Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Oh... The times when Lana used to release singles as picture discs 

All I wanted was a 7" record of West Coast with Shades of Cool on side B, even a remix or something :(

Feels like major labels are not releasing physical singles anymore 

I don't know if Lana would sign with SubBop someday (or even if it will REALLY be good for her), all I know is that Father John Misty's latest record simply slayed

(The physical versions are wonderful and they did release "Real Love Baby" as a 7" single)

They must collaborate someday 

t9tqg0.jpg

Oh... The times when Lana used to release singles as picture discs 

All I wanted was a 7" record of West Coast with Shades of Cool on side B, even a remix or something :(

Feels like major labels are not releasing physical singles anymore 

they would if binch would make an effort to have some moderate success  :makeup:

i76mrxw.png 

when stevie asked her about fav songs on the album she mentioned love coashella and yosemite 

so Trashella is clearly on it

:defeated:

I'm not ok with this if they haven't worked with the production. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

You all need a fucking taste, the cover art already looks like a cult classic.

I think the idea of the cover we got is great actually

It was just poorly executed 

They could use a real scenery. for example

t9tqg0.jpg

Honestly, the production on "Love" is some of her best. That simple upright bass pluck is iconic and would be a great way to start the album but also a great way to end it. "Lust For Life" is boring to me. It's a cute song but it's the one song by Lana that doesn't make me feel something, if that makes sense. All of Lana's music makes me feel electric and almost "high" in a sense but this track, probably because it's a feature, isn't interesting to me and it feels like I chore when I get myself to listen to it. "Coachella" has a beautiful, iconic melody that was destroyed by lazy, rushed production and some questionably ironic lines. If they'd remaster Coachella to have a more cinematic, orchestral sound, it would be beautiful. Maybe if Rick stepped aside and Lana had Benny and Emile produce more tracks for her. I mean, afterall, they helped with Love which is the best thing to come out of this era so far.

giphy.gif

True, or if they got her to sing any other song than Blue Jeans. tbh ive never come across a Blue Jeans performance i like

Her performance of Blue Jeans at the Scala Club always gives me life

How could Coachella be one of Lana's favorites? What about all these children? And our children's gay children?

While I definitly think y'all are doing Coachella wrong, she never really proved that much taste in her own music - Summertime Sadness, Bel Air, Cruel World and Terrence Loves You were her favs for her other albums. All of them are nice, but neither is a standout from their respective album imo.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

While I definitly think y'all are doing Coachella wrong, she never really proved that much taste in her own music - Summertime Sadness, Bel Air, Cruel World and Terrence Loves You were her favs for her other albums. All of them are nice, but neither is a standout from their respective album imo.

Summertime Sadness, Cruel World and Terrence Loves You are iconic, I love them

Cruel World is my favorite from Ultraviolence, I love it's vibe so much

I think Coachella grew on her because she was moved by everything that was happening around her when she wrote the lyrics, she has a bound to it I guess

t9tqg0.jpg