Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

So the chances of getting a new single are 0% cause it's already friday in most countries, right?

Lol no, she's been releasing things her time. (California time) so if we get anything it'll be around noon tomorrow

They probably thought one of the songs will do well after the tropico push, body electric had a short and really weird momentum after they released it but nothing major.

I really don't understand their approach for this album. They funded 2-3 music videos in advance, booked her a hand full of festivals and scheduled nothing but 2 radio premiers for the first two singles. that's basically all they did, now they most likely postponed the whole project because they finally came to the realisation that it won't bring them enough money to even cover for the cost of it.

Knowing what the people responsible are capable of I don't even think there's gonna be something done in these two months, maybe they'll book another festival, a magazine cover, pay for more adds on instagram and hope it's gonna sell twice as much.

On the other hand, I don't know what they were expecting. Songs become hits with payola on Spotify and radio. They did very little when it comes to Spotify and nothing in the US for radio. The fact that they can not place her on any radio format in the US is a real stunner.

Okay, I know you guys probably don't care at all lol, but I work at Target and I know for a fact that we don't get albums and stuff until 1-3 days before the release! Like it's usually the day before, but the earliest we'd get it is 3 days before the release. In my opinion, there is no way that'd we'd keep an album in our backroom for 2 months while waiting for the release, and furthermore, if we DID agree to do that somehow, I'm more than positive that someone would eventually accidentally put it out (not necessarily in MY store, but at SOME target somewhere), and it'd easily be leaked online soon after!

Me8oncJh.gif     I6Fjm8Pz.gif     198hVn0X.gif

Okay, I know you guys probably don't care at all lol, but I work at Target and I know for a fact that we don't get albums and stuff until 1-3 days before the release! Like it's usually the day before, but the earliest we'd get it is 3 days before the release. In my opinion, there is no way that'd we'd keep an album in our backroom for 2 months while waiting for the release, and furthermore, if we DID agree to do that somehow, I'm more than positive that someone would eventually accidentally put it out (not necessarily in MY store, but at SOME target somewhere), and it'd easily be leaked online soon after!

Shameless

photo-9205.jpg?_r=1494950336

you should let us know when you get it :hottie:

dark blue

dark blue

ppl who love honeymoon are probably racists. see limelights

tenor.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Is it possible if you are able check if the album is shipping by the 26th if you guys have a delivery schedule or something?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Fans: Hey Lana, when is the album coming out 

Lana: 

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future
And time future contained in time past
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden

giphy.gif

Is it possible if you are able check if the album is shipping by the 26th if you guys have a delivery schedule or something?

I don't work until next Tuesday, but I will for sure ask my friends in the electronics department to look into it! 

Me8oncJh.gif     I6Fjm8Pz.gif     198hVn0X.gif

Well, I mean, I get why they didn't want it for a single, it's obvious. And they agreed to pay for Tropico, but it was just not finished in time, it was months late. I mean MONTHS, not just a week or two. And then, they even gave her money for the big  release party and all. I wonder what they were thinking. It would have been way cheaper to make a video for G&M and just call it a day. Or to simply make another song off BTD a single with a proper video like Radio or Diet Mtn Dew

I honestly don't see why they wouldn't want Cola as a single. It could easily have been reworked into a radio-friendly song (give it a faster beat, replace "my pussy tastes like" with "my lips they taste like" - which even keeps the original rhyme scheme) and been a smash. Just like Brooklyn Baby, Florida Kilos, and High By The Beach could have been smashes with even the slightest bit of imagination on promoters' parts.

It's not about the quality guys, the quality has always been there, sometimes it was more approachable than other times, but always out of question. I am following Lana since 2011 and how her releases get executed is for the most part, a big, big, GIANT mess. 

It is quite disrespectful towards the actual material, but also towards her fans sometimes. I mean, something like that can happen once. That would be okay, even a second time might be understandable. But four times in a row, I wonder if they never think about it that it actually costs them more money in the end than what they get out of it.

It is just disappointing overall. 

The most disrespectful thing Lana/her team has done to her fans is come after Lanaboards and other fan-groupings. I can overlook messy album releases, but taking aim at us pisses me off.

giphy.gif