latothemoon

Lana's best lead single (poll)

Lana's best lead single  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best lead single released by Lana Del Rey?

• Video Games
    • Ride
    • West Coast
    • High By the Beach
    • Love

So hard to pick only one, but I had to go with West Coast. That song will always have a special place in my heart, along with all of Ultraviolence. It helped me knowing that someone who I loved and looked up to's life could be as tragically beautiful as mine. It made me feel less alone. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

This is extremely hard to answer ...

Video Games was the song that caught my attention, make Lona look up on the internet (and discover stuff like multiple unreleased tracks, demos and AKA, which were all already aviable by then) and become a fan. However, the track that actually made me excited for Born To Die was the release of the title track.

High By The Beach was a fresh, cool single, one of the best tracks on HM and I was always extremely happy when i heard it on the radio.

However, my favourite one is definitly West Coast. It took a short while to grow on me, but then it git my hypnotized and I would still consider it my favourite Lana track.

Love belongs to her weaker tracks IMO and it didn't really got me excited (rightfully so, judging by the generic bore that is Lust For Life), so it's a shame they did not at least use the radio-potential it had. I needed a LOOOONG time to get into Ride, and yet even now I still don't really love the track.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

West Coast>Video Games>Ride>Love>HBTB

West coast is definitely the best because nothing beats that transition from the verse to the chorus, it's so amazing. And imo most songs on Honeymoon are better than HBTB

i had to

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Ride > Video Games > West Coast > Love > High By The Beach

I love Ride, Video Games, and West Coast a lot so it was hard, but Ride is really inspirational and poetic to me so I went with that

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

tbh video games will always be number 1 for me - its the song that made me stan Lana and since I have still never heard a song that makes me feel like I do when I listen to VG

I actually love all of the lead singles, but its gonna take something extra special to beat Video Games

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I love all of them so much, I have trouble putting one last, but I chose WC because it was the PERFECT introduction to Ultraviolence and is still one of my favourite songs.

Ride was much the same, but it didn't quite capture all the sides of Paradise, even though it's still a perfect fricken song in every way. 

HBTB was amazing and especially because i listened to it on acid the first time i heard it. it was the perfect experience for hearing a lead single and will always have a top place in my heart bc of that, even tho it was nothing like the other Honeymoon songs/themes. 

Video Games was beautiful and iconic but like Lana didnt even mean for it to be a lead single, and I can definitely see why. 

And I can't say much about Love yet, but atm its greater than VG, but less than Ride, HBTB and WC for me. I can't really make up my mind until I can hear it with the rest of Lust for Life

West Coast  :sluttybunny:  Ultraviolence has the best era so far IMO and I associate the song with those great memories and the '14 summer. Nothing better than a warm sunset and hanging on the beach with WC playing on. It's my ultimate Lana jam haha so yeah I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if she's not going to do it this summer when I'm going to see her at Flow Festival. I doubt she'll do it but still.

Back in 2013 I used to adore Ride but now I've just sort of forgotten about it, which is a shame because it really is a beautiful song. High by the Beach is one of my jams along West Coast so I'd give it the 2nd place and leave Ride and Video Games fighting for the 3rd lol.

Ride was pretty much the full package for a lead song. I always saw it as a huge step up from what was released for Born to Die, has that epic Americana feel, and well...the music video has always been my favourite. 

Love is a setting sun // Is a smoking gun // Is a four letter word // I hope it hurts