Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful Loser

Connection between LFL trailer and the album songs?

When I first saw the black and white trailer for Lust For Life, I wondered what all those mysterious symbols meant and thought they must have some kind of connection with the songs the album will contain. With the songs we know is going to be in the album, and with the snippets Lana has shared with us, what are your thoughts?

The shown symbols were:

• A red strawberry (at 0:17)
  • An hourglass
  • An antique wine glass
  • Planet Earth
  • (Hearts from Lanas eyes as she gazes the Earth)
  • A telephone
  • A cooking pot/pan
  • A galaxy
  • X♥O
  • A griffin (?)
  • A moon Planet Mercury
  • A balloon whisk
  • The planets of the Milky Way
  • American symbols (Mount Rushmore, Statue of Liberty)
  • Edit: a ladder
To be honest, I'm not sure if there really is a connection between the symbols and the songs anymore. I mean... a whisk? That was probably for the "What shall I cook up for the kids today?" part of the monologue. But on the other hand "XO" could've been a symbol for "Love" and the wine glass might have been for "Cherry". I also think the American symbols might be for "God Bless America".

Maybe this is her way of telling us the tracklist? Will the album end with GBA?

Also, do you think we'll see more of the space theme? I loved it. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

When I first saw the black and white trailer for Lust For Life, I wondered what all those mysterious symbols meant and thought they must have some kind of connection with the songs the album will contain. With the songs we know is going to be in the album, and with the snippets Lana has shared with us, what are your thoughts?

The shown symbols were:

• A red strawberry (at 0:17)
  • An hourglass
  • An antique wine glass
  • Planet Earth
  • (Hearts from Lanas eyes as we gazes the Earth)
  • A telephone
  • A cooking pot/pan
  • A galaxy
  • X♥O
  • A griffin (?)
  • A moon
  • A balloon whisk
  • The planets of the Milky Way
  • American symbols (Mount Rushmore, Statue of Liberty)
To be honest, I'm not sure if there really is a connection between the symbols and the songs anymore. I mean... a whisk? That was probably for the "What shall I cook up for the kids today?" part of the monologue. But on the other hand "XO" could've been a symbol for "Love" and the wine glass might have been for "Cherry". I also think the American symbols might be for "God Bless America".

Maybe this is her way of telling us the tracklist? Will the album end with GBA?

Also, do you think we'll see more of the space theme? I loved it.  :flutter:

Someone pointed out on here that the planet we saw was actually Mercury and not the moon (and therefore, a planet. Haha) !

Someone pointed out on here that the planet we saw was actually Mercury and not the moon (and therefore, a planet. Haha) !

I'll edit it, thanks! I actually thought it was the moon, hehe.  :P

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I'm still hoping that the strawberry symbolizes Strawberry Fields Forever, but it seems like wishful thinking. The American symbols are there because of the political themes that will be in the album (God Bless America ect). The rest, other than what has already been said, is hard to say.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I was so sure that her monologue contained some song names but so far this is seemingly not correct. Apart from the XO for LFL and the chimera for Sean Lennon, I doubt anything else is connected to the album at all. Just some usual ameticana-references plus some to magic/tarot

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Maybe the Statue Of Liberty represents BTD bc when it showed she was talking about transitioning from era to another era. 

idk i just put here my two cents

???, ?????????

The "antique wine glass" and the hourglass allude to the tarot card of the magician.

The planets allude to the Love music video.

AND THE COOKING STUFF IS BECAUSE SHE TALKS ABOUT COOKING UP STUFF FOR "THE KIDS" USING THE INGREDIENTS!! I can't believe people on here did never get that

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

All the American Symbols are for God Bless America, i think

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

The "antique wine glass" and the hourglass allude to the tarot card of the magician.

Oh, I'm not familiar with tarot cards, I didn't know that. Now I need to check what the Magician stands for.  :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Oh, I'm not familiar with tarot cards, I didn't know that. Now I need to check what the Magician stands for.  :creep:

its funny because i was wondering about this today too and i posted about the magician card in the LFL thread

Capture.png

The Magician is associated with the planet, Mercury and carries with it skill, logic, and intellect. The number of the Magician is one, the number of beginnings. The Magician is the bridge between the world of the spirit and the world of humanity. His right hand holds a staff raised toward the sky and his left hand points to the earth. He takes the power of the Universe and channels it through his own body and directs it to the physical plane.

she says in the trailer:  So each morning, I have the luxury of asking myself, 'What shall I cook up for the kids today? Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet? Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?' 

Lana is also a Gemini. planet Mercury rules over Gemini in astrology, too.

Maybe its just her true manifestation now, through this symbol.

The video director named the ladder in the background was also a symbol, I just realised a few days ago that it was connected to the Lust For Life music video. The hearts may be connected to the first single 'Love'.

The telephone is for her collab with Gaga. Telephone part 2 confirmed!!!!

The telephone is for her collab with Gaga. Telephone part 2 confirmed!!!!

13 Beaches is the second part of Paparazzi.  :flutter: