Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Love tanked because it was leaked. Coming out weeks ahead of schedule will do that to a song.

The Lust for Life song release...is a mess. And the only thing that makes sense to me is that Lana did the whole Radio 1 premier thing simply to head off a leak, which would only damage the overall album rollout more. (I mean, there's also the possibility she did it just to do it, but to release a song weeks before it was scheduled to come out, only to not push it to radio and to not release its MV until its previously scheduled date makes zero sense).

We don't know that, though.

I remember reading here that people had Love, Architecture, Subversive Road, and another song. The last two could have been lies but...I wouldn't put it past traders to have those songs and other ones.

Love did not flop because it leaked. Had it not leaked, it still would have very similar chart positions. Leaks are not as big a deal as you think.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I have to say, I was going to be extremely confused if Coachella did make it onto the album, since I'm assuming they would have already pressed a bunch of the albums and printed out booklets/cover sheets and so on. It wasn't realistic for it to make the album this late around anyway.

The more I listen to it, though, the more that I can bear it and sort of enjoy it, especially now that I know it's just something extra on the side Lana wanted to give us rather than an actual album song. The intention behind it seems very genuine and it gives off a very positive vibe which I love, but overall the execution and the production is rather sub-par.

I'm not sure what to expect with the album at this point. Love is an amazing song but sonically it's quite "safe" and nothing really that new melodically. Lust For Life is certainly a change of direction, but unfortunately I'm not quite sure it was exactly the "right" direction. Still, it's a nice song. Abel's voice certainly complements Lana's, but overall the song is nothing out of this world. I have listened to it a lot already but it's probably my least favorite title track from her releases so far (yes, even the slow Honeymoon title track is much more beautiful and enjoyable to me). 

I actually like BAR the most out of the songs we've heard so far, so I'm really hoping it makes the album. I've tried not to overplay it too much since the album isn't out and we weren't really meant to hear it yet, plus I feel as if I might get sick of it by the time we get the full album. Also, if it has a slightly different production then I might end up suffering from Black Beauty Syndrome and end up not enjoying the final version as much as the demo since I'd replayed it so much.

So far, my ranking is:

BAR > Love > LFL > C-WIMM (if we're counting that as a legitimate song from this era).

So far, my ranking is:

BAR > Love > LFL > C-WIMM (if we're counting that as a legitimate song from this era).

I'm praying in every religious practice for BAR/Architecture/Whatever to be on the album :defeated:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I'm praying in every religious practice for BAR/Architecture/Whatever to be on the album :defeated:

Well her ELLE interview hinted towards it

"don't date a selfish singer"

If im not wrong, that was just another clue

see, u just got a whole song for free, like as a gift from her, yet u still were hating.

i hope y'all feel bad u ungrateful little shits :*

I do feel bad but my attitude towards Lana's effort being changed won't make the song itself good :lolliney:

Well her ELLE interview hinted towards it

"don't date a selfish singer"

If im not wrong, that was just another clue

I never thought about that! Thanks, lol. This gives me hope!

If this were an album cut instead of a promo single, all of you gays would be praising her for being woke

If it won't all of a sudden attack me on the album with this aggresive beat amongst other songs that sound different (that's a guess) then I don't mind listening to it casually that I can agree on but her being woke & me loving it won't change the overall track

Cant say I think this is a great song tbh, I'm happy its not on the album. The meltdowns on here though are ridiculous, its not an awful song by any means, I just happen not to like it as much as LFL or Love which are both great songs.

qsVmBMd.png

Well I like the song so I'm gonna add it to the album as a bonus track on my itunes anyway  :whatever2:

But yeah, now we know the song won't be on the album I feel more confident that the album will still most likely be released on the 26th! Possibly a pre-order coming this Friday? That leaves a week till the album release, so it sounds realistic enough to believe?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

what's the point of cut the album promo with non_album promo i bet something is wrong with her and her album and her label 

Based on what? Like she literally just wrote a song because she was inspired and she liked the message of it so she recorded it and released it to us as a little gift... it's not that deep

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

If this were an album cut instead of a promo single, all of you gays would be praising her for being woke

Yesterday we thought it was an album cut and we dragged her still, this is not a halsey or princess nokia forum whatever, so behave fag

Can anyone remember that horror snippet leak on China Palace's Instagram?? I really hope that's the instrumentation of one of her songs on the new album. It's so creepy and heavenly  :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Coachella is ironically growing on me. I hated it yesterday but I was craving it really badly today. I can't stop listening to it. What kind of voodoo is this :crying: #LanaisaWitchConfirmedT

So if Lana has the freedom to record songs last minute and release them that wont appear on her album then why doesn't she officially release a "Best of Unreleased" album?? Like how RnB artists keep releasing free mixtapes. She should do that. In fact she should release a mixtape every week cause she has recorded so many fucking songs!! She can afford to do that and bring peace and infinite blessings to the world :kiss:

Yesterday we thought it was an album cut and we dragged her still, this is not a halsey or princess nokia forum whatever, so behave fag

i am halsey