Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

"Critics can be so mean sometimes"

between this and lust for life (which I adore), I can see the critics absolutely destroying her this era :air:

an hour ago I wanted the album out asap, now I'm fine with her pushing it back to sort it out

Agreed! Back to the basics, mixed to negative critical reception. Check!

This is what happens when you guys keep asking for BTD back rather than an actually amazing album like UV.

Can't even blame her.

It's not that bad, just rushed. I can see it growing on me.

I thought Lust For Life (song) was meant to be the second single... what if...

Ok Idk if Album Pre-Order will come today but she'll probably speak about the record since she's releasing a song... like...

Maybe She'll at least drop a damn date

I find Anthony Fantano really fucking annoying, but I do feel that he is right in saying that instrumentation is so important for Lana's vision... BTD had the dichotomy between the hip-hop beats and samples with the rich instrumentation, Paradise had the ornate American production, UV had the white-hot rock vibe, HM had the atmospheric, lush, beautiful instrumentation. This... features such a trite 808 beat - it's awfully mixed - there's no atmosphere, no frisson, it legit sounds like one of those fanmade instrumentals.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

So is there any other HQ links or Spotify links? It's not showing on Spotify for me but Im in the US, so maybe that's why

Same, I keep refreshing to no avail. Come the f' on!

She almost did that with HBTB too

Gays which one is worse.. HBTB or Coachella?

HBTB is worse, definitely in my top 10 worst lana list with coachella and betty boop boop

i used to be casady  :teehee: 

Legitimately think that Lana came up with the rest of these lyrics with the song generator I was using 

"I was in... okay, a place.... Coachella? Woodstock? Okay, I'll put both"

:derpna:

"A verb... okay, swinging... on his... a body part? Shoulders I guess"

:hoe:

I can't believe she wrote, produced, mixed and mastered this in like a month? Not even? She should've released this on SoundCloud if she really wanted to like ... get a message across or whatever, but an official promo single? Lol girl bye.

I just refuse to believe this is a final song. The start is embarrassing, it sounds like a fan remix/mashup where the instrumental and tempo of the vocal don't match at all. I am lost for words, idk I just expect so much more from Lana and this song is just terribly average. The lyrics are bad (which her songs have been lately ngl) but the production doesn't even make up for it here.

Y'all I'm really not feeling this album so far. Love was spectacular, LFL was good and this is just ..... I'm trying to like it but every time I listen I notice something else unpolished about it 

FzytWEW.png