Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Women who cheat on their spouses in third world countries get acid thrown in their faces all the time. It's a common occurrence. In the first world? Sure it happens, but it's not as frequent. :whatever:

I'm in no way denying those in other countries aren't statistically suffering more (due to their society, lack of justice, lack of awareness, misogyny) but it IS happening everywhere, increasingly so. I applaud people like Malala and Katie Piper for showing awareness amd showing they are strong and educate others about the violence that is happening and happened to them. Of course it happens in "the first world". Women are getting killed, tortured and abused every day. It's staggering.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I'm in no way denying those in other countries aren't statistically suffering more (due to their society, lack of justice, lack of awareness, misogyny) but it IS happening everywhere, increasingly so. I applaud people like Malala and Katie Piper for showing awareness amd showing they are strong and educate others about the violence that is happening and happened to them. Of course it happens in "the first world". Women are getting killed, tortured and abused every day. It's staggering.

I've read Katie Pipers autobiography and lots of things like that so I'm not 100% clueless as to how these tragic events occur in first world countries. Of course first world countries could be a lot better and attacks and abuse are happening everywhere, I'm not denying that.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I couldn't agree more

I've read Katie Pipers autobiography and lots of things like that so I'm not 100% clueless as to how these tragic events occur in first world countries. Of course first world countries could be a lot better and attacks and abuse are happening everywhere, I'm not denying that.

I think that you guys are both right! But I think that @VegasBaby was just saying that the fact that it occurs less frequently in the called "first world" doesn't make it less important. The fact that this shit still occurs in practically every society is what should alarm us. IMO, the patriarchy should be radically destroyed. It fucks up women all over the world, in a lot of fucked up ways. But I agree with both of you 

throwback to two weeks ago when we thought we were actually getting the album

I don't need the memories. :icant:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Omg this just in!

The next release off Lana's upcoming record Lust for Life will reportedly be a buzz promo single "Spinning Around (feat. G-Eazy)", a cover of Kylie Minogue's dance-pop/disco hit from 2000, which won the 2000 ARIA Music Award for Best Pop Release. With lyrics like "I'm spinning around/Move out of my way/I know you're feelin' me 'cuz you like it like this/I'm breakin' it down/I'm not the same/I know you're feelin' me 'cuz you like it like this", it'll be interesting to see if Ms. Del Rey has managed to turn the cheerful hit of the Australian pop diva into a moody declaration of moving on with possibly a sound similar to her own track "Freak" from the 2015 album Honeymoon, or keeping it joyful with a more psychedelic twist with the American rapper G-Eazy throwing in a completely new verse of his own.

The cover is supposed to drop on June 19th which marks the 17th anniversary of the original Minogue song, along with an official preorder for the new record Lust for Life, out July 21st. See the official cover art and the music video for the song by Kylie Minogue below. Only time will tell if the two are working on a visual and if we'll see Lana hopping in Minogue's iconic golden hotpants grinding against G-Eazy in a more or less smoky club scene!

3jJw2oE.png

sorry if I gave anyone a heart attack  :toofunny:  xo

I would not be opposed to Lana covering Kylie

Yeah same, now that I came up with that I'd actually want to see that happen lol. I love Kylie  :flutter:

Is anyone doing anything for Lana's birthday this year? Other than getting the hashtag trending like ever year lmao.

I saw someone collecting like 20-second video clips for her on Instagram or somewhere, dunno if it's been any successfull

I would not be opposed to Lana covering Kylie

I would kill for Lana to cover Confide In Me  :defeated:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I would kill for Lana to cover Confide In Me  :defeated:

OMG YES THAT SONG IS ICONIC. My all time fave (from her)  :defeated:

Edit: omg imagine Lana doing this