Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Rihanna is not Lana Del Rey.

I love Lana but...she cannot convincingly pull off the wide array of genres that Rihanna has (not just on that album but in her entire discography). That is not Lana's ministry. Lana can do a lot of genres, but not to that degree. Definitely not trap.

For me, it's not that diversity is wrong. It's that Lana has no synergy with trap music, contrary to the opinion of the gays on this board who think everything involving a TR-808 drum machine is trap. And I love that the same people who fell in love with Cherry bc of the IG videos are the same people saying that it's great AND that we can't judge based off of it.

I don't want Lana to come off like Katy Perry, slapping random popular rappers who don't even mesh with her sound on records just because she can. And I DEFINITELY don't want Lana to turn into Miley Cyrus (and I mean that both musically and socially).

I love rap music. It's what I listen to the most. And I know Lana has incorporated rap elements before. But there are at least two main concerns I have with her doing this, and both should be obvious.

yall are so delusional. Its like some of yall havent even been fans of lana for at least 2 minutes

Sure lanas gonna cut all her hair off, bleach it, change the image she's already established and then act like she belongs to a gang of rappers

Imagine an 18 track album full of Loves and Lust for Lifes and no experimentation.

How can you not expect her to experiment when the album is long as hell?

Let's be real here... we all know she is going to milk the next two months teasing us and trolling us every day, especially since she has so much material to use - practically 16 tracks we haven't heard yet.

yall are so delusional. Its like some of yall havent even been fans of lana for at least 2 minutes

Sure lanas gonna cut all her hair off, bleach it, change the image she's already established and then act like she belongs to a gang of rappers

Imagine an 18 track album full of Loves and Lust for Lifes and no experimentation.

How can you not expect her to experiment when the album is long as hell?

it's not really delusional to not want an artist you respect to turn into...

THIS, a goddamn fool: 

Katy_Migos.png

It's not precisely unprecedented. And I wouldn't call it "experimentation" either.

giphy.gif

Aren't critics simply people with different tastes and inclinations towards different musical genres like anyone in the world? Why should we worry about what they say? What governs the opinion of a musical critic?
I sincerely ask you because I've never been very attached to what music critics say

I'm not trying to be rude to people who have talked about it ... it's just something I do not quite understand.

My 2 cents on this is that a critic should at least have broad enough taste to address the review to people who might actually like the work. They should also have broad enough taste to identify other artists (past and present) that are similar in spirit to the reviewed work, so that if you happen to like those other artists you might like (or dislike) the considered work/artist. A critic should not focus on subjective reactions as this is profoundly uninteresting/uninformative (and critics that do so often rely on humor to attempt to disguise this tactic in a review). Critics can also have an hypothesis of the artist's intent and try to make some kind of "objective" evaluation as to whether the intent is realized well in the work. While this still ends up being subjective, at least it's interesting subjective, because it can explain why one critic loves and another hates the work (i.e., different hypotheses). 

Born to Die is the album with the lowest metacritic rate but after five years is on the billboard 200..I'm not worried about them..critics can be so mean sometimes

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

let her do her thing she never disappoints she knows us im sure everything will  turn out cohesive

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

I can definitely see Roses Bloom For You becoming the next Life is Beautiful... watch her pretend it's already released when we're still thirsting over it in spring 2018

Not if Eclipse leaks it.

giphy.gif

Tbh I'm not a fan of hip hop at all, but I'm gonna give the song a good listen too. I love experimental music, it changes things up a bit so it's exciting.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Eclipse has been great with actual info and old songs but I honestly doubt anyone has stuff recorded as recently as March

But he had LOVE for a looong time

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

The piano chords and melody have such a smoky piano bar after midnight vibe to it. Like when it's super slow and quiet and the person at the piano is just playing chords and reminiscing on where life has taken them and where they are now. 

I'd love her to release the song just in this style, only with piano and her voice, it would be so magical!

Guys, why are you so sure about roses being left out? She says that she has many that are left out, but this one isn't.. That's what I get from her description..

it's not really delusional to not want an artist you respect to turn into...

THIS, a goddamn fool:

Katy_Migos.png

It's not precisely unprecedented. And I wouldn't call it "experimentation" either.

she's always been a fool/nothings changed except a haircut and Lana is one of the most diverse artists out there solely based on her unreleased

Do you think rihanna could pull off multiple rock sub genres,hip hop sub genres,pop sub genres and folk without sounding out of place

Guys, why are you so sure about roses being left out? She says that she has many that are left out, but this one isn't.. That's what I get from her description..

she said many songs were left in the early stages and never finished and this one stuck out to her even if it wont be released

But he had LOVE for a looong time

That's true. Love was recorded back in summer 2016 - I would imagine that Lana has upped her security since noticing and talking to Eclipse late last year.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png