Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I challenge you not to try quoting these type of posts while trying to say that you are not upset about her floppage or that you don't care about the charts and sales. If you aren't, you wouldn't be always so fast quoting those who bring up sales.

Thanks and have a nice day!

And lmao about that one post above that said that Honeymoon gave her new listeners. Some of you are so clueless :lmao:

I don't care about her sales tho. 

but that's all you and that fool talk about. y'all don't say anything else.

giphy.gif

I dont care about sales but im a liar if i say i dont care about recognition... I want the album praise... :teehee:  :flutter:  

exactly.

it's not 1999 anymore. most people don't even buy music anymore. it's all about critical acclaim.

giphy.gif

exactly.

it's not 1999 anymore. most people don't even buy music anymore. it's all about critical acclaim.

Yes! For me, a musical evolution, is more important than astronomical sales .. And she has done it so well! Every album is criticized more and more well of her albums, so for me, everything is fine

Lust For Dead   large.gif

proven to be fake pages ago

it isn't a fake page, is a brazilian tv channel and they're going just broadcast (again) some random episodes

/and even some brazilians didn't get the thing lol/

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I don't care about her sales tho. 

but that's all you and that fool talk about. y'all don't say anything else.

sales, streams, airplay & ticket sales determine how long you will be able to continue making your art as an artist. when you fail at work, you get fired and and at some point, nobody wants to hire you or work with you if you continue to fail. same with music.

it's great that you do not care about that as fan. it's great that you do not care for how long your fave will be able to continue making her art in the quality that we have it now. it's great because you are obviously a big enough fan to sign up on a forum devoted to her work. 

or maybe lana del rey will continue releasing her mixtapes, sorry albums, as soundcloud exclusives very soon.

if it bothers you that much that ppl bring up sales and many times even jokingly, then you can choose to participate in that debate or put those who talk about it on ignore.

you're welcome!

it isn't a fake page, is a brazilian tv channel and they're going just broadcast (again) some random episodes

/and even some brazilians didn't get the thing lol/

i didn't say that the account was fake. i said that it was proven to be a false alarm a few pages back. 

I cannot believe we are having this discussion again. You're free to say what you want but like... :icant:

Btw, does anyone know when Dazed magazine will arrive for those who bought it online?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

sales, streams, airplay & ticket sales determine how long you will be able to continue making your art as an artist. when you fail at work, you get fired and and at some point, nobody wants to hire you or work with you if you continue to fail. same with music.

it's great that you do not care about that as fan. it's great that you do not care for how long your fave will be able to continue making her art in the quality that we have it now. it's great because you are obviously a big enough fan to sign up on a forum devoted to her work. 

or maybe lana del rey will continue releasing her mixtapes, sorry albums, as soundcloud exclusives very soon.

if it bothers you that much that ppl bring up sales and many times even jokingly, then you can choose to participate in that debate or put those who talk about it on ignore.

you're welcome!

i didn't say that the account was fake. i said that it was proven to be a false alarm a few pages back.

the thing is her albums do sell I don't get it when you people act like she's some impoverished artist in fear being kicked off her label she's made millions for her label they ain't going to kick her off born to die/paradise edition is still making sales today also I'm sure if she does get kicked off many other labels like bmg would be grateful to have her

and just for the record, and i think the mariah stan is with me on this, nobody expects lana to sell like taylor or adele. like, literally nobody.

what bothers me is that her fanbase is not supportive of the idea hearing lana on the radio or being on big spotify playlists even not interested in seeing her perform and the fact that we do not have quality live performances since 2012. lorde stans are estatic about it. it bothers me that her team is unable to place her on radio formats like triple a and alternative properly, let alone hac or pop.

and that they brag about her being a streaming force when her last album bombed on spotify.

other of her peers do not have that problem unless they are marinara and the potatoes. 

Yeah, because Lana definitly needs money :omfg2:

sucess also gives you respect hunty which Lana desperately craves.

She wanted respect from the critics she got it.

Now it's time to pander to the GP.

Critical acclaim is a nice side effect but it won't pay the rent. remember that carly rae jepsen show where 3 people showed up.

Jepshit went from one extreme to another

Poor iT

From a huge ww smash with no Acclaim... To Acclaim with no sells...

Lowkey like lana

sucess also gives you respect hunty which Lana desperately craves.

She wanted respect from the critics she got it.

Now it's time to pander to the GP.

err no because that worked so well for Mariah let's leave Lana to her artistic vision thanks

I think every Lana Stan wants her on the radio and stuff like that but we're not gonna be unsupportive if she doesn't want to go in a commercial direction.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

err no because that worked so well for Mariah let's leave Lana to her artistic vision thanks

Mariah is flopping now thats why people are making fun of her.....

You just proved my point. And besides Mariah is 50... Had a huge long career.

I know you all hate sales talk but I used to stan nelly furtado since I was 10 and she went from having sales, critical acclaim and a stable fan base to having pitchfork funded homemade music videos and mediocre reviews on her indie record (bc she got dropped) that sold less copies in its first week than the 30 year old thriller album.

i76mrxw.png