Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

tbh the general public will look at a title like 'Summer Bummer' and think she is not a serious artist who gives a crap about her work. thats what I would think

its sad from a musician who has written songs like Yayo, Elvis (personal fave) and her unreleased albums, that she seems to want to sabotage herself. almost as if she's throwing music out towards a void and not caring about an impact or an impression. 

:sadcore2:

@MahaMaha summed it up for me 

unfortunately, money is the anthem of success

I think L4L soubds pretty much like something everyone could have done. So does the SB snippet.

And yeah, maybe her muse is fading. But I'd rather have her being repetitive with doing "the usual LDR stuff" a la Cherry, cause that's what she's great at, instead of delivering things her fans might like, but which are just ... generic.

If I wanted to listen to generic music, I'd listen to halsey

You can make decent music and make money from it. If she showed she had an actual plan or vision with her work, I'd agree but she doesn't. If she was all about making money, then what was Tropico about? Did she or anyone else make any (or much) money from that? 

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

If I wanted to listen to generic music, I'd listen to halsey

That's what I mean. If I want "bops to shake my ass to" there are PLENTY of artists. Don't need Lana to deliver that sort of thi gs. I stan her for hr unique style

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

You can make decent music and make money from it. If she showed she had an actual plan or vision with her work, I'd agree but she doesn't. If she was all about making money, then what was Tropico about? Did she or anyone else make any (or much) money from that? 

lol I think that Lana is becoming a sell-out tbh. Still love her, but unfortunately those shit happens. 

btw: I don't think that's it's her fault, her managers and her label are worse than hell. They just think about money

That's what I mean. If I want "bops to shake my ass to" there are PLENTY of artists. Don't need Lana to deliver that sort of thi gs. I stan her for hr unique style

I will not tolerate you comparing Lana's bops to that dick sucking shithead.  :crossed:  Lana's pop influenced music is better than whatever music you call generic. Like excuse me I've never heard something like Ridin' in my life, I can't just switch to a different artist and call it a day. Music is not automatically generic just because you don't like it. 

Summer Bummer may not be the most amazing title, but i'm still super excited to hear the song!

Lana bab is trying to promote positivity and optimism this era and i'm gonna embrace that...

I am OPTIMISTIC that this album is gonna be amazing xxoxo

lol I think that Lana is becoming a sell-out tbh. Still love her, but unfortunately those shit happens. 

btw: I don't think that's it's her fault, her managers and her label are worse than hell. They just think about money

Becoming? lol

i think that's a bit of a cop out really. when she talks about having control over the direction of her albums and music, it seems like its her in the driving seat making messy career decisions.

do you think her managers would suggest she release a song called Summer Bummer?  :facepalm:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I will not tolerate you comparing Lana's bops to that dick sucking shithead. :crossed: Lana's pop influenced music is better than whatever music you call generic. Like excuse me I've never heard something like Ridin' in my life, I can't just switch to a different artist and call it a day. Music is not automatically generic just because you don't like it.

'Ridin' & all those unreleased bops u mentioned above were from or before BTD era when she used to have a glam persona, themes & storylines .. *when she was doing music for herself not for her fans*

'Ridin' & all those unreleased bops u mentioned above were from or before BTD era when she used to have a glam persona, themes & storylines.. *when she was doing music for herself not for her fans*

Yes, exactly back when she was talented  :hooker:  but just like Every Man Gets His Wish is a better song than Cherry, Cherry is still nice. Ridin' is better than SB, but SB is still gonna be good. 

Becoming? lol

i think that's a bit of a cop out really. when she talks about having control over the direction of her albums and music, it seems like its her in the driving seat making messy career decisions.

do you think her managers would suggest she release a song called Summer Bummer?  :facepalm:

Considering that they're the same managers who couldn't deal properly w/ the leaks, yes. But of course that lana is doing some questionable career choices

I can't wait for LDR6 so I can pretend that LFL never happened :smokes3:

jk, but I'm not optimistic about this album  :eek:

same :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Do you guys think there will be a music video for 'Summer Bummer' too (IF it's the next single?). I mean, she was working on a visual a while ago?

There will be one surely.

It's so sad though, I was certain that if there was another pre-album single, it would be Cherry since she is comfortable enough to sing it live. Would have loved seeing a video for that one, specially now that her video game is truly on-point this era.

"Lana is losing her muse"

*worships an old album where she repeats "gimme them bright lights" at least 200 times and ignores an album they don't even understand*

The keyword is "execution". Her lyrics were always ... Lana lyrics. But the execution is where things got unique

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!