Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

200.gif

It's not about your opinion, it's about the way you expressed it. All I'm gonna say now.

Was your way of expressing your opinion very polite? Just go back & read the essay you wrote for my comment, babe. Bye!

But I've heard the snippet & I know where she's taking it. I'd rather have a more elegant song like 'Cherry' as the next single, probably not a collaboration that sounds nothing like Lana.

(Of course I want her to grow as an artist but in a more artistic & cinematic way, not pop stuff everyone's doing)

Yeah exactly!! From what I've heard Summer Bummer is 100 times worse than Coachella :hottie:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

200.gif

It's not about your opinion, it's about the way you expressed it. All I'm gonna say now. 

but did he lie?

Summer Bummer is probably going to be a huge mess. She chose to be messy this era and abandon the wonderful, glamorous aura that actually made her as an artist before. But whatever, at least this time it's going to be a hillarious mess and not a bad one, like with Lust For Life.

Since there will obviously be great tracks with a classic Lana-feeling on the album, like Cherry or White Mustang, I don't even mind anymore.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I also don't like LFL that much, the song is kinda silly, but I don't know, Coachella just disappointing, I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but I truly believe it is the worst song she ever recorded 

PREACH SIS!! 100% FACTS. SPILL THAT TRUTH TEA

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

but did he lie?

Summer Bummer is probably going to be a huge mess. She chose to be messy this era and abandon the wonderful, glamorous aura that actually made her as an artist before. But whatever, at least this time it's going to be a hillarious mess and not a bad one, like with Lust For Life.

Since there will obviously be great tracks with a classic Lana-feeling on the album, like Cherry or White Mustang, I don't even mind anymore.

Wonderful, glamorous aura when we've been listening to Go go Dancer, Summer of Sam, Hot Hot Hot, St. Tropez and obviously Ridin' for YEARS. We know our queen has a trashy side and I'm glad she embraces it. I'm fine with people disagreeing, I just don't like when people prefer the "classic Lana" as you put it and then pretend to have a more advanced, non-generic taste in music   :xgiggle:

tbh i'm here for all the album if it  all sounds as sad as beautiful as White cum stang  :defeated:  that snipt  :defeated:  :defeated:

sis :defeated: i'm dying to hear the full song :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

You think the summer Bummer snippet is worse than Coachella... y'all are so blinded by your biased against rap

Well we follow a glamorous singer not a dirty rapper lol. It's completely understandable if some people are not here for that, it will just sound like noise to them

Wonderful, glamorous aura when we've been listening to Go go Dancer, Summer of Sam, Hot Hot Hot, St. Tropez and obviously Ridin' for YEARS. We know our queen has a trashy side and I'm glad she embraces it. I'm fine with people disagreeing, I just don't like when people prefer the "classic Lana" as you put it and then pretend to have a more advanced, non-generic taste in music   :xgiggle:

This fanbase and it's obsession with the unreleased material is annoying. Yeah, she had those tracks but looking at her OFFICIAL LDR discography (BtD, Paradise, UV, HM), she never used that stuff for her public artist-persona. Apart from that Summer Bummer and LFL are not really having this trashy charme all of the songs you mentioned have - they are just mainstream-ish.

Lanas appeal was always pretty unique, so it's understandable some people are disappointed when she does this stuff basically everyone is doing. If you are into "bops" there are more than enough artists that provide this sound. So yeah, I think it's artistic decay if she becomes generic. Not because I have a "better music taste' but because I think she can do better. Not everyone has to do the same stuff.

If this makes anyone feel better, people are pointing out how shitty her past titles have been and I didn't even notice because this is the first album cycle I've been on lanaboards for (I had a stan twitter and followed her closely on other sites, so it wasn't like I wasn't aware either). I dont think the general public will make automatic assumptions like we are; I think we're thinking too much into it because when you haven't heard a track it's really hard to judge what it will be like or what it's about. 

This fanbase and it's obsession with the unreleased material is annoying. Yeah, she had those tracks but looking at her OFFICIAL LDR discography (BtD, Paradise, UV, HM), she never used that stuff for her public artist-persona. Apart from that Summer Bummer and LFL are not really having this trashy charme all of the songs you mentioned have - they are just mainstream-ish.

Lanas appeal was always pretty unique, so it's understandable some people are disappointed when she does this stuff basically everyone is doing. If you are into "bops" there are more than enough artists that provide this sound. So yeah, I think it's artistic decay if she becomes generic. Not because I have a "better music taste' but because I think she can do better. Not everyone has to do the same stuff.

I wasn't talking about you but if the shoes fits lmao I thought we were talking about Summer Bummer and not Love or L4L even though I don't understand the hatred for those songs compared to songs like HBTB or MPG, they're all mediocre. And how is she doing what everyone is doing? Name one artist that comes close to her production or voice. Even if she does a trap song like Summer Bummer it's gonna be different because of her unique voice. And we, myself incuded, need to get rid of the idea of her being able to do better. She's not able to do better otherwise she would. Her muse is fading, her lyrics are getting plainer each album, there are rarely any surprises and a lot of repetitiveness. I love all of the songs but still.

She's not able to do better otherwise she would. Her muse is fading, her lyrics are getting plainer each album, there are rarely any surprises and a lot of repetitiveness. I love all of the songs but still.

XRxDx_s-200x150.gif

OMGGGGGGGG whaattt they are coming for you

I wasn't talking about you but if the shoes fits lmao I thought we were talking about Summer Bummer and not Love or L4L even though I don't understand the hatred for those songs compared to songs like HBTB or MPG, they're all mediocre. And how is she doing what everyone is doing? Name one artist that comes close to her production or voice. Even if she does a trap song like Summer Bummer it's gonna be different because of her unique voice. And we, myself incuded, need to get rid of the idea of her being able to do better. She's not able to do better otherwise she would. Her muse is fading, her lyrics are getting plainer each album, there are rarely any surprises and a lot of repetitiveness. I love all of the songs but still.

I think L4L soubds pretty much like something everyone could have done. So does the SB snippet.

And yeah, maybe her muse is fading. But I'd rather have her being repetitive with doing "the usual LDR stuff" a la Cherry, cause that's what she's great at, instead of delivering things her fans might like, but which are just ... generic.

If this makes anyone feel better, people are pointing out how shitty her past titles have been and I didn't even notice because this is the first album cycle I've been on lanaboards for (I had a stan twitter and followed her closely on other sites, so it wasn't like I wasn't aware either). I dont think the general public will make automatic assumptions like we are; I think we're thinking too much into it because when you haven't heard a track it's really hard to judge what it will be like or what it's about. 

tbh the general public will look at a title like 'Summer Bummer' and think she is not a serious artist who gives a crap about her work. thats what I would think

its sad from a musician who has written songs like Yayo, Elvis (personal fave) and her unreleased albums, that she seems to want to sabotage herself. almost as if she's throwing music out towards a void and not caring about an impact or an impression. 

:sadcore2:

@MahaMaha summed it up for me 

Edited by VegasBaby

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.