Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

the snippets didn't "leak" learn ur terminology guys it's just making the situation messy and people start(ed) to believe that some people have the full songs which isn't the case.

i76mrxw.png 

LFL to drop 3 days after my 21st birthday!! My friends a DJ at a club in my hometown and I don't care what I have to do, I'll do whatever to him I have to to make sure he's playing SB and GL every time I walk my ass into the club.

GURL IS YOUR BIRTHDAY JULY 18TH ?

giphy.gif

I cannot get over how good the Groupie Love snippet sounds. Personally I'm not quite as pumped for Summer Bummer as I am for Groupie Love, the latter just sounds 1000 times better in my opinion. Wow I'm so excited!!!! 

since we don't have anymore than snippets right now I decided to relisten to Lust for Life and OMG I know why it was supposed to be Blade Runner themed 

The line "They say only the good die young, that just ain't right" might refer to the fact that replicants had a limited lifespan, of only around four years" from wikipedia: " Late in the film, Dr. Eldon Tyrell states that the lifespan limitation cannot be circumvented, and any attempt to circumvent the limitation kills the replicant during the procedure."

But the lyrics defy this in a sense, in that Lana's "Lust for Life" will keep her alive. Although maybe the fact that in the video she kills herself (Abel is there with her) either implies that A. She might as well be happy in death with her beloved, and maybe there's a heaven after all or B. A common science fiction trope, somehow her and Abel were uploaded into some sort of computer simulation to live together forever (anyone seen Black Mirror?) 

Not sure where the taking off clothes line come in, let me rewatch Blade Runner/reread Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and get back with you

To make a long story short, someone give Lana the Voight-Kampff :creep:

GURL IS YOUR BIRTHDAY JULY 18TH ?

YES HENNY!!! :party:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I'll be celebrating your bday by getting 4 wisdom teeth removed. Lmao gas me up with the anesthesia

Oh em gee are you gonna be in pain while listening to LFL for the first time? :ohno:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Oh em gee are you gonna be in pain while listening to LFL for the first time? :ohno:

No but ill be higher than a kite bc the pain meds. What better way to listen to lana ammirite?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

No but ill be higher than a kite bc the pain meds. What better way to listen to lana ammirite?

Who needs anesthesia when you can only listen to Roachella In My Kitchen and die

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Who needs anesthesia when you can only listen to Roachella In My Kitchen and die

*cue the jokes about Honeymoon sending listeners into a coma

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Love getting notifications left and right when Becky from high school or fuckboy Jackson go live every 2 hours but when Lana goes live, my phone neglects to ever tell me (not like it was anything exciting).

white mustang > love > lust for life > groupie love > best american record > roses bloom for you > cherry > summer bummer > coachella > change

that is TEA  :oprah3:

this tea is SPOILED, ROTTEN, and WILTED

giphy.gif

Out of the tracks that we've been teased so far (that are supposed to be on the record) I'm most excited for White Mustang and Groupie Love. For me it's:

White Mustang > Groupie Love >>> Cherry > Change > Summer Bummer

I was more excited about Summer Bummer until I heard the masterpiece that is Groupie Love  :smokes3: