Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I bought the Target, the Box Set, and an Autographed CD, So realistically I'll hang up the poster and give away the Target CD to a fellow Lana fan less fortunate than I (mostly because it would bother my eyes to see it on my shelf like that :icant: )

My PMs are open :teehee:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Heroin, 13 Beaches, and Tomorrow Never Came are some of the best songs of her career. I absolutely love how in this record, notably in the bridge of Heroin, she sings with an intensity and passion that was virtually non-existent on Honeymoon (which was beautiful as it was somnambulant) and even Ultraviolence.

I'm also a massive sucker for countermelodies so songs like GBA with the countermelody in a later chorus hit the spot so well for me.

I would also say that this is her first album where I've felt that the production lets it down somewhat - her songwriting and lyricism is as strong as ever and the songs are beautiful - but it would have been nice to have dispensed from the cheap sounding trap beats and tacky "wall of sound" bass that plague songs like In My Feelings and Coachella. If these songs were produced more like 13 Beaches, then in my opinion the album would be close to flawless.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

So here's my ranking

1. Heroin

2. Tomorrow Never Came

4. Change

5. Get Free

6. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems

7. Cherry

8. When the World was at War We Kept Dancing

9. 13 Beaches

10. Lust for Life

11. In My Feelings

12. Love

13. God Bless America

14. Summer Bummer

15. Groupie Love

But overall, it's a solid album of 15 great songs. And this has to be my 2nd favourite record of Lana

nF70D0F.png

It's already been asked but I'm still confused -

Will the album be released on iTunes at 11:00 PM EST everywhere (aside from New Zealand) or will it be released at midnight depending on your timezone (for example, PST gets it at 12:00 AM PST and then EST gets it at 12:00 AM EST)?

After listening to all the tracks, hands down, Cherry is my favorite, but I figured it would be.  The cuss bombs are icing on the cake.

I'm still pondering how this album ranks compared to the others, but dear God I love it.  I can't wait until I get home tonight and enjoy this on my nice speakers with a bottle of wine...

i picture myself driving in cars with boys while i smoke a blunt listening to heroin under the night sky , the nice wind flowing through the car and picturing aeroplanes

giphy.gif

I

So how long until the instrumentals leak? I really hope we get acapellas too this time.
:ohno: :ohno:

I need the instrumentals of Change, Heroin, Tomorrow Never Came and 13 Beaches  :defeated:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

in my feelings is THAT song. quote me on it

Heroin says hi lol!

I like In My Feelings too but Heroin and 13B's are my favorites.

This album is really amazing. It has so many diff sounds yet is so cohesive. I'm really blown away by it. I love how she ties a lot of the songs together with the same words+themes. Her voice is so emotive on this album. Honestly idk where it will rank yet but it'll be near the top of my list of her records.