Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I did have my doubts about this album because I thought it wasn't going to be my taste but I was wrong. I think Lana could have chosen better songs for singles (like Cherry) but that's not my decision. But personally I think the best songs aren't the singles, so I should have known better. I'm so excited for this album, honestly. I'm finding it so hard not to listen to the snippets again (but I might just once more). Also listening to the snippets with the released songs, it's like a puzzle that's finally coming together cause when you listen to it all at once, you suddenly just 'get' it. The aesthetic, the message, the vibe, the sound etc. I feel like an ass for ever doubting the queen.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

what are you doing here on a lana forum trashing lana? some of y'all are funny

pretty sure this forum witnessed a lotta fans bashing her and will continue to do so, but I wasn't bashing Lana I love her more than life I was bashing the album and pretty sure I'm not the only one who has an issue or two with the album tho I believe we'll grow to love it in the end

yFSfc8m.jpg

I think, and hope people have the same experiences as me so this doesn't sound stupid, with almost every album I've fully listened to the show stoppers never tend to be singles. Yeah, singles are amazing, but I always end up straying from them when re-listening to albums. Can't remember the last time I actively went to listen to Video Games, etc. It's the same with almost all artists for me. Singles are a good way to scratch the surface of an album to find the real treasures underneath.

Anyway, I love how layered the tracks seem to be in terms of sound and emotion. She's such a genius. Godneymoon all over again

Imagine calling Love subpar. You're definitely dead inside.

what if you said that to the wrong person whos been having a rough time? How would you feel antagonizing someone you dont know who could be going through something?

My comments are honestly so harmless and joke-like and I'd never joke about suicide. Get a grip and stop acting like you have me "figured out" or whatever.

ok y'all begged for SR, pay attention now

I haven't been here in a while because I'm in vacation, but don't you know the full name of the song? That'd be a relief for us to know that :defeated:

Also, I definitely won't listen to the snippets  (otherwise, I couldn't help but listening to Summer Bummer and Groupie Love, and wig shaken) :creep:

i am so living for the fact that lanaboards will now be a super happy and excited place to be for the final week!!!!!!!! it's been so hard with yall being so negative and doubtful all the time

LANA ALWAYS COMES THROUGH thats why she is our queen

:judgingu:

can't believe it has already descended back into negativity ): i thought finally joining lb would be fun because i could share pre release excitement with other fans and not just my uninterested bf ):

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

I think, and hope people have the same experiences as me so this doesn't sound stupid, with almost every album I've fully listened to the show stoppers never tend to be singles. Yeah, singles are amazing, but I always end up straying from them when re-listening to albums. Can't remember the last time I actively went to listen to Video Games, etc. It's the same with almost all artists for me. Singles are a good way to scratch the surface of an album to find the real treasures underneath.

same here but video games is an exception for me like it's just such a perfect song and so special to me. I remember hearing in on the radio in bed before BTD release and it was such a special moment in my life :flutter:

Its so funny how she has ASAP on record, probably the least political artist I can think of, and having over 3 themed political song. Queen of irony

A$AP Rocky actually made some pretty interesting statements but was mindlessly bashed for them. Just like Lana mostly stayed out of politics so far and the approach she seemingly takes in her songs is not really a straightforward "I speak my mind" kind of thing

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I fell in love with Lana with her metaphorical wonderland of soft ice creams and cherry colas in coney island. I think that's why it was so hard to stomach a song like Love with a line like "Look at you kids with your vintage music"... However, looking at the album as a whole, I do agree that it looks like it works. 

Loving the peaches and black beaches theme though, I think the album will have a good mix of dreamy Lana and childrens children Lana. 

Ahem just came up with a random theory that the Peaches theme alludes to the pervasive obsession with big butts lately i.e. peach emoticon. ??

A$AP Rocky actually made some pretty interesting statements but was mindlessly bashed for them. Just like Lana mostly stayed out of politics so far and the approach she seemingly takes in her songs is not really a straightforward "I speak my mind" kind of thing

I agree the statemnets are interesting, but they're very conflicting the political themes of Lana's songs. Here's a quote of him " “I don’t wanna talk about no fucking Ferguson and shit because I don’t live over there. I live in fucking SoHo and Beverly Hills. I can’t relate,”, he also expressed that he doesn't feel the need to comment on social issues, as he does nothing for them. This is goes exactly against* what Lana is saying, as she talked about how important the women's marches are, yet saying she doesn't go to them because she 'doesn't fit in'. I mean, the snippet literally says 'this is my modern manifeso'. If you don't call that irony, I don't know what is

I fell in love with Lana with her metaphorical wonderland of soft ice creams and cherry colas in coney island. I think that's why it was so hard to stomach a song like Love with a line like "Look at you kids with your vintage music"... However, looking at the album as a whole, I do agree that it looks like it works. 

Loving the peaches and black beaches theme though, I think the album will have a good mix of dreamy Lana and childrens children Lana. 

Ahem just came up with a random theory that the Peaches theme alludes to the pervasive obsession with big butts lately i.e. peach emoticon. ??

I saw someone else say the dripping peaches line could be about bums coming out of the water but nah I think that's too crass for even LFL lana. I think peaches are just literal peaches and something v sweet and kind of from that older lana aesthetic but who knows

I saw someone else say the dripping peaches line could be about bums coming out of the water but nah I think that's too crass for even LFL lana. I think peaches are just literal peaches and something v sweet and kind of from that older lana aesthetic but who knows

I dunno, she's being very literal this era.

Prepare for big butts coming out of water music video // Lana twerking at coachella surrounded by big butts while Kim Jong presses the button

I agree the statemnets are interesting, but they're very conflicting the political themes of Lana's songs. Here's a quote of him " “I don’t wanna talk about no fucking Ferguson and shit because I don’t live over there. I live in fucking SoHo and Beverly Hills. I can’t relate,”, he also expressed that he doesn't feel the need to comment on social issues, as he does nothing for them. This is goes exactly what Lana is saying, as she talked about how important the women's marches are, yet saying she doesn't go to them because she 'doesn't fit in'. I mean, the snippet literally says 'this is my modern manifeso'. If you don't call that irony, I don't know what is

Can you please explain where the irony is? She doesn't physically participate in a march so that disqualifies any political sentiment that she's trying to express? Her recognising the value of her platform, influence & public reach and using that as a medium to send politically-charged messages means nothing?

I agree the statemnets are interesting, but they're very conflicting the political themes of Lana's songs. Here's a quote of him " “I don’t wanna talk about no fucking Ferguson and shit because I don’t live over there. I live in fucking SoHo and Beverly Hills. I can’t relate,”, he also expressed that he doesn't feel the need to comment on social issues, as he does nothing for them. This is goes exactly against* what Lana is saying, as she talked about how important the women's marches are, yet saying she doesn't go to them because she 'doesn't fit in'. I mean, the snippet literally says 'this is my modern manifeso'. If you don't call that irony, I don't know what is

Can you please explain where the irony is? She doesn't physically participate in a march so that disqualifies any political sentiment that she's trying to express? Her recognising the value of her platform, influence & public reach and using that as a medium to send politically-charged messages means nothing?

I agree with @@Yosemite.

Plus the reason she probably doesn't feel like she 'fits in' is because she's a famous singer and she would end up having to stop to take photos, meet fans, sign things etc. which takes away from the whole point of going to a march to make a political statement

The irony being having not one but two features of an artist on your album that uses their platform to discuss the opposing views? I'm not trying to say her messages 'mean nothing', I am just trying to say that I think she's being very faux-politcal by adding him on there, jusdt that's just imo

I agree with @@Yosemite.

Plus the reason she probably doesn't feel like she 'fits in' is because she's a famous singer and she would end up having to stop to take photos, meet fans, sign things etc. which takes away from the whole point of going to a march to make a political statement

http://www.thefader.com/2017/01/22/rihanna-andre300-womens-march

What is the scenery in your signature ? Its beautiful.

aw thank you so much ! ;,) its a gif of Yosemite, it's meant to just be a funny little send off to a song I hyped up constantly on here (probably to the levels of annoying) and hearing it be cut off, my member title use to mention it for a day until i switched it to GL lyrics :kiss:

:judgingu:

can't believe it has already descended back into negativity ): i thought finally joining lb would be fun because i could share pre release excitement with other fans and not just my uninterested bf ):

right like i literally JUST posted that this site is a circle of friends now when i update it i have to make sure not to include the 13th bc apparently our lovely earth world decided it wants to have torrential rains

it's worth it, the funny dead horse meme pages, the drama and etc. are worth the few times the regular people that many have opinions on show up. If you wanted to dodge that bullet you're in luck because 2 ppl who have the same notoriety got kicked off so

13 Beaches might be one of my favourites :defeated: that intro is giving me West Coast music video vibes with seagulls flying high in the sky :oprah: kinda like a coney island scenario but in the west coast. I hope it's not gonna be underwhelming.

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun