Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Since someone speculated earlier that Heroin is a velvet underground cover, here's that song: https://youtu.be/6xcwt9mSbYE

Idk if I can hear her doing this song but who knows. She always does a cover and it is Lou Reed so..

it was me n i think it definitely will be this, no logical other cover possibilities and i don't think she'd drop the tradition

giphy.gif

im not mad, I'm excited and ready for lanas best album.

lana has been editing and pushing back this album for a while, she's been changing her mind on tracks and those other 2 tracks didn't fit the image she saw for this album so she took them out.

even if she talked about it doesn't mean anything, she talked about the release date being may 26 and where are we now?

1. "Summer Bummer" and Playboi Carti took away anyyyyyyy chance this album had of being her best.

2. Lana wouldn't have said 18 tracks after the BBC performance if she didn't mean 18 tracks. 

3. She never talked about May 26th being the release date. Not once.

giphy.gif

i think RBFY could be In my feelings, the 'lilacs in my mind' and general theme of not letting anyone rain on her parade etc . it seems all these snippets are album song teasers so i think it must be relevant

giphy.gif

:defeated: this is my fave snippet she's shared, pleaseee let it be on the album

i wanted to see if Shazam could recognize it... it didn't.. and it recognized all other songs.

BUT I'M STILL IN DENIAL.

Lana can never do wrong in my eyes but boy would she hurt me so if i never get to hear roses bloom for you in full among lib and so on

Coachella has shit, patronising, try hard lyrics that pander to a 13yo white tumblr fanbase, and are at odds with the usual lyrical content Lana puts out.

Sure, we get weird lyrics here and there, but this entire song is cringe from start to finish in its attempt to be socially aware. I cannot respect it. It is so overt, and lacks the nuance her lyrics are so rich in possessing.

And, of course it's likely on the album according to this tracklist that seems realer and realer by the minute.

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

1. "Summer Bummer" and Playboi Carti took away anyyyyyyy chance this album had of being her best.

2. Lana wouldn't have said 18 tracks after the BBC performance if she didn't mean 18 tracks. 

3. She never talked about May 26th being the release date. Not once.

1. judging a song based on a title and its collaborators is extremely shallow and stupid considering she has songs called Shades of Cool, Sad Girl, High By the Beach, etc. 

2. have you not read the other posts and what she said? she said currently 18 tracks, she could take some out and add some in

3. if May 26th was never acknowledged then why would her manager go and let everyone know that it has been delayed from may 26 to july 21?

some of the lyrics in coachella are cringey but overall not bad, and theres songs from born to die with equally as cringey "13yo white tumblr fanbase" lyrics

if the song was named Stairway To Heaven it would have been like x10 better

pNjWdpc.png

i wanted to see if Shazam could recognize it... it didn't.. and it recognized all other songs.

BUT I'M STILL IN DENIAL.

Shazam recognizing it doesn't mean much, if it helps you feel better.

It recognizes Yes To Heaven and the Pawn Shop Blues demo (I wanted to see if it would recognize unreleased songs).

giphy.gif

Coachella has shit, patronising, try hard lyrics that pander to a 13yo white tumblr fanbase, and are at odds with the usual lyrical content Lana puts out.

Sure, we get weird lyrics here and there, but this entire song is cringe from start to finish in its attempt to be socially aware. I cannot respect it. It is so overt, and lacks the nuance her lyrics are so rich in possessing.

And, of course it's likely on the album according to this tracklist that seems realer and realer by the minute.

spot on.. i just fear she won't grow with us. Ultraviolence & Honeymoon were pretty grown up records but what if she feels she has to cater to younger listeneres

also sis posted a new picture on her instagram story, looking fabulous as fuck. wish i could get it without the bar above it though when i screenshot it

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

i dont expect much, ive already accepted the fact that ultraviolence and honeymoon will always be better than any past or future album lana puts out

pNjWdpc.png

1. judging a song based on a title and its collaborators is extremely shallow and stupid considering she has songs called Shades of Cool, Sad Girl, High By the Beach, etc. 

2. have you not read the other posts and what she said? she said currently 18 tracks

3. if May 26th was never acknowledged then why would her manager go and let everyone know that it has been delayed from may 26 to july 21?

1. You're judging an album you haven't even heard and saying it'll be Lana's best album. What was that about shallow and stupid, again? And I'm judging a song based on the incoherent mess of a snippet that we've heard. The title and the specific features are only the cherry on top of a shit sundae.

2. If we're going by what she said, then arguing about a tracklist she hasn't confirmed is pointless.

3. Because when May 26th came, members of this board harassed him on Instagram and wouldn't leave him alone

giphy.gif

i dont expect much, ive already accepted the fact that ultraviolence and honeymoon will always be better than any past or future album lana puts out

Facts. Nothing will ever top Ultraviolence :oprah3:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun