Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Didn't she get Rey from the guy she was with in Wayamaya when they changed their names?

She also claims that Rey comes from when she was in Cuba with some of her Hispanic friends and she was inspired by the culture 

That last part of my post was a joke though lolol i don't think Lana literally named herself after Lester Del Rey, although it's fringely possible because she's obviously in tune with the nerdy shit

It's not strictly science. I just joke about it because of the Campbell connection. Although she has repeatedly stated her influence from vintage/retro scifi and horror in this era. We don't know the original lyrics when it was Malibu, either. It could be an entire concept shift. 

Also, it's just that. A concept. Of course her journey isn't completely done, she's human and neither she, nor anyone else in real life, reaches 100% fruition of their goals and dreams wtf. But the language directly indicates inspiration from a literary perspective (again, this doesn't have to be strictly science. And she references literature all the time)

It'd be too optimistic to think that someone in their thirties has everything figured out. 

That's why I personally think LfL was more based around a character concept rather than her actual life. Her newfound happiness certainly inspired things, but by crafting a fantastical character attached to the concept (who lives in the Hollywood sign, sings on the moon, etc), she's able to detach her everyday self from the concept. Unfortunately, some critics aren't seeing that, and will now expect her to be happy forever and ever and ever

I agree with you on this because the album trailer really proves it but I hope she releases more music videos, like atleast one more to connect the concept with the actual songs because without more visuals it feels too open ended right now.

The fact that Lana couldn't even find a director for one music video makes this extremely unlikely but I think to make the era perfect we'd need sci-fi videos for cherry, GBA, Heroin and Get Free, but even videos for just cherry and get free would be good

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

A$AP's participation on the album has been "un-growing" on me. How is Summer Bummer one of "her favorite things she's written in a while"? :toofunny: I like the song and i couldn't stop playing it on July, but it ruined the album's last chance of being cohesive. If only she had kept it until she released her mixtape with him and Boi-1da (if that's going to ever be a thing). And Groupie Love would be even better with one of Lana's bridges with strings instead of A$AP's verse (his back up vocals sound nice in the last chorus though). I get that they're friends and shit but couldn't she just pick one song to include A$AP on instead of almost ruining the second half of Groupie Bop? Or maybe I say all of this because I'm not too fond of rap.

As @Terrence Loves Me said, I think she will keep doing songs like Love, I don't really think she'll lose the sad tone on her songs unless something really drastic happens like her getting married and having kids. And even if that happens, I'd expect her sound to go more adult, like The Other Woman, 24, Change, Terrence Loves You, etc. But I do think/hope we've lost the Lolita Lana or the Pretty When You Cry Lana (lyrically speaking)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

A$AP's participation on the album has been "un-growing" on me. How is Summer Bummer one of "her favorite things she's written in a while"? :toofunny: I like the song and i couldn't stop playing it on July, but it ruined the album's last chance of being cohesive. If only she had kept it until she released her mixtape with him and Boi-1da (if that's going to ever be a thing). And Groupie Love would be even better with one of Lana's bridges with strings instead of A$AP's verse (his back up vocals sound nice in the last chorus though). I get that they're friends and shit but couldn't she just pick one song to include A$AP on instead of almost ruining the second half of Groupie Bop? Or maybe I say all of this because I'm not too fond of rap.

As @Terrence Loves Me said, I think she will keep doing songs like Love, I don't really think she'll lose the sad tone on her songs unless something really drastic happens like her getting married and having kids. And even if that happens, I'd expect her sound to go more adult, like The Other Woman, 24, Change, Terrence Loves You, etc. But I do think/hope we've lost the Lolita Lana or the Pretty When You Cry Lana (lyrically speaking)

y'all dragged me in july for saying this, but look now.    :oprah3:

i'm extra sad about LiB for some reason today

and i dont know why :oprah3:  i thought my ass was over it

No one in this fandom will ever be over that masterpiece.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i'm extra sad about LiB for some reason today

and i dont know why :oprah3:  i thought my ass was over it

I feel you. Yesterday I watched for the first time The Time Traveler's Wife and it reminded me a lot of The Age Of Adaline and my obsession with LIB came back.

-Homeland of the Gods-

id rather yosemite's release over LIB

not sorry

THE.

girl we know we'll get Yosemite because everyone keeps making her remember about it.

I prefer LiB because it seems like she abandoned it

i just don't trust it bc she's said iirc she doesn't have it or she didn't know it wasn't released and then again it was brought back up

im just here for something more probable because people hyped up for LiB to be on Honeymoon and it was a big thing and rumor just for it to be left, and I personallywould rather not have Lana treat it the same way of leavin it 

what im trying to say is i'd die for yosemite

LIB sounds so fucking beautiful IT ISN'T FAIR. I can think of so many beautiful visuals to go with the song :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i just don't trust it bc she's said iirc she doesn't have it or she didn't know it wasn't released and then again it was brought back up

im just here for something more probable because people hyped up for LiB to be on Honeymoon and it was a big thing and rumor just for it to be left, and I personallywould rather not have Lana treat it the same way of leavin it 

what im trying to say is i'd die for yosemite

sis ily but for all we know yosemite might not even be a good song, the part she sung didn't sound like anything special or new from her either

tumblr_mwitajOHNZ1s5e5bko1_400.gif

why does it lowkey sound like a lust for life song

Imagine it being in the tracklist

Love

Lust For Life

13 Beaches

Cherry

White Mustang

Groupie Love

Life Is Beautiful

Yosemite

Roses Bloom For You

Architecture

In My Feelings

Heroin

Change

Get Free

*Bonus Tracks*

Daisy Chains (aka the alt. mix)

Beautiful Problems (solo)

Tomorrow Never Came (solo)

Lust For Life (blade runner version)

Love (Demo Mix)

GBA

WTWWAW

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Love

Lust For Life

13 Beaches

Cherry

White Mustang

Groupie Love

Life Is Beautiful

Yosemite

Roses Bloom For You

Architecture

In My Feelings

Heroin

Change

Get Free

*Bonus Tracks*

Love (Demo Mix)

[sees no coachella]

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_7q05v6gd0kso

Love

Lust For Life

13 Beaches

Cherry

White Mustang

Groupie Love

Life Is Beautiful

Yosemite

Roses Bloom For You

Architecture

In My Feelings

Heroin

Change

Get Free

*Bonus Tracks*

Love (Demo Mix)

You forgot GBA and Summer Bummer