Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

well change snippets were fucking awful so dont expect anything more than a piano ballad

i hope, its hard to mess up a song thats just vocals and piano. i liked the lyrics and the melody, I'm just scared she's gonna throw something in that will make it seem cheap and rushed

ADhRP0I.jpg

PWsGKgi.png

its a gif of yosemite park with the fog rolling :toofunny: godfuckingdamnit i thought it was gonna look so COOL

I think she forgets about how late Coachella was written

I think she actually wrote Change after Coachella, like I wouldn't be surprised if it was written sometime in May. Probably not a whole lot of work was needed for production since it seems to be a simple piano ballad from the vids she posted. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

I hated the Groupie Love snippet and overwhelmed when I listened to the track at mu job, but when I got home and listened to it with my Bose headphones: WOW! Surprisingly this ended up being my favorite song from LFL so far (released) The A$AP collaboration feels very organic.

Things I like from Groupie Love

-This song for me will be the Brooklyn Baby of Lusy For Life, the chorus feels as hypnotic and paychodelic as Brooklyn Baby’s; her voice and the instrumental in this part is like a gloomy dream at a hippie festival like BB.

-The “broken snare” in the chorus was rare at first but I find it really interesting now, gives some kind of punch to the chorus, sounds to my like a bike chain. (For some reason I love the snare speed at the third “Groupie Looooooove”

-I love the “squeezing clown nose” sounds one-second before the 2 first choruses hit.

-Lana’s background moans in A$AP’s verse are so ADDICTING, again almost hypnotizing.

-Lana’s and A$AP’s vocals meshed together in the final chorus also reminds me BB final chorus.

-The guitars during the prechorus remind me of Blue Jeans and the drums remind me of horse steppings.

-I love the dissonant flute synth instrumental during “Taking our dreams and turning them into things” (Wished the song had an instrumental intro woth this flute-like sound)

-“Key lime and perfume” is already a signature lyric.

-The lyrics are reminiscent of Love in my opinion, very uplifting and retrospective at times.

-This song should be called Dreamy Love because it’s a goddam dream!

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

fun fact: this is an open discussion board, not everything said on here you'll like- but sometimes theres no point in preaching to the void. BAR was shoddy at best to make the record but Yosemite was rightfully mourned after being hyped for so long.

Let people live and have fun, it hasn't even been 12 hours since the release of the two songs. would you rather people keep discussing the same empty shit news and basic hype we've been going on for; or just let people express their opinions and discuss all the news we've received today? Keep your delusional opinion to yourself

You don’t get what I’m saying. It’s perfectly fine to be bummed that one of her most hyped songs got cut. What I’m saying is that we haven’t even heard it, so there’s no need to act like the album is shit because they aren’t included. And she said herself she would do something with them, take it as you will. But I have news for you: if she doesn’t release them, you actually will continue to live soooo :hae:

Finally listened to Summer Bummer & Groupie Love :crossed: .

I'm okay with Summer Bummer but I do like Groupie Love. However like the title track LFL these songs have little replay value. The shelf lives of these songs are going to age like a carton of milk. :derpna:

In 5 years time we'll all still be talking about BTD, West Coast, UV and some HM songs. None of us however will remember the LFL tracks fondly (or even at all).  :um3:

Oh sis do I have news for you. Love is already a classic. Has been since its release and it's iconic video (70mil and counting babe). Lust For Life will grow with age. And Groupie Love. This will be a song we discuss for ages as a base. Summer Bummer could potentially be successful if they push it to radio and it'll introduce new hip-hop fans.

Let's keep in mind there are 10 tracks we haven't heard so to jump to the conclusion that none of them will be remembered years from now is presumptuous and unfair tbh. My god, BPBP with Stevie and TNC with Sean Lennon are already destined to be timeless classics simply based off of the names and collars. God Bless America and WTWWAWWKD sound like they're going to be contenders for her magnum opus with "woke" lyrical commentary and iconic vocal tropes. I know I'm just as naive for assuming these songs will be remembered in years when I haven't heard half the album, but let's give the queen the benefit of the doubt. She's never not come through in the end. None of us thought Honeymoon would age so well and it has. Like fucking top shelf wine. Lust For Life has the hooks, production, lyrics, delivery to be her best work ever.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Is it just me or when Lana talks about WTWWAWWKD she sounds almost annoyed. Like it was exhausting to sing and write but she felt it HAD to be put on the record? Idk why. But she was surprised Zane liked the song and in the first interview she discussed it in, she said it was very dark and that she wasn't sure she wanted it to be put out for that reason.

On the other hand, the fact that it's "super dark" but she sings in a "soprano voice" with the highest notes of her career is very intriguing.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

do you think that since Yosemite was happier and she removed it that she is kind of in a different mind space; possibly a bit darker?

I read somewhere that she wasn't quite in that sort of place yet, but she's on her way towards it, so I can completely understand and respect why she didn't put the track on the record. 

The tracks she's been releasing thru-out the cycle hasn't been so happy, Love is probably the most optimistic, but that depends on your stance on Love as well. 

Not complaining tho, I've loved everything she's put out so far, LFL has been amazing from the tracks, I just want to know how everything;s gonna flesh itself out sonically

UV/Honeymoon

Hold on a fucking second... why is track 5 (White Mustang) aka the best song on Lust for Life missing from my preorder on iTunes??? WTF??

qm3dPqd.png

tdKC4dd.gif

Also lol at 6 out of the 16 tracks being explicit  :teehee:

do you think that since Yosemite was happier and she removed it that she is kind of in a different mind space; possibly a bit darker?

i thought that was kinda implied :aw: how the record started out more positive, then she claimed the smile was ironic, then a song she said she almost didnt put on the record because it was too dark somehow made it, and she cut a song that was too cheery because it seemed idealistic and she isn't that happy yet. 

especially with how grimey SB sounds, Change being fairly dystopiac, the whole pissed off annoyed look of the back cover, the Lo(U)st For Life Tracklist title; its safe to assume she isn't as happy as she wanted to be when first starting this endeavor.

I think its quite easy to see why she thought the record would be positive. Honeymoon was very gentle and calm, almost like being forcefully content- she started to believe it and we saw her glowin early 2017; then all the snippets she looked depressed as fuck (WM especially), at least these last few days she seems a lil happy but her social media updates dont mean anything but .1% of her day so 

Is it just me or when Lana talks about WTWWAWWKD she sounds almost annoyed. Like it was exhausting to sing and write but she felt it HAD to be put on the record? Idk why. But she was surprised Zane liked the song and in the first interview she discussed it in, she said it was very dark and that she wasn't sure she wanted it to be put out for that reason.

On the other hand, the fact that it's "super dark" but she sings in a "soprano voice" with the highest notes of her career is very intriguing.

Her high notes can still be so haunting/dark. Yayo, god knows I tried, fine China for examples. Our girl knows how to make us feel a certain way not matter what time she uses. So iconic

LIZARD PEOPLE

That is cool! You should do it with a still image if the gif won't work, it's still awesome

is it working now? i traded it out for a dif image. :crossed: the idea of a gif signature would've been so nice if it didn't break :icant: my magnum opus of a signature was almost there

Hold on a fucking second... why is track 5 (White Mustang) aka the best song on Lust for Life missing from my preorder on iTunes??? WTF??

qm3dPqd.png

tdKC4dd.gif

I had the same prob with groupie love but it eventually showed up. Idk. I wouldn't worry

LIZARD PEOPLE

qm3dPqd.png

tdKC4dd.gif

don't worry about it. when i was preordering mine Groupie Love was missing but when i preordered it showed up. i guess its just an error.

also why is sean ono lennons name all in caps?

qm3dPqd.png

tdKC4dd.gif

Also lol at 6 out of the 16 tracks being explicit  :teehee:

giphy.gif