Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

What happened to all the love in this thread just a few days ago. Where the hell is everyone

well the album is out so everyone's busy with listening

and a ton of ppl got mod-queued for asking/posting links of the leak

image.png

well the album is out so everyone's busy with listening

and a ton of ppl got mod-queued for asking/posting links of the leak

everyone is arriving 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

Ah, thank you, I kind of hear it now. I don't think it's thaaaat obvious tho. 

This! Also, can you even copy a chord progression? I mean, most pop songs have the same basic chord progressions.

Chord progressions can't be copyrighted, because if they were, Bo Diddley would be the richest person in the universe.

https://ask.audio/articles/5-common-beliefs-about-song-copyrights-some-true-some-false

#2 – Song Titles and Chord Progressions are not copyright protected

This is true. [...]There must be hundreds of songs that were hits in the ’50s and early ’60s that followed the familiar “ice cream changes” progression of I-vi-IV-V7. Thin “In The Still Of The Night” (another song that shares its title with others), “Donna”, “Silhouettes”, “This Boy” just for starters. Also the chords from the “Pachelbel Canon in D” have been used numerous times. Think “A Whiter Shade Of Pale.”

Roy Clark’s “Yesterday When I Was Young” has the exact same chords as the standard song “Autumn Leaves” but the melody is different, so no copyright violation. Makes for a great contrapuntal medley however.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

haven't heard album yet but her voice on Groupie Love alone is so evocative. It's magic. Easily one of my favourite Lana songs straight away. "Taking our dreams turning them to things" line is the dreamiest vocal moment ever

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I had never heard of Sean Ono Lennon before this, and I didn't check out his music before hearing TNC which I'm glad about because when I heard it it was such a pleasant surprise? I mean I don't have an interest in hearing his solo music, but his voice sounded great alongside Lana's! And TNC is a really beautiful track, so emotional! I'm really glad they made this track! 

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I literally just realised that in the song 'Get Free', Lana doesn't actually sing the words 'Get Free at all. :facepalm:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ugh just got an email stating the box set won't be shipped till October.

I just got it too  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif