Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I hope the duets will actually make sense considering the lyrics (since in neither Abel's nor Sean's case, the voices go along in aparticular interesting way).

But I'm afraid they will end up being sort of "Prisoner" or "Hey Girl" songs, where there are just two artists sharing a song.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I hope the duets will actually make sense considering the lyrics (since in neither Abel's nor Sean's case, the voices go along in aparticular interesting way).

But I'm afraid they will end up being sort of "Prisoner" or "Hey Girl" songs, where there are just two artists sharing a song.

I disagree with you saying that Abel and Lanas voice don't go well together, prisoner was there first collab and truly was abit iffy but I feel they grew with stargirl and honestly if every track on the album sounded just a little like that I would devote life to the woman lol sean I'm not so sure about I think I agree with you there.

I disagree with you saying that Abel and Lanas voice don't go well together, prisoner was there first collab and truly was abit iffy but I feel they grew with stargirl and honestly if every track on the album sounded just a little like that I would devote life to the woman lol sean I'm not so sure about I think I agree with you there.

Stargirl had a nice production, but it would have been super fine without Abel's part. Abel's voice is too high to go along with Lana's, and hers is not deep enough to go along with his. I think their voices together just sound meh. Apart form the fact that I really dislike his vocals either way. I could see her collab with Sean working out better, but generally I wish she'd go for a sexy, deep male voice a la Mark Lanegan.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I hope she keeps the pretentious psuedo politicism to interviews and instagram posts. I can't imagine how clunky and terrible straightforward politically themed lyrics would sound.

Also the Lennon's :facepalm: I wish she would just collab with Zella Day

VyIsfwC.jpg

Stargirl had a nice production, but it would have been super fine without Abel's part. Abel's voice is too high to go along with Lana's, and hers is not deep enough to go along with his. I think their voices together just sound meh. Apart form the fact that I really dislike his vocals either way. I could see her collab with Sean working out better, but generally I wish she'd go for a sexy, deep male voice a la Mark Lanegan.

Now I understand what you mean abit better, on his own tracks his vocals seem abit OTT, hopefully with him being a feature she'll reign him in a little so it'll fit better- Id like more of a Party Monster esque feature where he'd only provide singular vocals and words to add to her section like she did with him for that song.

Oo Mark Lanegan's voice definitely :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

So the best part of lust for life is the verse that was reworked as the chorus which is now sung by abel with lana's harmonies in the background? :toofunny: the meltdowns when we're gonna hear that song for the first time.

i76mrxw.png 

Who made Lana sing in her low register?

I think they're talking about Britney for some reason

So the best part of lust for life is the verse that was reworked as the chorus which is now sung by abel with lana's harmonies in the background? :toofunny: the meltdowns when we're gonna hear that song for the first time.

As someone said earlier it's likely to be both of them singing the chorus together like Prisoner.

But Who made Lana sing in her low register?

I think it was Lana's own choice to do that. However, Britney's producer did get her to sing in a 'baby voice' because it was sexier (?) but ended up damaging her vocal chords

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think it was Lana's own choice to do that. However, Britney's producer did get her to sing in a 'baby voice' because it was sexier (?) but ended up damaging her vocal chords

yeah. 20 years of that too. one of these years shes gonna sound completely robotic