Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

ima jus have some #positivty for all of us; what do you want to see SB (it feels wrong typing it so i reduced it to letters) do lyrically/featurewise? Like how would you like it split up? Lyrical content you wanna see? dont say "i want carti and asap to share on verse then fuckgni DIE" or random bs please! only positivity here folks !

personally i want ASAP to make a reference to "unh, yea Lana thats my bitch you can tell by that swagger and them lips" 

What are all of your hopes for this record sonically? Let's talk something positive lol.

Personally, I want these tracks to be mostly be 4 + minutes long again, and I want a decent number of the tracks to have interesting bridges, like in Honeymoon. The bridges of Honeymoon, Freak, Salvatore, Blackest Day, and Terence Loves You are some of the most beautiful moments in Lana's official discography for me.

Slutty songs tumblr_oa2k4bbpEV1u6n38po1_250.gif

On the same boat, hope u brought the anti scurvy.

The part where she sounds even more so like a siren, I can't word things out and it's been bothering me aha :really:  :hae:

found it

She just might become my lover forever

I might fuck with her all summer for real

Then I hop up in your covers for real

Wrap you up in my daisy chains

someone posted the lyrics yesterday. its something like "i might fuck her all summer long" lol

Nothing wrong with that imo  :die:  :brows: LOL, the ones posted on Genius?

found it

She just might become my lover forever

I might fuck with her all summer for real

Then I hop up in your covers for real

Wrap you up in my daisy chains

Thank u! 

ima jus have some #positivty for all of us; what do you want to see SB (it feels wrong typing it so i reduced it to letters) do lyrically/featurewise? Like how would you like it split up? Lyrical content you wanna see? dont say "i want carti and asap to share on verse then fuckgni DIE" or random bs please! only positivity here folks !

personally i want ASAP to make a reference to "unh, yea Lana thats my bitch you can tell by that swagger and them lips" 

The tech element and frequencies that her voice travels through, like that in the insta snippet. It's like she was syphoning sex thru vocal cords.  :dance:

UV/Honeymoon

I feel like everyone is turning so fast on her when we've only really heard 3 songs for the album so far. And maybe a snippet or two of other ones. I believe she's heavily involved in this and is very proud of it. Although I will say I think she's backtracking a bit with Summer Bummer. Too me it seems like a lot has changed since Love was released in February. It seems the whole asthetic of the album is going on a whole different direction. I'm hoping she keeps the same cover or atleast the same logo she used for the first cover and doesn't use the ugly looking font from the album trailer and the SB.

UV is an amazing album, but it's hardly innovative. 

recording a whole album live and moving away from the hip hop and cinematic instruments that made her well known is not innovative? recording an album so drastically different from the last that her record company didn't support it isn't innovative? recording a live alternative rock album and moving away from her pop sound meanwhile everyone else gets pop-ier isnt innovative? not selling out like her record company wanted her to and recording an album that sounds like the west coast isn't innovative? do you know what the word innovative means?

some of y'all .....

recording a whole album live and moving away from the hip hop and cinematic instruments that made her well known is not innovative? recording an album so drastically different from the last that her record company didn't support it isn't innovative? recording a live alternative rock album and moving away from her pop sound meanwhile everyone else gets pop-ier isnt innovative? not selling out like her record company wanted her to and recording an album that sounds like the west coast isn't innovative? do you know what the word innovative means?

some of y'all .....

exactly :mariah:

Okay not to start a riot but UV isn't alternative rock. Using guitars here and there doesn't automatically make an album 'rock'. I'd say it's alternative pop with pop rock/surf undertones. Just a personal opinion pls don't kill me. :smokes:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Okay not to start a riot but UV isn't alternative rock. Using guitars here and there doesn't automatically make an album 'rock'. I'd say it's alternative pop with pop rock/surf undertones. Just a personal opinion pls don't kill me. :smokes:

what was the name of your icon's photoshoot? 

what was the name of your icon's photoshoot?

Marfa Journal (which happens to be my least fave photo shoot) but I like this one lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ultraviolence is so beautiful sometimes I doubt it actually exists and I also wonder how Lana managed to write those deep, unique lyrics. It's a gift from heaven and it's perfect in every single way :defeated: I could talk about it forever :oprah3:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

some of y'all .....

What I meant was that she didn't do anything that hadn't been done before by other artists. Obviously it was an innovation of her own sound, but she didn't innovate music in general. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

What I meant was that she didn't do anything that hadn't been done before by other artists. Obviously it was an innovation of her own sound, but she didn't innovate music in general. 

after lana moved away from her sound who moved away from their sound too? lady gaga

now that lana is moving back to her sound who's trying to move back to theirs? lady gaga

innovation

after lana moved away from her sound who moved away from their sound too? lady gaga

now that lana is moving back to her sound who's trying to move back to theirs? lady gaga

innovation

That's not what innovation means.

I AM MY ONLY GOD