Sign in to follow this  
NamiraWilhelm

O2 ACADEMY BRIXTON MONDAY JULY 24TH

i think it's about 5000 capacity

Yeah thought that too but on German Wikipedia it says 8000; english Wiki says 5000 so you're right :) I like that venue and really envy everybody who can see Lana there. It will be amazing that's for sure.!

A little bit of info about the venue (taken from their webpage):

Please plan ahead and do your best to travel as lightly as possible. As well as cloakroom facilities being limited, searches are in place, and we really don’t want to slow you down getting in. So if you really, really need to bring a bag, please make sure that it’s small (less than laptop size or a small handbag).

"What do I need to bring to collect my tickets at the venue?"

A copy of the booking confirmation, ID and the debit or credit card you used to buy them.

"How can I prove my age/do I need ID?"

Please bring a full or provisional driver’s licence or a PASS card as ID, and a valid passport will also be fine. Any fake IDs will be confiscated, sorry.

"Can I bring my own food and drink?"

Sorry but no, and this includes chewing gum. We have bars, snack food and free drinking water available. Any bits you think you think you really need to bring for health purposes, just get in touch.

"Why do you remove the lids from bottled water?"

It’s for your safety, and standard across most live events now.

"Will it be loud?"

Quite probably, but we’re happy to give out ear plugs if you ask for them. Just find a staff member during a show.

"Can I bring my camera/iPad/selfie-stick?"

Non-professional cameras are fine (no large lenses) but please don’t bring iPads or, god forbid, selfie-sticks because you’ll be asked to leave them in the cloakroom. Besides, it’s much more fun to enjoy the moment and not worry about Instagram bragging rights.

"Will I be able to buy merchandise at the show?"

Usually, yes. If a band has some, it will be on sale at the merchandise counter.

"Any reason why I wouldn’t get in?"

Be nice and don’t do anything stupid, basically. We reserve the right to refuse admission without a reason, so if you appear drunk or behave inappropriately in the queue, we might refuse you entry without a refund. Also be aware that in some cities, drinking alcohol in the street or on public transport is against the law.

I'm also going to send them an email and ask how early it is ok for us to come and queue.

Will anyone here bring a marker pen for keeping the queue in order?

Edit: ... I can't find a freaking email address for this place, I'm gonna ask them on twitter instead, they seemed quite fast on the replies there. I'll be back if I know something more.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Edit: ... I can't find a freaking email address for this place, I'm gonna ask them on twitter instead, they seemed quite fast on the replies there. I'll be back if I know something more.

Yes, please. Thanks  :flutter:

I'm also going to send them an email and ask how early it is ok for us to come and queue.

Will anyone here bring a marker pen for keeping the queue in order?

You can queue there as long as you want.  You will be queuing outside the venue and they will be very used to it. I queued for hours there for Madonna and Lady Gaga.

You can queue there as long as you want.  You will be queuing outside the venue and they will be very used to it. I queued for hours there for Madonna and Lady Gaga.

At what time are you planning on going?  :hooker:

I might be going something around 6am probably