Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Are y'all girls for real? Off to The Races and Blue Jeans are iconic. How old are you all? Oh my

Yeah I didn't think you could be a lana fan without devoting 3 months minimum of your life to playing those songs on repeat non stop

LIZARD PEOPLE

Wow, I was not expecting her to actually have a rap song on the album. It's a bit hard to make a proper judgment based on the snippet, since it's so short and LQ but it doesn't sound too bad so far. At least it wasn't with G-Eazy, that would have been a real mess. I kinda wish it was just featuring A$AP Rocky though, instead of that other rapper dude (sorry, can't be bothered scrolling through this thread again to find his name  :toofunny: ). 

I know that some of you are pumped for this song, but you need to respect that not everyone will love this song and all these collabs. You can't expect everyone to love every single thing that Lana ever does. We are allowed to critique and state our opinions about songs. Personally, I'm excited to hear how this song sounds in full and especially how it fits into the context of the album, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has to feel the same way.

Whether I (and others on here) end up liking this song or not, all I can say is that at least there will be 17 other songs on the album we can hopefully enjoy. And at the end of the day, I like this idea of the record "jumping around a lot". It really sounds like there's going to be a huge variety of genres and styles being explored on this album, which is exciting. I just hope that it doesn't end up sounding like a complete jumble of sounds and hopefully she's considered the ordering of the tracklist carefully so that everything flows smoothly. This might sound kind of cheesy, but I like the concept of combining all these different styles and sounds, it links back to how Lana keeps saying she wants to make a record "for the fans", so hopefully everyone will come together and enjoy the album, with everyone finding some songs on the record that they love.

P.S. Lana, please stop tagging EVERY SINGLE DAMN POST with that "Hollyweird" caption. It was cute at first but now it just looks tacky  :awk:

If Lana has more rap features, let them include Kendrick Lamar and Lupe Fiasco please. A Shining Down meets Fear. meets Gods and Monsters style track please.

giphy.gif

If Lana has more rap features, let them include Kendrick Lamar and Lupe Fiasco please. A Shining Down meets Fear. meets Gods and Monsters style track please.

her and kanye would also mix well

Thanks God it's not G Eazy! This album is already a mess, the only hope i have is that it will be a "good" mess. I'm not a rap fan but ASAP voice has something interesting. But too many collabs already, she wants to make the reviews insignificant. The way she promoted these collabs tho, think about it she has The Weeknd, ASAP and we only got some insta teasing and she just drops the songs and the video, this type of urban pop screams for more promo, maybe that was the plan initially and she chickened out again hiding in a late July release when nobody is watching.

The new snippet sounds so good!!

I'm nervous for the album tho because everything has sounded so differently that I don't even know what to expect. I hope the critics don't tear it to shreds. Not because I care what the critics say, but it's clear that Lana takes reviews personally so I hope they are decent.

WAIT GUYs. i have a theory  :creepna2: .

what if: Lana is trying her hardest to make this era messy and check off every box of things critics hate; while trying to keep the veil of something meaningful by making some good strides (love/lfl mv, magazines and photoshoots), and then flipping the script and pushing the album back, tease the fans, release new under produced song that gp and critics don't truly care about researching it and think its a genuine new single off LfL!!- all so Lana can get torn apart by fans and critics so she can find her sad, meloncholic messy self so she can produce UV 2.0 a year and a half later!!

C8bvtUHUMAAYOBq.jpg

also if you don't see this is a joke and im just really bored...then...bitch..wyd...

Pleeeease no heavy autotune in a Lana Del Rey album or generic rapp!!

I listen to her music because it sounds so natural & raw & about real storylines & stuff.

(We can listen to Katy or Rihanna or Fifth Harmony for synthetic bops)

wrap you up in my daisy ... chains

Can somebody hear the lyrics other than this line tho?

I guess daisy is the symbolic flower for this L4L, just life rose for BTD & hydrangea for UV.