Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

is anybody else nervous about getting to the point where youve fully finished an album, and then you realize it will probably be another 2 years until you get a new one?

i know its dumb to say when were about to get a whole album but i just realized a week after LFL comes out there will probably already be a LDR6 pre-pre-release thread where we repeat the year with no news (like how a majority of 2016 had almost no actual lana news)

the thought of repeating the post-honeymoon era terrifies me

The post-honeymoon era wasn't terrible at all

I mean, we got a 10 minutes video for Freak in february, amazing concerts through all the summer, and Stargirl also came out in november..

The post-honeymoon era wasn't terrible at all

I mean, we got a 10 minutes video for Freak in february, amazing concerts through all the summer, and Stargirl also came out in november..

i guess the last two are just things im not super interested in (live performances or the weeknd) and i like the freak music video but it doesnt stand out as strongly as some of her other mvs.

pNjWdpc.png

not making another thread for it but here's my bomb ass interpretation of Lana's best era yet

Ok so 

Obviously something happens to separate Lana from Abel, or the future Lana we see here (LfL trailer) wouldn't be alone 

tumblr_onla4x0Inu1rdpjfqo1_540.gif

this is future lana. She's obviously very mature and wise, maybe hundreds or thousands of years old. She's dedicated most of her time to helping humanity, somehow using magic/witch powers by literally sending love/good vibes down to Earth.

Hmmm.... down to Earth. We see in the Lust for Life video that the Hollywood sign (as in real life) is quite thin). There's no way Lana actually lives in the Hollywood sign.

PERHAPS... the H of the Hollywood sign is a part of the replica... on the moon. She had such an establishment built as a homage to Abel, who had shown her the light and her lust for life right there on the Hollywood sign. But what happened to him...?

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Love_video_news_Under_the

Judging by the title "When the World was at War We Kept Dancing", in this future the Earth might be in the midst of war, and she might not be able to help without considerable distance (or her powers could be used for bad, perhaps. Who knows what kind of war this is. Perhaps a spiritual war?). Remember the book Lana read back in like, 2011, mentioned in this article? (http://www.thefader....ng-lana-del-rey). It's called Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, and Human Enhancement Herald The Dawn Of TechnoDimensional Spiritual Warfare. A mouthful, right. 

Lana herself states about the book that "we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing—from understanding cybernetics, to learning that living organisms are now being created synthetically. In my world, life has always been more than music and art; it's about science and understanding where we come from."

I think Lana, in this mythos, plays a tremendous role in this technodimensional spiritual warfare. And she's on the side of the angels. 

So, where does all of this come in? Perhaps this era is an alternate reality, in which cybernetics/robotics have taken off and it's possible for the very wealthy, perhaps, to put themselves into synthetic bodies so that they can live forever. But the war could have come from a divide of the classes and a possible malfunction of these bodies. Maybe Lana stood up for the majority of the world, despite being gifted all the futuristic advancements in the future money can buy, and she was able to advance herself beyond as she lived longer and longer. Maybe Abel wasn't so lucky, and in this massive hijack, he ended up being killed. 

If you can't already tell, I write scifi as a hobby. But I feel like this would be a really interesting meaning for the era to take on. 

I really want this album to come out Friday but, realistically?? idk.... where did May 26 come from anyway? From her ingredients tweet?

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

I do think he's lying too. Why the hell wouldn't the album be finished? Like, wth. If it wasn't finished she wouldn't say spring on a magazine nor even have a part of an interview cut out

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

he's lying he's such a liar we all know it's finished already and the guy from Elle uk magazine listened to all of it

-cries a river-

Yes, a member of Elle UK listened to it in LA last month.