Matt

Movie Discussion Thread

Does anyone here ever saw Cinema Paradiso? Is one of the most beautiful movies I ever saw. Is like a declaration of love to movies. Is old but I really love it.

I just finished watching The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Lol, that was crap.

"We accept the love we think we deserve." I love this line from the movie.

glgcDdT.gif

I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises last night, I know I'm late as hell but whatever. It was a really good movie! The only thing that kind of annoyed me was Anne Hathaway playing Catwoman. I don't know if it was just me but sometimes it felt like her acting was too forced which is surprising to me because I actually really love Anne Hathaway as an actress so yeah. Other than that, the movie was really good.

I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises last night, I know I'm late as hell but whatever. It was a really good movie! The only thing that kind of annoyed me was Anne Hathaway playing Catwoman. I don't know if it was just me but sometimes it felt like her acting was too forced which is surprising to me because I actually really love Anne Hathaway as an actress so yeah. Other than that, the movie was really good.

oh god that movie was really bad

last.fm  

Does anyone here ever watched Cinema Paradiso? Is one of the most beautiful movies I ever saw. Is like a declaration of love to movies. Is old but I really love it.

"We accept the love we think we deserve." I love this line from the movie.

i've seen it! it's a really beautiful film!

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

Sparkle-movie-poster-2.png

Hello, this is my review of the film featuring Whitney Houston and Jordin Sparks - "SPARKLE" aka my favorite movie of 2012. I love it, in fact, it's in my top 10 favorite movies list, it was great. Here. And in advance, yes, this is quite long and detailed as you can see, so that shows you how much passion I have when it comes to films that I enjoy and love. So enjoy!

I loved 'Sparkle'. I saw it yesterday and it blew me away completely, one of my family members would come in the room alot and would literally talk to themselves worrying if I died or was having a heart attack or something, I was literally frozen during the whole film, I was so focused into it and was so into it. But anyway, It was an absolutely great movie. Especially because I'm into most of the genres they did in the movie. It's somewhat of ashame that the critics enjoyed Whitney's acting more than anyone/anything else in the movie, because yes Whitney was awesome in the movie, especially in her singing part, but I also loved Jordin & Carmen's acting as well. They were superb. I loved this movie so much, and I had a meltdown moment when 'Celebrate' came on during the ending credits, because it's one of my favorite songs from 2012. It's such a good song, and I'm not usually into happy songs. So this movie was definitely my favorite film of 2012.

I also didn't expect Whitney to be so damn good, either. I know she had a background in movies (couldn't be arsed to check out any of her old movies prior to seeing this, though) but I didn't know she was that good. There was a scene where she was yelling at Jordin Sparks aka Sparkle and it was so intense. I also love how the last memory of Whitney in this movie is when she helped Jordin get her red dress on and tell her she loved her and to do a great show, and also how she was in the audience during her performance yelling from the audience "SHINE, BABY, SHINE!" that mean't so much to me, none of you have any idea how much I loved that. And the fact that Whitney could've went back home instead of being in this scene cheering Jordinon was also showing how sweet she was to Jordin and how mothering she was to everyone there. It really is true, she was such a mother to those three girls like she was in the movie. It was wonderful.

And there were some scenes in the movie that made me go "Oh.. wow.. didn't expect that", not to spoil anything, but there was some domestic violence scenes in the film and that made me kinda've uncomfortable because I dealt with enough of that stuff in the 'For Colored Girls' movie. & Shockingly enough, I did tear up a bit during Whitney's singing scene, I couldn't help it because I loved the song she sang, I always loved 'His Eye is on the Sparrow' for most of my life, it's one of my favorite songs of all time, so hearing and seeing her sing that was an awesome moment for me.
--
So there you have it. I rate the movie a 8 out of 10 with 4.3 stars. I loved it, I loved it, I absolutely loved it, I can't express that enough.

And as for the special features on the film, it somewhat lacked of the typical stuff that you would expect from most movies such as behind the scene footage/on-set footage, cast commentary (I prefer that instead of directors commentary, to be honest), and all that jazz. But regardless, I enjoyed what they had in the Special Features part of the DVD, especially the 'Tribute to Whitney Houston' video they had in there, especially because I am a HUGE HUGE fan of Whitney, I listen to her alot & I'm very happy that the video wasn't full of "We lost an amazing artist, she was so amazing *crying everywhere*" they were mostly discussing her role as the executive producer, her role as the mother, and how motherly she was to Jordin, Carmen, and the rest of the cast. She would constantly give them "mommy hugs" and tell them she loved them and asked how they were doing and just making them feel at home, and just being very sweet, very kind and caring to everyone on set. And I just loved that. And one thing that caught my attention the most in the video, one thing that made me smile was that they said Whitney saw herself in Jordin Sparks, which I thought was a huge amazing compliment to her + I am a fan of Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston so that is definitely a highlight moment for me. But yeah, to sum it up, I'm glad they didn't make it too depressing and sad.

So yeah, for those of you who have seen it, I apologize for not discussing every single scene and part of the movie, but I didn't have enough time to do that and it would just fill up this whole page. Thank you! God bless.

Today I got round to watching Noce Blanche (1989) because the full thing's on youtube and I had nothing better to do.

This film's kind of unrealistic that a 17 year old would be madly in love with a 50-whatever year old teacher (and kind of gross too but Lana's gots a taste for men who're older so I guess I'm used to it) but there's something about this film that I really like. I like the fact there's no peak to the film, it just flows so it's easy to follow even when i'm reading subs. And of course Vanessa Paradis' the main character so that pretty much makes any film great.

I did have to read the subtitles though, French is supposed to be my second language but i'm nowhere near to being fluent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wgrnpq7g4U

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

My thoughts, a month later. :defeated:

It felt like they shot the movie out of continuity (which is normal, of course) and it took her a while to get into the character and it was all over the place. I don't know. Does that make sense?

Love Anne though.  :lilithmon: She was a flawless Fantine. 

I also hated that she killed Bane because...what was the point? And his voice was terrible. And Talia was pointless. As a Batman STAN, I was disappointed, but alas. 

Uhm... I finally saw The Help recently. Enjoyed it.

Nice to see Emma tackle something more than a sardonic high school-er... kind of. 

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

i went to watch lincoln and django about two weeks ago. lincoln was pretty boring, daniel day-lewis' acting was really good but the movie was just boring as hell. django was kick-ass though, i <3 christoph waltz and quentin. kerry washington wasn't that great though imo. i gave lincoln 2.5/5 (for the acting) and django 4.6/5.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.