Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

We got one gurl, 24.

Yeah but I liked that one a lot so I'd like another one (I'm not a girl lol)

is it even possible to have a gif in place of your signature

im about to have a stroke trying to fiddle with this

HOW does it work on my screen but not on any1 elses

I can see it

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I had work today right after the tracks premiered. What did I miss besides: the two tracks, boxset, no Yosemite (is that really true?) and her posting the tracklist we already had? Did I miss anything else?  :eek:

edit: annnnd I know about the SB two versions lol

ok how about now can yall see it :creep:

I had work today right after the tracks premiered. What did I miss besides: the two tracks, boxset, no Yosemite (is that really true?) and her posting the tracklist we already had? Did I miss anything else?  :eek:

yea no yosemite, she also officially meantioned BAR, scrapped them off the album but might not be totally done with them yet

theres also two dif versions of Summer Bummer and apparently a third yet to be released thats 20sec longer

Yeah but I liked that one a lot so I'd like another one (I'm not a girl lol)

I can see it

WAIT YOU SEE IT NOW

RBFY is Bel Air 2.0

Lol I want Bel Air 3.0 then

ok how about now can yall see it :creep:

yea no yosemite, she also officially meantioned BAR, scrapped them off the album but might not be totally done with them yet

theres also two dif versions of Summer Bummer and apparently a third yet to be released thats 20sec longer

WAIT YOU SEE IT NOW

Yes I can see it, Idk if the rest can see it though

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Wait what's this third summer bummer where did this come from ??

I just wish she would include every song she makes and have like a 30 song album in descending order of which she likes the most

Okay so my final verdict for the full LFL songs we have so far (including Cherry  :hooker: ) is:

Love > Cherry >> Groupie Love > Summer Bummer = Lust For Life > Coachella

Honestly, I don't go back to listen to Love that often but it just feels like her best song in this era so far. It's the most cohesive and it's the song that really feels like what her initial era was about & what her vision for this record is. 

Like Paradise (ignore me I'm a massive Paradise stan)  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

It could be called something like Serenity or Highway to Heaven 

No same, it's totally cool!

I like Serenity, it's easy on the ears. Actually Highway to Heaven sounds pretty good too. 

I was thinking something more, subtle.. I want so badly to say Life is Beautiful but we already know how that's been..

I can't put my finger on it.. I wouldn't even mind it being called Yosemite. but yeah  :hide:

UV/Honeymoon

No same, it's totally cool!

I like Serenity, it's easy on the ears. Actually Highway to Heaven sounds pretty good too. 

I was thinking something more, subtle.. I want so badly to say Life is Beautiful but we already know how that's been..

I can't put my finger on it.. I wouldn't even mind it being called Yosemite. but yeah  :hide:

i need lana to sing the words Fused and Bliss somehow in a future song or something. I feel like those words would roll so perfectly off of her tongue (thats kinda weird but u feel me, right?)

i need lana to sing the words Fused and Bliss somehow in a future song or something. I feel like those words would roll so perfectly off of her tongue (thats kinda weird but u feel me, right?)

Yeah no I get what you're trying to say. Sorta like, being or colliding, a sense of unity or oneness, like a reaction between two things, a genesis, and the state of that that induces bliss. The kind of bliss people feel when it happens. There's got to be the right sounding word for that 

UV/Honeymoon

Yeah no I get what you're trying to say. Sorta like, being or colliding, a sense of unity or oneness, like a reaction between two things, a genesis, and the state of that that induces bliss. The kind of bliss people feel when it happens. There's got to be the right sounding word for that 

don't think you realize we've been fused...

not a toy, for your own amuse--ment

suddenly I see you at the edge,

wantin' it to never end,

a time, time-stopping kiss,

a love filled with, bliss

YO so I just heard the part of the interview where she says Roses Bloom For You was supposed to be "an intro." My God can y'all imagine how legendary that would be if Lana did a piano ballad like that as the first track on her record. Serving "Happy" by Marina teas lollll

Edit: or was she talking about the fact that it was supposed to be an interlude orrrrrrr an intro to another track? 

don't think you realize we've been fused...

not a toy, for your own amuse--ment

suddenly I see you at the edge,

wantin' it to never end,

a time, time-stopping kiss,

a love filled with, bliss

If this is from an unreleased track, I wouldn't know it. Don't have a vast knowledge of em yet.

I like the lyrics for the most part tho, reminiscent of Summertime Sadness, vibes-wise. I'd phrase it more like,

When will you realize us two, we've been fused

don't try to take away your feelings from mine

I see you at the edge with me, suddenly

wishing this was never ending and I

would take your lips, seal it with mine

give you all my love, in kisses

filled with bliss, surrounded in it

as we walk together, side by side

mm, blissfully side by side

Something like that.

UV/Honeymoon

i feel so mature going from lizzy photos to lana photos, what going through the five stages of grief can do to someone

btw do any of you guys have the stills from the beats 1 interview of lana talking? i wanted to use those 4 my profile picture but this one will do temporarily

btw can y'all still see my signature clearly im jus tryna make sure i spent several reiterations on the goddamn photo sizing i dont want to love it too much then scrape it like a song of the same name

It seems like the original Lust For Life, back when it was Best American Record, was supposed to be centered around a groupie and a guitar player, presumably bass player since lana referred to bass players during interviewers. I believe the record was to be a journey through their love they share, ups and downs, as the contradicting themes present in BAR and Yosemite. Retaining a strong acoustic/ stripped sort of theme. I also believe songs like Groupie Love and RBFY were to be on the record too but GL was still in it's solo stages. If I'm being honest I believe these songs were going to originally be on the record :

1. Lust For Life

2. Cherry

3. God Bless America

4. Young And In Love

5. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks)

6. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

7. 13 Beaches

8. White Mustang

9. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon)

10. Groupie Love

11. Wild One

12. Yosemite

13. Best American Record

14. Heroin

15. Get Free

16. In My Feelings

17. *Horror Movie Track That Doesn't Have A Name Yet*

18. *Unknown*

dont bash me, this is all analytical but i believe we went through another UV sit when love leaked in feb which forced her to go back to working on it and recording more collabs thus making her movie the record to a more updated and modern trap style. Also in the process adding new music like Coachella & Summer Bummer. Also adding the Weeknd on LFL sometime in january or feb. ! hope other people can see what im trying to say

It seems like the original Lust For Life, back when it was Best American Record, was supposed to be centered around a groupie and a guitar player, presumably bass player since lana referred to bass players during interviewers. I believe the record was to be a journey through their love they share, ups and downs, as the contradicting themes present in BAR and Yosemite. Retaining a strong acoustic/ stripped sort of theme. I also believe songs like Groupie Love and RBFY were to be on the record too but GL was still in it's solo stages and RBFY would've been the album closer and present that she is finally happy, because she has love on her side now and Life is a Dream. If I'm being honest I believe these songs were going to originally be on the record :

1. Lust For Life

2. Cherry

3. God Bless America

4. Young And In Love

5. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks)

6. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

7. 13 Beaches

8. White Mustang

9. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon)

10. Groupie Love

11. Wild One

12. Yosemite

13. Best American Record

14. Heroin

15. Get Free

16. In My Feelings

17. *Horror Movie Track That Doesn't Have A Name Yet*

18. Roses Bloom For You

dont bash me, this is all analytical but i believe we went through another UV sit when love leaked in feb which forced her to go back to working on it and recording more collabs thus making her movie the record to a more updated and modern trap style. Also in the process adding new music like Coachella & Summer Bummer. Also adding the Weeknd on LFL sometime in january or feb. ! hope other people can see what im trying to say

actually RBFY used to be the intro.

???, ?????????