Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

People who have listened, would you say that this is her best work to date?

Hell no. It's good, but not her best at all.

Production sounded sloppy sometimes, mainly 1st half of the album. Honeymoon stomps on this album production-wise.

The nice thing about this album is the variety. And how it flows. It flows reeeeeeally well.

I fuckiong worship UltraGODolence omfgggg my bussy ain't ready

She's using new concepts on this album. Lyrically, sonically, vocally. And the songs don't sound like a demo haha

In a scale from 0 to 10, how good is the album sistrens? 

9/10 -- would've been a 10 without Coachella tbh lol

I'm just gonna pretend it didn't happen and remove it from my LFL playlist, and scratch it on my vinyl

:illumilana2: :dmd: :justride:  

How is Stevie Nicks?

tbh she made me realise why I love lana so much like lana's voice just sounded so gorgeous next to hers and stevie nicks brought it down for me if i'm honest

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

I stand by what I said that this WOULD HAVE been her best album to date if she removed Lust for Life, Groupie Love, and Summer Bummer, and Coachella should've stayed the one-off political single that it was meant to be ! but what we got isn't too bad

People who have listened, would you say that this is her best work to date?

I think it genuinely might be

I stan UV like most people but this is so diverse and lyrically incredible

Beautiful vocals too

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

First listen thoughts:

- 13 Beaches is Lust For Life's Terrence Loves You. 

- White Mustang reminds me of Britney's Shattered Glass in that it's very short & sort of nothing-y.
- Heroin is Lust For Life's The Blackest Day (& will be criminally underrated).
- God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It is probably the most BTD-esque song of the album. It's beautiful.
- When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing is also beautiful & oddly sexy  -- it feels like GBA's sister.
- Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems... Why are Lana's vocals recorded in 5 paper bags compared to Stevie's? 
- Tomorrow Never Came might be my favorite song, it's gorgeous. Ready for her Laurel Canyon album. 
- Get Free is a gorgeous, mysterious, celebratory, almost psychedelic way of ending the album. 

Overall, it's a fascinating body of work that only an artist like Lana could release. She's such a singular, unique artist. I can sense a lot of growth & stretching within this album. It's going to take a few listens to sink in, but it's already growing.

I think it genuinely might be

I stan UV like most people but this is so diverse and lyrically incredible

Beautiful vocals too

That's awesome  :)  I really hope it does well critically

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I'm REALLY tired and I was listening to Heroin and the chorus scared the shit out of me  :ohno:

I couldn't listen to Heroin, Change and Get Free but at least I'll have something to look forward to the release

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

06ac127ac0e867a6_bite-seatbelt.jpg

I'm. going. fucking. insane. reading. all. of. y'all. borderline. spoiling. the. album.

also going insane due to digital rikers island but the former is more important