Sign in to follow this  
urbannoize

The best Lana Del Rey listening experiences happen...

My previous hometown (from where I moved in December and where my whole family lives) has the biggest and well-known beach in my country. Once in the summer 2014 when Ultraviolence had just come out, I went there with my sis and our mutual friend and I started listening to some of my favorite UV tracks like West Coast and PWYC while sitting in the sand with my feet in the ocean and watching the beautiful cloudy sunset  :flutter: West Coast obviously being the perfect song because of the summer beach vibes, the video and the fact that I lived and the beach mentioned is on the west coast of Finland. I even took some video with WC playing in the back because it was just so beautiful but I have no idea if I still got it somewhere on a hard drive at my folks. It was a special moment for sure

I love to listen to Ultraviolence as I roam my neighborhood in the Bronx. I live in a small area right on the water, the best time to listen to UV is when it's hot, anytime of day, with the humidity and heat getting stuck to my skin, hearing a few birds singing as I change songs. Somewhere between Cruel World and Shades of Cool I'll light a cigarette, and most likely another one after. I know Ultraviolence is a "California album" but there's just something about listening to it in the city that brings it new meaning to me. When I get to a backroad and I'm alone I'll light up a joint, most likely when Brooklyn Baby begins, and I'll be drifted away. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

I'm currently sitting at the botanical garden with palm trees, citrus trees, agave and other tropical plants around me and I'm listening to Ultraviolence while drawing. It started to get windy and I felt raindrops falling down, so I took cover under a roof.

But this place is one of my favorite places in my university town and Lana makes everything even more magical. ❤️ Plus, a couple just had their wedding ceremony here.

I wish I could show you a picture but my phone won't let me.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Not the best place, but mom and I just stepped into a H&M store and it only took a few seconds before I stopped right in front of her, bumped into her and said "MOM THEY'RE PLAYING LANA DEL REY!!!". xD It was Lust For Life and it made me so happy because I didn't think anyone wanted to play her songs except for the SS and Young & Beautiful remixes. :'3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

listening to UV on the car ride home from the airport at 3 am where are all you can see is the white stripes on the road and trees

i also listen to God Knows I Tried every time i leave class because college is killing and god knows I'm doing my best

Have y'all tried listening Sirens in the middle of the rain? Alone, and just the smell of rain and its sound.

Better than LSD and other drugs honestly.

???, ?????????

i love to read all your storys.

one of the key moments i had. was last year. summer.

i met this guy from austria (i am living in germany) he was working for that day in my town. we had a date. i knew from the momemt i looked into his eyes that he will be dangerous for me.

we spend the evening together on a playground talking and feeling some kind of fire....

and later on we went to a hotel (since i was still living in my parents house back then)

we were eating snacks and drank some wine, we baught erlier.

god he was so atractive. i had my little music box with me and i plugged in my phone. i didnt have a playlist at that moment so i just put on lana with everything i had of her.

we were talking... then at some point we started kissing... and later on we went even further. i never felt anything like that. and i never went that far with someone i just met.... it was magical to me! i believe i fell in love with him that night.... and i still remember lanas voice in back putting on that atmosphere i never felt like that.

we were together for almost a year. i spend so many nights listening to lana waiting for him. since he lived far away...

this year in may we broke up... he told me that he never loved me. that he never loved anybody. that he is not able to love anybody... like i loved him. BUT i ''was the hottest guy he ever had in bed''... that killed me...

it broke my heart.... and still breaks... i love him. i wonder how long i will love him.

so the past year lana was with me and was a canvas for my emotions, happyness, sorrows and fears.

there are so many moments i listen to her....

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

I really loved listening to Honeymoon (the whole album) when I lived in England for half a year. Every morning when I took the bus to my internship I'd go sit in the back and stare out of the window and let the music calmly wake me (I'm not a morning person at all).

When driving down a beautiful road, specifically one overlooking water or a beautiful scenic. I also love listening to Lana when walking slowly around the woods, all by myself. Lana's music commands omnipresence and it demands to be listened to intently and thoroughly. It takes a smart mind and a creative heart to appreciate her music fully. Just the fact that we can have in-depth conversations about the best environment to listen to Lana's music proves how atmospheric and elegant it is. It's not just music, it's a feeling and a mindset.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

when you drank half a bottle of wine even tho you said you'd only have a glass, with the window open and the wind gently blowing around your face while you light up a cigarette

I like sitting at my bedroom window looking out at the view and playing some of Lana's folk music. It's a very calm and spiritual experience. It's great especially when i'm stressed out and need to take my mind to new places

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm glad I can appreciate Lana's music in all it's trippiness and intelligence without some skull-numbing drug. Hugs not drugs. No shade. :w8ing:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Sometimes when I'm sitting in my mansion in the center of the moon, sipping pink champagne and watching the sky blow up with life as stars die all around me, my disco ball mind is filled with sweet serenity from Lana's greatest song, Betty Boop Boop

spill!

well i was doing yoga in his lounge room and had my music playing, and when he came into the room he just watched for a bit but sure enough we ended up having sex. I was worried that when the song changed it would be something embarrasing and weird but it was West Coast, the BEST song that could have come on. And afterwards he told me that i got really tight when West Coast came on and "it was so hot, you totally have a crush on Lana" and I was like "yeaaahhhh ngl".

Sometimes when I'm sitting in my mansion in the center of the moon, sipping pink champagne and watching the sky blow up with life as stars die all around me, my disco ball mind is filled with sweet serenity from Lana's greatest song, Betty Boop Boop

This is the real dream we all have