Sign in to follow this  
expandableclitoris

Which version of Summer Bummer is the best one?

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Summer Bummer is the best one?

• Summer Bummer (Album Mix) [4:21]
    • Summer Bummer (Alternative Mix) [4:14]

Definitely the album version. The alternative mix feels a bit jumbled at times (the layering of Lana and ASAP's verses is really poorly done), and the key change is much more effective in the album version because of the song's build to the Lana rap. 

the album version is growing on me. it sounded like such a mess at first but now i'm getting used to it. i am definitely agreeing now that white lines and black beaches sounds better at the end of the song. i'll just have to take the album version for what it is anyway, since that's the one i'll have on my phone.

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

The album version is better IMO, I really like the opening verse ('It's never too late to be who you wanna be' just hits me), and I think the white lines and black beaches section works much better as a bridge than as a first verse. But I do love the humming intro on the other version

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

I like that in the album version the "white lines and black beaches" part is the bridge. It's more exciting. However, the little "ahs" in the intro of the alternative version are super sexy and exciting. I wish they'd just combine that intro to the album version.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

(the layering of Lana and ASAP's verses is really poorly done)

majorly disagree. the main reason i prefer the alt version is for that part and it makes me feel like something is missing when it doesn't happen in the album version :( 

also, the part around 2:56 leading into lana singing the chorus in a higher octave feels more climatic than in the album version. i'm so glad they accidentally leaked the older version!

let me be who i'm meant to be