Sign in to follow this  
expandableclitoris

Which version of Summer Bummer is the best one?

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Summer Bummer is the best one?

• Summer Bummer (Album Mix) [4:21]
    • Summer Bummer (Alternative Mix) [4:14]

OH MY GOD!!! How did I even not realized there was two versions :defeated: The album versions is better solely based on the fact that she says wrap you up in my daisy chains twice but both versions have their qualities and I wouldn't listen to them for the same reasons if you know what I mean

ZKcaooE.png

Both are great but the alternative mix is my favourite. I love the (I want to say extended?) intro  :)

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

The alternative mix flows better. The "White lines and black beaches" part sounds better at the beginning of the track. I also really like the backing vox she does during A$AP Rockys part and the humming in the beginning. And I also LOVE the daisy chains lne, which is sung more often in this version. The only thing that sounds off is the beginning. Should have just been piano and her humming before the verse kicks in.

However, I did not listen to it too much because that just makes me sad that it won't be on the final version of the album. The album mix is nice aswell

OH MY GOD!!! How did I even not realized there was two versions :defeated: The album versions is better solely based on the fact that she says wrap you up in my daisy chains twice but both versions have their qualities and I wouldn't listen to them for the same reasons if you know what I mean

She says it only once in the album version. The YT version (the one you get as a ownload if you order the CD on her site) is the alternative one.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This shit still confuses me lol. Okay so we have listed the album version as the extended 4:20 and then the alternative mix as the shorter 4:14 one. I voted for the longer extended version that is present on both iTunes/Spotify. Is that the one that's going to be on the physical copy of the album? B/c the digital download of the album is the shorter alternative 4:14 mix. Did the person who set up the digital downloads for Lana's store just f' up? Either way the longer one with the intro at the beginning obviously is the better one! For me at least. :creep: I love the construction of it. Overall to me it just sounds better too. Idk like with her at both the beginning and end it is like full circle. I also happen to like the two rap verses back to back, they flow so much better.

I like the album version better I think because it builds up better to the "white lines and black beaches" verse

But I really like her little singing at the beginning of the alternate version

tumblr_nvnya6aodO1qhacioo1_500.gif

I'm so confused I don't even know which one I voted for lol

I like the one uploaded on Youtube at first

I'm confused too lol.  But from what I've gathered the one uploaded to Youtube at first is the same one that was released with the albums digital download at preorder. That one is the 4:14 one which is listed as the Alternative Mix here. It doesn't have the intro at the beginning. The actual song itself as released on iTunes and Spotify is the physical album version which times at 4:21 with Lana opening the intro. For some reason they uploaded the wrong one when they first put it on Youtube, same thing with the digital download for the preorder. You should have voted for the Alternate Mix if you liked the one first loaded to Youtube.

I'm confused too lol.  But from what I've gathered the one uploaded to Youtube at first is the same one that was released with the albums digital download at preorder. That one is the 4:14 one which is listed as the Alternative Mix here. It doesn't have the intro at the beginning. The actual song itself as released on iTunes and Spotify is the physical album version which times at 4:21 with Lana opening the intro. For some reason they uploaded the wrong one when they first put it on Youtube, same thing with the digital download for the preorder. You should have voted for the Alternate Mix if you liked the one first loaded to Youtube.

Haha thanks boo for explaining!

I voted for alternate mix, so yay! haha

nF70D0F.png