Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Lana writing iconic lyrics every era!!

My personal fave atm:

"Who am I to sympathise when no one gave a damn?" :')

ugh i fucking agree i love the way she says it so muchh

ok i want need someone to edit Queen of Disaster and replace the words 'disaster' and 'ballerina' with either a mock voice or just fucked up text to speech saying of 'fidget spinner'

i know its stupid and dumb but i need it now

baby im the queen of ballerina 

womaneatingsandwich.gif

spin of disaster

y'all know what i meant  :rollin:

Oh wow Lana would be LUCKY to cover the work of an INTERNATIONALLY SUCCESSFUL, CRITCALLY ACCLAIMED, AND TALENTED LEGEND like Kylie

Have I stated otherwise? :flutter:

It's kinda disappointing to see such good music flop like lfl's singles I don't understand how people don't like her music, I mean they're doing decent on YouTube but in terms of sales and Spotify the singles aren't doing as well...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Change makes me think of it, especially the first sentence

(I woke up singing that I didn't know why 'cauz I never liked it, and I listened to Change again and then I realized my brain made a connexion between thoese two songs)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

It's kinda disappointing to see such good music flop like lfl's singles I don't understand how people don't like her music, I mean they're doing decent on YouTube but in terms of sales and Spotify the singles aren't doing as well...

They would probably do really well if she promoted. I consider her a successful artist in terms of albums rather than singles.

I think I repeated the "White Mustang" snippet more than Cherry. It might be my favorite so far, I'm obsessed with it. I'm torn, I thought Cherry would be THAT song lol. I'm not fond of ranking songs on here, but I'm so fucking bored. Therefore, if I'm gonna rank what we have it'd be:

White Mustang>Cherry>Roses Bloom For You=Love>Change>Daisy Chains>Lust For Life (LFL is growing on me little by little)

....Coachella didn't even make the list. Also, I never listened to BAR.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I'm so bored too, and I love to read ranks so...

I am intrigued by :

Cherry (curious to hear the 'ruined' line on the studio version, it's so strange in live version, but very optimistic) > White Mustang (looks sad but oh so beautiful) > Daisy Chains (the snippet is really not musical so i'm very curious about this one and I loved the previous A$Ap collab) > Change (looks like an average Honeymoon cut) >>>> Roses Bloom For You (don't need any lullaby, but it's cute)

And what I liked :

Coachella (I understand the underappreciation but it's the most catchy and coolest song of the era to me, the lyrics, the melody...) > Love (A great song but not really interested by) >>>>>>>>> Lust for Life (I really don't like the maintream side of this song, but I like the Lana verses)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I think I repeated the "White Mustang" snippet more than Cherry. It might be my favorite so far, I'm obsessed with it. I'm torn, I thought Cherry would.

Also, I never listened to BAR.

I'm so ready for White Mustang! It is one of the ones I'm most looking forward to. You should love BAR. It's the best full length track we have so far, by far!

Lately I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care, who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn?

:defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: 

EotAQlJ.jpg

Radio doesn't play her songs, and she doesn't promote on radio or Tv.

It's not that people don't like her songs, they just don't hear about her.

Your music can be perfect but without exposure through promotion you will never make it big.

Radio doesn't play her songs, and she doesn't promote on radio or Tv.

It's not that people don't like her songs, they just don't hear about her.

Your music can be perfect but without exposure through promotion you will never make it big.

Whenever I hear random people (in real life) talking about Lana it's always about how "depressing" her songs are and how they want to commit suicide after listening. When Love came out, people were annoyed with it being on Spotify/AM playlists because it was such a downer. People just don't like her; she's a niche artist.