Sitar

Poll: Love vs. Best American Record

^  

146 members have voted

1. 1. ^

• Love
    • Best American Record

Love (as I haven't listened to Architecture as it is not officially released, though I read the lyrics, so can't comment on a song not heard, when it officially comes out, I shall listen)

I love Honeymoon, which sonically is the best sound in a straight line progression and the entire album sounds so great in a car real loud.

and the progression from the first second continuing through Love...

Born to Die- the NY record that features in a good sense a younger than her years person who is getting bored with complancy (somewhat akin to Simon & Garfunkel's My little town) and the seed is planted

like in a David Lynch movie

Paradise-         is the road trip from heaven to hell, seeking out all the dreams that stardom has to offer

Ultraviolence- is finding out Superstardom is not as great or wanted as one thought in their younger naïve days

Honeymoon- is the battle for the soul of ElizabethGrant,  from the first second of Honeymoon the song going throughout the entire album (and I was thankful there were NO extras, no bonus, because the

entire album is so meaningful, deep, fulfilling, and in the end the battle between Elizabeth and Lana is settled and both can indeed live comfortably in the same skin, and there does not have

to be a winner or loser, and the record leads to maturity and self-fulfillment and her self-confidence in her message become assured, thankfully IMHO due to her being awarded

Blllboard's Trailblazer award. An awakening and becoming very publicly liberal political

Love             Leading us to Love and now, the woman who was getting dressed up in Video Games and Born to Die, wants more. While still every once in a while, going out to nowhere in

part-ic-u-lar, there is meaning, and from the immature young woman in Born to Run now is the very mature 30ish who knowing what came before, is attempting to send a message to those

that are only at the part where Born to Die began. Where chasing a #1 is no longer important, but greater womankind and solidarity with other women is in the forefront

If one listens to Love right after Honeymoon the song, look at the maturity and the growth. (Which is why Honeymoon the song was the first on the CD, because it began the conflict)

Will never understand the kiddies that don't like Honeymoon, figure some are the continuing negative nelly's who bring forth hate, others add on, and others just don't seem to get the message....

By the way, the political significance of wearing the color of Women's Suffrage (and hereby anti-Trump) at SXSW was not lost on lots of people who are politically tuned in.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Love is so much better, i feel sorry for the people who wanna dwell on the tacky-ness and mess that is the Honeymoon era as is within BAR.

Love is better prodcution-wise, better sonically, and visually. Even the image BAR puts in your head is far less superior than that of Love. The only good part

about the song is the bridge, just like in any song from Honeymoon.

XoXo, Gossip Girl....

Love (as I haven't listened to Architecture as it is not officially released, though I read the lyrics, so can't comment on a song not heard, when it officially comes out, I shall listen)

I love Honeymoon, which sonically is the best sound in a straight line progression and the entire album sounds so great in a car real loud.

and the progression from the first second continuing through Love...

Born to Run- the NY record that features in a good sense a younger than her years person who is getting bored with complancy (somewhat akin to Simon & Garfunkel's My little town) and the seed is planted

like in a David Lynch movie

Firstly, how on earth do you bring every single Lana album into a discussion about Love vs. BAR... lol

And omg I love Lana's debut Born to RUN, it is her best album omg !!1!!1!11  :flutter:

:toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

@cacciatore oops that's funny

Born To Live

Born to Run

Born to Die

sometimes I mistakenly call Shades of Cool, Shades of Blue

Springsteen's Born to Run album is much like Lana's Paradise (only every song on Paradise is great, some songs on Bruce's Born to run really stink)

and see my latest post in the Management Interview, where I describe the continuity / shift between Swan Song and Love.

will edit the typo though.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp