Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

If I was Lana, I would use the time wisely til July and re-start the era. Release the video for Lust For Life although it won't give the song any boost or her any significant exposure and then release a bunch of promo singles. Cherry seems like a good pick from the little we have heard of. Releasing Coachella was a mistake and that song should not have a place on the album.

Lead single in February, album in late July

tenor.gif

I suppose it's pretty fair to release album in February 2018, just to torture us for a year. And until then, to stay away from all of the social networks, performances, interviews, photoshoots etc. and just disappear 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Might have to do with her sudden decision to record/produce/release CWIMM

That doesn't make sense though since it was just a bonus and as we all know now its not gonna be on the L4L. The album has to be released on the 26th. Pushing it way back to July even for Lana and her team standards is highly unlikely, even reckless. She would destroy any momentum and hype the LP had :biblio: ...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I mean, if Interscope decided to push it back, it is understandable. Love didn't become even a moderate hit, LFL is on the B-playlist on Radio1 and is hardly inside the UK Top100 on iTunes and out of the Spotify Top200. The songs they thought had the best chances to pick up, failed. When you have one of the biggest stars right now on your single and it entirely bombs, I can understand that they might want a song to bring her back on track before they release the album.

And magazines are irrelevant. Nobody reads them aside from hardcore fans

Might have to do with her sudden decision to record/produce/release CWIMM

That has already been produced and released. That doesnt explain 2 month wait at all

I mean, if Interscope decided to push it back, it is understandable. Love didn't become even a moderate hit, LFL is on the B-playlist on Radio1 and is hardly inside the UK Top100 on iTunes and out of the Spotify Top200. The songs they thought had the best chances to pick up, failed. When you have one of the biggest stars right now on your single and it entirely bombs, I can understand that they might want a song to bring her back on track before they release the album.

And magazines are irrelevant. Nobody reads them aside from hardcore fans

All singles from Honeymoon flopped 10 times more than LFL singles and they didnt care. Why would suddenly start to care? Pushback never works anyway, she wont get radio hit in these 2 months miraculously. 

That has already been produced and released. That doesnt explain 2 month wait at all

All singles from Honeymoon flopped 10 times more than LFL singles and they didnt care. Why would suddenly start to care? Pushback never works anyway, she wont get radio hit in these 2 months miraculously. 

It probably altered her promotional schedule since she wanted to push it out so fast. I know the album has been completed for a while now, but I think she wanted to release CWIMM while also extending the promo for LFL (if that makes any sense). Not saying her decision was good, but the sudden release of CWIMM probably changed their plans 

& maybe she didn't want to compete w/ Shakira and all the other artists releasing stuff RN. But idk how sound that theory is since Katy Perry and Selena are probably releasing this summer too. 

but HM had a tight build up. All the songs came one after the other very fast. This release is streched out because they probably thought either Love or LFL would do moderately well and they didn't.

I found a few corrections to be made in the lyrics. Check em out and lemme know if you guys hear the same thing :kiss:

CHERRIES & WINE

When you're Standing in the Face of Danger

'Cause you just want it So Much, Damn Much

From your Faith in Love

It's like Heaven taking the Place of Something Evil

And then it Burned off from the Rush

Yeah, yeah

In time, In time, In time

I fall to pieces when I'm with you

I fall to pieces

My cherries & wine

An Analysis of this snippet :

The song is about the collision of the intense feelings of LOVE and LUST. It's about how when you meet a hot stranger you feel this incredible animal magnetism that makes you wanna tear off their clothes and consume each other. But once that part is over, the boys are usually detached and they leave but the girls start to get attached to them and develop obsessive thoughts about their lovers, as girls (as Lana sang in TIWMUG) all look for heaven in their lovers and most importantly true love. It's almost like a curse and girls would literally die to find and keep their true love by their side forever.

In this song Lana is at first overpowered by the feelings of LUST for this guy who's clearly bad for her. Their sexual chemistry is off the charts and the guy is clearly just using her for sex. She knows that and as time goes by she starts to go crazy over why this guy doesn't reciprocate the love she feels for him. She thinks she can change him but she's failing and as a result falling to pieces. She wants to quit him but she's stuck in a toxic downward spiral of LOVE & LUST.

HEAVEN = LOVE

SOMETHING EVIL = LUST

ONCE YOUR FEELINGS OF LUST ARE BURNED OFF FROM THE RUSH , YOU'RE LEFT TO DEAL WITH THE FEELINGS OF LOVE.

The whole time I was writing this I was thinking about Lana & G-Eazy's relationship.

It probably altered her promotional schedule since she wanted to push it out so fast. I know the album has been completed for a while now, but I think she wanted to release CWIMM while also extending the promo for LFL (if that makes any sense). Not saying her decision was good, but the sudden release of CWIMM probably changed their plans 

& maybe she didn't want to compete w/ Shakira and all the other artists releasing stuff RN. But idk how sound that theory is since Katy Perry and Selena are probably releasing this summer too. 

I fail to comprehend how releasing CWIMM altered her promotional schedule. She just dropped it on youtube for fans and thats it. LFL is not getting any promo as far as I know. Maybe its just some obstruction from her label and she cant do anything about it. Or she is still giving the album the final touch. 

Ben already said it is entirely different from HM.

I think they meant HM2 promo/singles/etc., not the sound

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

but HM had a tight build up. All the songs came one after the other very fast. This release is streched out because they probably thought either Love or LFL would do moderately well and they didn't.

Thats what they should do. I know there was a leak but releasing the album 5 months after the lead single totally kills the anticipation and piss off the loyal fans. Did they even give the singles radio adds ?