Escapism

What would you change about Lana's albums/eras?

BTD- nothing. it's not my fave era but i literally would change nothing

Paradise - maybe less photoshop on the cover art and it would then be my fave cover art

UV- it would have been cool to hear it if she wasn't 'forced' to change it. (we dont really know the full story yet) i would love to hear the version she would have been happy with

HM- a little more production on Swan Song and Religion maybe. And I wish the Urban Outfitters cover was the real HM cover. I would have liked more videos for it too, like a short film, or just more happening in the Freak video.

LFL- a little more info by now, but it should all be worth it soon :)

I never understood the whole UV story. I'm sure it'd just sound more pop instead of rock.

Instead of just Love make every video take place in space 

JFK... in space. 

Born to Die... in space (the soundtrack to interstellar)

every single homemade macbook video but she's filming them from mars

sucking on daddy's fingers... in space

lana-del-rey-west-coast-mister-scandal1.

ouchie the sun is HOT 

I think the productions what she wanted, interscope just didnt like her uv video

I think she was held back with a lot more material, like Your Girl for instance. Fine china, yes to heaven... Apparently it all changed once Dan got heavily involved. He added guitars and drums, being from a rock background.

Though I love the UV we got, it obviously wasn't exactly what Lana had planned to begin with

And she wasn't allowed to glorify drugs as much, like with the original album cover

And the original UV video yeh

I think she was held back with a lot more material, like ACCORDING TO ALL KNOWN LAWS OF AVIATION THERE IS NO WAY A BEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLY for instance. Fine china, yes to heaven... Apparently it all changed once Dan got heavily involved. He added guitars and drums, being from a rock background.

Though I love the UV we got, it obviously wasn't exactly what Lana had planned to begin with

And she wasn't allowed to glorify drugs as much, like with the original album cover

And the original UV video yeh

True. But it seems like every album there's always something that ends up in the album being different than it's initial nature, but I trust that Lana would only put out music she loves

This era I would have stuck with the witchy theme. The aesthetics this era have been messy af and the trailer seems so out of place now.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Honeymoon- No bangs  :hooker:  better photoshoots (aka less Chuck photography), delete the ugly HM video, I think some of the songs could have afforded to be reworked a bit lyrics and production-wise, a tour

LFL- Lana seeming like she's actually excited for her album to come out, sticking to the theme of the album trailer, no Summer Bummer, a stronger title track with no Crack King feature

I think the past two eras have been missing some of the Lana magic that kept me so engrossed during BTD and UV. The elements of storytelling that were present then seem missing now and the result is a messier vision and music that seems less and less inspired

Remake ALL of the HM videos except MTWBT. Freak was a terribly boring music video, HBTB was cool but. The only great thing about the visuals of HM era was the long lost Honeymoon video

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

LFL:

- An actual album shoot (not just bts of the Love video).

- Make this era have more specific imagery as it's a bit all over the place.

- Have coachella be more acoustic

- Release Yosemite, RBFY, BAR, etc. as an EP similar to what she did with Paradise.

- Have there be a vinyl boxset similar to UV's

- Make the LFL video...better??? It's really lacking

- Change Love's production

Honeymoon:

- Video for Art Deco or Salvatore

- Release the Honeymoon video instead of just having the lyric sheet

- Make an actual video for Freak instead of just reusing old UV footage. Perhaps a double feature with Art Deco

- Make the color scheme of the era more pink, lilac, and blue (these colors just remind me of the album lol).

- Similar boxset to UV's again

- I'm indifferent on the cover art, tbh. I think she should have just kept the one Chuck did for the billboard and have a different one. I still think the OU version her hand looks a bit weird so maybe a different angle or something.

In terms of music for both of them, I really wouldn't change much. They're both amazing.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

More dedication to creating visual themes for each album. BTD set the bar high, and then it got worse with each album. None of her videos since BTD compare to them, and the way her videos, photography, music style, and style in person came altogether was amazing. I miss the visionary (literally, visuals) she used to be. UV definitely had a visual theme that fit the music style (the photography and her style changed), but the videos weren't that great imo. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I'm still waiting for that Dark Paradise Music Video also that unreleased original Ultraviolence music video and lets not forget Pretty When you Cry homemade music video! If she would have had released the original Ultraviolence music video then we would of had new music video material for the Honeymoon era like a different video for MTWTBT and Freak so that would mean better promo for that Era.

Music Video = New Photoshoot which also means different Album Cover.

BTD - I wouldve had her not sell LiB to lionsgate so it could be on paradise or a future album  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

PD - I wouldve had her make a video for American

UV - I would've had her include I Talk To Jesus and Yes To Heaven and Fine China instead of Florida Kilos, Guns n Roses, and Black Beauty tbh. I would've prevented Lou Reed from having a heart attack  :crossed:  and then I would've made her give us the BB, PWYC, and WC videos.

HM - MORE VIDEOS!!! THE SHORT FILM WE DIDN'T GET OF HER ON A TOUR BUS. I also would've had her upload the HM vid to her official channel and I would've had her put a deluxe out with Wild One, Life Is Beautiful and some other song

LFL - I would've made her keep the original theme and prevented anything from it from leaking  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:  so that BAR, Yosemite and others could all be on the record and we wouldn't be stuck with tracks like Coachella and IMF and Summer Bummer etc.  :creep:

LDR6 - I don't want her to take another break, especially if she's only gonna be touring on festivals and not an official tour  :crossed:  :crossed:  I want an album in 2018-19

For LFL, I wouldve just wanted a more concrete and less flexible concept and visual, it clearly changed a few times, which is why - as decently cohesive as the album is sonically, the first half seems much less important to me compared to what she said in interviews back in February to like May about the theme of the record. I would've had 3 more acoustic songs rather than Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, and In My Feelings. I think Cherry, WM, and 13 Beaches fit quite nicely on the record even if I'm not a huge fan of White Mustang. 

I don't have a problem with a flexible concept in general, but I feel like what was originally talked around or alluded to seemed just a bit more interesting than what we got. And I could be totally wrong, some of this is just conjecture, but I def. think a more folksy-acoustic, 60s Shangri-Las, Joan Baez inspired record would've been more cohesive then some summery bops and then the remnants of that idea. I think Coachella's creation however was bound to happen, regardless of the leaks and push up of Love because she was inspired by an event she was certainly going to go to either way. If anything, maybe the production would've been different though. In the tracklisting, it fits very well where it does sonically, even though to me It just feels weird as a light-trap inspired groove instead of an acoustic/folky mid tempo.. Maybe the production was what would make the most sense on the record at that point? Again, total conjecture here. I don't mind if I'm wrong.