Matt

Movie Discussion Thread

new clip of leslie mann teaching the girls based off the movie "the secret"

off-topic: my english teacher on the second week of school devoted the entire week to teaching us based off this movie too, and she assigned some of her other students to make vision boards. she gives us lectures pretty much every morning 1st period a la andrea neiers 

new clip of leslie mann teaching the girls based off the movie "the secret"

off-topic: my english teacher on the second week of school devoted the entire week to teaching us based off this movie too, and she assigned some of her other students to make vision boards. she gives us lectures pretty much every morning 1st period a la andrea neiers 

I remember this from the reality show. I can't handle how great this movie is going to be.

so late but I finally saw stoker and was blown away!!! I loved the subtle buildup + pacing+ the way it was filmed overall. really beautiful film, aesthetically speaking.. and nicole looked 25 i swear. 

also im rly excited cos my dumb little town is hosting independent films w/ q&as with the filmmakers and such!! so maybe i'll meet some people from my town that are actually interested in film there- probably old people but I'll take what I can get.

also evil dead was campy + gory but amazing imo. but I love jane levy. excited for bling ring, before midnight, monsters university, and i actually want to see the purge 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

so late but I finally saw stoker and was blown away!!! I loved the subtle buildup + pacing+ the way it was filmed overall. really beautiful film, aesthetically speaking.. and nicole looked 25 i swear. 

also im rly excited cos my dumb little town is hosting independent films w/ q&as with the filmmakers and such!! so maybe i'll meet some people from my town that are actually interested in film there- probably old people but I'll take what I can get.

also evil dead was campy + gory but amazing imo. but I love jane levy. excited for bling ring, before midnight, monsters university, and i actually want to see the purge 

yesss u finally saw stoker!! i loved it so much. the ending (despite complaints from ppl that it was underwhelming) just got my stomach in knots. also nicole kidman is the greatest actress of our time - no doubt, and her monologue about children is just more proof of that fact tbh

wanted to see evil dead but never got around to it! i love the '81 version. hopefully i can see before midnight & monsters university soon, too 

&

new bling ring pics!!

tumblr_mo1n8w8ieg1rvua2oo4_250.jpg

tumblr_mo1n8w8ieg1rvua2oo8_250.jpg

tumblr_mo1n8w8ieg1rvua2oo1_250.jpg

tumblr_mo1n8w8ieg1rvua2oo3_250.jpg

tumblr_mo1n8w8ieg1rvua2oo6_250.jpg

tumblr_mo1n8w8ieg1rvua2oo7_250.jpg

tumblr_mo1n8w8ieg1rvua2oo9_250.jpg

tumblr_mo1n8w8ieg1rvua2oo10_250.jpg

tumblr_mo1plaLhlM1rcms4ho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo1plaLhlM1rcms4ho2_500.jpg

tumblr_mo1plaLhlM1rcms4ho3_500.jpg

tumblr_mo1plaLhlM1rcms4ho4_500.jpg

tumblr_mo1sdqvFMc1s8gmjao1_250.png

tumblr_mo1nkoUusr1rth6reo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo1ampX39a1re1y3go1_500.png

tumblr_mo2o59WY961rls4wqo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo2o59WY961rls4wqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo2o1bmxbv1rls4wqo5_1280.jpgtumblr_mo2o1bmxbv1rls4wqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo2nyjiAsa1rls4wqo4_1280.jpgtumblr_mo2nyjiAsa1rls4wqo2_250.jpg

tumblr_mo2o1bmxbv1rls4wqo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo6oghTKwU1rls4wqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo6sr1TAnX1re1y3go1_500.jpg

it's sad emma watson's mugshot isn't as gorgeous as alexis neiers 

also i spy a prayer circle!! if leslie mann doesn't say "and so it is" at least once, i'm done w this world.

omg at all these new clips

praising sofia for those arrest clips, the clip of emma leaving the jail just gave me pretty wild + tmz flashbacks. so good!

last night i had the INCREDIBLE fortune to be in attendance at the bling ring's new york premiere at the paris theatre. my university's program board secured a limited amount of passes for seat fillers and a friend and i were lucky enough to jump on them fast enough. i got to the area where the theatre is located way early, so i sort of just roamed around (with an injured foot, wearing loafers as part of the semi-formal dress code, no less) to kill time. a lot of premieres apparently take place at the paris, but i thought it was especially fitting that the bling ring was about to premiere there bc it's across from the plaza hotel and just round the corner from bergdorf goodman, chanel, etc. ( :judgingu2: )

finally at around 5 pm i got in line and i was glad i did because suddenly tons of other students/people who attained seat filling passes elsewhere showed up. my friend met me and we waited until about quarter to 7 before they let us in! unfortunately we didn't see any red carpet action outside, and bc the la premiere had just happened days ago we kind of figured at the most maybe sofia would show up but we didn't hold our breath for emma et al. 

inside the theatre they played the soundtrack (which i think was perfect onscreen tbh) in its entirety. i was getting so excited and anxious, the film was supposed to begin at 7:30 but it wasn't until closer to 8 that a man walked up to the front of the theater, feet away from my right, to speak. IT WAS THEN THAT HE WELCOMED AND ASKED THE AUDIENCE TO JOIN HIM IN CONGRATULATING WRITER/DIRECTOR OF THE BLING RING SOFIA COPPOLA!!!  :oprah: everyone went crazy but turning around i couldn't see her. suddenly she shouted "i'm trying to make my way!" or something bc people were standing in the aisle lol. she walked down looking beautiful and at first it didn't register but i soon realized that filing behind her were the leads of the film! claire, katie, emma, taissa, and israel all stood beside her as she briefly introduced the film. i think at this point i momentarily died.

they then filed back (i'm not sure if they stayed or not tbh) and the film began. i don't want to give anything away, though seeing as it is based on true events i guess spoilers aren't as big a concern, but i WILL say that i thought sofia and everyone involved in this film did a fantastic job. i think it will definitely stand as sofia's most accessible work (though personally i feel if given the chance her work isn't at malick levels of ~*~challenging~*~) but i was still very aware i was watching a sofia coppola joint in all the best ways possible. there are nuances and subtle moments in this film that i think really drive the ideas sofia wanted to put in the audience's mind home. the cinematography was beautiful, the acting was on point (emma slays in this, and for those doubting her accent in the trailer she successfully made me forget she's a british actress) and ugh... i just loved it. i can't wait to see it again when it's released.

on a final note, bc i think not knowing what elements of pretty wild were going to be used outside of the stuff seen in clips/trailers added to the joy of the experience, i will say this: fans of the show will NOT be disappointed.  :clapback:

i apologize if this sounds unprofessional/rambly but tbh i don't have the focus rn to do a proper review (i'm extremely sick and the fact that i was able to attend last night is nothing short of a miracle) and i'm still reeling from the experience, but wanted to share it with my fellow film enthusiasts ^_^ can't wait till y'all see it and we can discuss it together!

tumblr_mg9v6lYlwT1qhhn3go1_500.png

wow @@SunsetTwist , so happy for you! sounds like an amazing experience & i'm really happy you enjoyed the film, i'm beyond pumped for it to come out! 

on a final note, bc i think not knowing what elements of pretty wild were going to be used outside of the stuff seen in clips/trailers added to the joy of the experience, i will say this: fans of the show will NOT be disappointed.  :clapback:

just made me 10x more excited tbh 

and here's the first official teaser trailer for "diana" - starring naomi watts

I went to see "The Purge" today. It's a thriller than a horror...but it looks like a horror. Personally before I went to see this I didn't like the masks, they scared me. I thought it was a horror and I was too scared to see it but I made a decision and went for it. I went to see it. The film was amazing and a must see to every horror movie fan, thriller fan...even if you're not fans of horror or thrillers it's really good and doesn't have many horror or thriller moments. it's a great storyline, does have a few predictable parts but still is a good film. I personally would see it. If you're thinking about going to see it, go for it. I'm even seeing it a second time on Sunday. :)

tumblr_nv3ubpr8ay1u9vsflo1_540.gif

Meryl is my lifeee :legend: what are your favorite movies of her? (I know, this question is torture lol)

Her speechs count as well? Love when she wins because that means a funny and on point speech is in the way. I have seen most (maybe all) her movies. I adore her as an actress and I also would love to have tea with her. What a great women and an amazing career. So much respect for her.

1) Kramer vs Kramer (one of my favs movies of all times)

2) Sofia's Choice

3) Death Becomes Her

4) The House of Spirits

5) The Devil wears Prada ( I can watch this movie 1000 times)

6) Lions for Lambs

7) Doubt

8) The Iron Lady

9) Marvin's Room

10) Rendition

11) Dark Matter

12) Evening

13) The Manchurian Candidate

glgcDdT.gif

Some of my favorites

Good Bye Lenin! (full movie link with english subtitles in case anyone wants to check it out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC8HTpEWrm0

The Edukators

The Dreamers

The last movie I saw on theaters was Gatsby. I really enjoy it. Has the best quote I saw in movies in ages" Anyhow, he gives large parties...and I like large parties. They are so intimate. At small parties there;s never any privacy" . I am really looking for to see the Bling Ring now.

glgcDdT.gif

some news, anyone going to check out "the bling ring" in theaters - the trailer for "the spectacular now" is attached, according to people on twitter! a24 rocking it 

also, "the canyons" was accepted into venice film festival! can't wait for the response

also, relating to zoe's post - anyone else here see "the purge"? - I want to hear some more thoughts on the film!

i am so excited for the canyons, idec. also for the spectacular now, thanks for that info matt - another reason to go see the bling ring again!

is anybody else really looking forward to seeing IRL? it's a short directed by grant singer, who recently has directed all of sky's videos for her ghost ep with the exception of red lips and starring sky ferreira among others. it premiered in la last week after screening @ cannes and i'm desperately waiting for info on when i can see it in new york!

An alienated girl struggles to piece together the events of the previous night over 24 incandescent hours in New York City, only to be reminded that nothing is ever as it seems in a city where everyone is a self-made avatar, and violence looms like a halo.

so first I need to talk about how Daniel Day Lewis is an amazing actor. I always heard about "There Will Be Blood" and I remember when he won the oscar for it. I never gave it a chance until last year when I saw it. Tbh Daniel Day Lewis made that movie. He was amazing and played a character that was a bastard but was also a genius. This is one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9k6Mf-FfXQ

then there's this movie which has nothing to do with the one above. But I really want to see it and Paul Bettany is also one of my fav actors. I just love the way he portrays his characters and the emotions/emotionless look on his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=i5rq97CioZI&NR=1

god knows I tried

@@lauradelxx since you like there will be blood check out the movie "boogie nights" - same director, it's great. 

@@SunsetTwist that IRL trailer was really interesting, i kept seeing tweets about it but had no idea what grant singer was talking about lmao (too lazy to google!!). love sky, so i'm definitely watching it. 

sigh, trying so hard to make this thread live <3

also,

thoughts?

^looks good, i think i'm definitely going to watch it. leo has become quite the pro at raising his glass

enhanced-buzz-26767-1371497741-13.jpg

enhanced-buzz-21350-1371497496-20.jpg

enhanced-buzz-12805-1371497497-4.jpg

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

very excited for the wolf of wall street. the trailer is fantastic and i will continue to be flabbergasted by those who dismiss leo as one of the greatest talents of his generation. i've rewatched it several times in the past hour tbh.

tumblr_moiyl2olb01rwpn15o3_r2_500.gif

very excited for the wolf of wall street. the trailer is fantastic and i will continue to be flabbergasted by those who dismiss leo as one of the greatest talents of his generation. i've rewatched it several times in the past hour tbh.

tumblr_moiyl2olb01rwpn15o3_r2_500.gif

G-d Margot is so hot~~ she's like a pretty and talented Blake Lively. crying 4ever about Pan Am's cancellation but I'm ready 4 her 2 blow up. This looks so good, ready 4 fun Leo

I'm excited for the Salinger doc, he's one of my favorites and I think it will be interesting. And my baby Ed Norton has commentary in it so <3 <3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596753/?ref_=sr_1

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I really want to see the Wolf of Wall Street. Good for Matthew Maconaughey however the hell you spell his name, I always wanted him to go back to good acting movies like A Time to Kill. 

leo's trying hard to get it this year. 

god knows I tried

also, this month lifetime is really on top with 2 TV movies:

their retelling of the story of an american icon, anna nicole smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfK-FYtr5Ac

and their look into the doomed relationship of jodi arias and travis alexander:

the anna nicole movie premieres on lifetime on saturday, june 29th, and the jodi arias story premieres on june 22nd - this saturday.

discuss what you guys think, i'm very excited for both (tbh i will watch any lifetime movie. still remember that amanda knox one with hayden panettiere lol)