Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Okay for real though I need to stop listening to the snippets. When will this masterpiece leak? I'm kidding

I don't think there is much point in holding off of listening to them. When you finally read the full songs there will still be 3+ minutes of new parts so it feels fresh.

I for one will be playing these at least 50 times tomorrow

13 Beaches - Sounds very mysterious with the voice filter in the beginning, almost dangerous. You can hear the slight annoyance in her voice when you know she's singing about the paparazzi. You can feel for Lana in this track. It's a bittersweet melody.

In My Feelings - Sounds like a femme fatale anthem. The voice filter is muffled, giving a misty atmosphere. With each line, her voice pushes the boundaries further and further. Her light breathy voice sails angelically in the background.

God Bless America - Sounds kinda bluesy, but with a modern twist. The melancholy is evident however Lana's positive lyrics make up for it, giving the song an overall positive tone. The chorus sounds very patriotic.

When The World Was At War - The acoustic guitars are light and airy, while the beat ponders away. I'm getting major Joanne (Gaga) vibes from it. The beat slightly drops and her voice shifts to a bluesy tone for the pre chorus. The lyrics are punchy, giving a sassy feel to it.

Beautiful People - This songs sounds to me like "I'm Going Home" by Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Soundtrack) and I don't know why. The piano is sweet, the lyrics are descriptive, with lots of metaphors. Sounds melancholic.

Tomorrow Never Came - The raw acoustic guitar plays softly in the beginning. Very folksy overtone. Reminiscent of early Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash, with a modern twist. A very western, desert feel. The guitar in the pre chorus I think sounds an awful lot like the first chords used in the song "Hotel California" by the Eagles. Lana's vocals are soft yet a fair amount of vibrato is used for that 60s/70s tone.

Heroin - The piano is there, however it's very quiet, giving an almost eerie yet calming sound. Her voice sounds aching, very gorgeous.

Get Free - Sounds very UV. Sounds like the song "I Can Never Go Home Anymore" by the Shangri-Las. The 60s beat is there, giving a cute fun beat.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The little male shout in the background in cherry adds so much to the overall dark vibe of the song. A perfect touch. I LOVE it