Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

This album is so messy in terms of sound though yikes critics will rip the album (as a whole) apart tbh

how can you tell for sure?

while HM was positively reviewed a lot of them said that her schtick was getting stale and she should switch it up and try new stuff on the next one and she obviously is.

ahhhhhhh the pretentious gays that think they are "above" rap because they listen to lana del rey

GTFO with that shit :lmao:

We all have different tastes. We listen to Lana because we appreciate a different kind of music. Plus BTD had a lot of 'speaking rapp verses' & we loved it!

It's just that it has that strong 'dark' vibe weeknd & all those pop artists are influenced by these days.. it's less of Lana & more of them.

We all have different tastes. We listen to Lana because we appreciate a different kind of music. Plus BTD had a lot of 'speaking rapp verses' & we loved it!

It's just that it has that strong 'dark' vibe weeknd & all those pop artists are influenced by these days.. it's less of Lana & more of them.

you have literally heard 17 seconds of it. there is no way you can get this much out of that.

how can you tell for sure?

while HM was positively reviewed a lot of them said that her schtick was getting stale and she should switch it up and try new stuff on the next one and she obviously is.

lmao what I said isn't a fact, just a prediction  :erm:

but anyways, I don't understand what critics look for really but I'm sure cohesiveness is a priority. And the album sound probs won't be cohesive with everything she's teased (cherry/asap collab/"acapella-type songs")

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

you have literally heard 17 seconds of it. there is no way you can get this much out of that.

I know.. but the 17 seconds of rapp over autotune mumbling wasn't very pleasant either.

I hope really hope Lana's verses are creative like in Spender. *fingers crossed*

Why is no one talking about her caption though?

"We made a lot of good ones but I think we picked the best ones for the record..." 

Ones? There's probably more than just this song she teased. Maybe for one of their projects? 

I'm super excited though I am living fuck me in the ass

I'm so glad I stan an ARTIST who isn't afraid to step out of her comfort zone, doesn't care about critics anymore AND also has a diverse sounding discography! Y'all can stay mad :umadney:

tumblr_mgg7niY79H1qggpkco1_500.gif

Aren't critics simply people with different tastes and inclinations towards different musical genres like anyone in the world? Why should we worry about what they say? What governs the opinion of a musical critic?

I sincerely ask you because I've never been very attached to what music critics say

I'm not trying to be rude to people who have talked about it ... it's just something I do not quite understand.

This album is so messy in terms of sound though yikes critics will rip the album (as a whole) apart tbh

Unapologetic by Rihanna was so critically acclaimed by fans, the gp, and critics. its extremely diverse. Hip Hop, rap, piano ballads, pop, edm, raggae, disco, etc.

idk why y'all think this much diversity is wrong. critics and the gp rip her because they say all her songs sound the same and now that she's switching it up its bad?

can't please anybody

Unapologetic by Rihanna was so critically acclaimed by fans, the gp, and critics. its extremely diverse. Hip Hop, rap, piano ballads, pop, edm, raggae, disco, etc.

idk why y'all think this much diversity is wrong. critics and the gp rip her because they say all her songs sound the same and now that she's switching it up its bad?

can't please anybody

relax lmaooooo

lmao what I said isn't a fact, just a prediction  :erm:

but anyways, I don't understand what critics look for really but I'm sure cohesiveness is a priority. And the album sound probs won't be cohesive with everything she's teased (cherry/asap collab/"acapella-type songs")

an album can be cohesive without all sounding the same though.

i have a feeling that there will be really clear cut sections to this album. one with more of the 60s vibes (love, LFL) the more acoustic/traditional ones (yosemite/tomorrow never came/BPBP) and then a more hip hop influenced side (cherry/asap collab). 

and i mean nothing is "generic" as long as there is no song with a dubstep breakdown we are good.

rap is one of the most acclaimed genres around today. when done right it can be really amazing. 

relax lmaooooo

hun im in bed eating bbq chips and listening to Unknown Mortal Orchestra, I'm as relaxed as you can get

I'm just saying its annoying that people are hating that she's adding diversity when we've just gotten out of an era with an album that had the same producer and writers for ever.single.song.

oh my god i just noticed we're almost at 1200 pages!! that's 1200 pages of messy mistakes and shame LB has brought into the world  :eek: , congrats !

dcc1d9dae4d71c386edd6191a7f3178a.jpg

Do u guys think she's still recording songs? If she releases July 21st will that be enough time for them to be mastered and mixed properly?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m