cds too lmao
  • once - the same - grandma asked me if she was heterosexual ("she looks gay" she said) 

once i stopped a lunch to watch MTWBT lmaoooooo granny got so mad on me but she got it later

update: my late grandma would pay me to go to her shows in my country

she is coming to lollapalooza

no one will take me there :( granny where tf are you?????

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u