Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Lol everybody knew she would get shit for sampling Radiohead (intentional or not). Let's hope they don't make a big deal out of two tracks named Lust For Life (Saggy Iggy Pop) and Heroin (VU). And thankfully she didn't name Coachella "Stairway to Heaven" because they would definetely destroy her for that (also it would make rock fans hate her even more). 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Lol everybody knew she would get shit for sampling Radiohead (intentional or not). Let's hope they don't make a big deal out of two tracks named Lust For Life (Saggy Iggy Pop) and Heroin (VU). And thankfully she didn't name Coachella "Stairway to Heaven" because they would definetely destroy her for that (also it would make rock fans hate her even more). 

I think the references work because isn't the album supposed to be partly about how the past ties into the future? Idk

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

So finally I've listened to the album too – wow, I didn't expected to be blown away like that! I usually don't totally like Lana's albums at first listen but LFL is an instant hit for me. My favorites have to be 13 beaches, Heroin and Get free. The only song I didn'tlike at all is Summer Bummer but 15 good songs on one album is phenomenal anyway. :) And I love the crisp and powerful production of the songs and the atmosphere which is a bit more relaxed but still dark and melancholic. Just pure Lana.

1 Cherry

2 Summer Bummer

3 Tomorrow Never Came/Change/Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

6 In My Feelings

7 God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It

8 Groupie Love/Get Free

10 13 Beaches

11 Lust for Life

12 Love

13 When the World Was At War We Kept On Dancing

14 Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

15 White Mustang/ Heroin

no i just wanted to all see that katy perry got 2 stars and lana 4 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

I'm not the hugest Marina fan in the world, but Get Free sounds kind of like a Marina and the Diamonds song (especially the chorus)

Oh yeah it kinda does now that you said it!