Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Got the Target version with the poster and turns out it's the poster and the booklet combined I would've just bought it somewhere else if I had known that. I prefer a booklet instead of the fold out versions

Can you post a picture? I was planning on going there after work, but you have me scared now.  :horror:

I wish the vinyl was out now. Holding vinyl is so much more satisfying.

is anybody else kind of shook that she's still #1 beating meek mill and linkin park????

has anyone found the clean album yet? lol im gonna be annoying about it. I ordered it on importcds but i wanna know if its anywhere digital

what songs you want sis? i have them

giphy.gif

is anybody else kind of shook that she's still #1 beating meek mill and linkin park????

Idk about him but I'd like to get the clean Cherry! I wanna hear how it's like  :flutter:

My fav user review of lfl:

Shi*-Lana. This trash is like 'Born To Die' 4.0 I won't say that it lacks much, it lacks EVERYTHING. The disc is honeymoon from beginning to the end. Don't reinvents, keep talking about sugar daddys and drugs. Stop right there Fa*s. Don't you see it's the same Malibu Stacy but no hat?

Edit: He gave witness a 10 wtf

Wait witness came out already? When?

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Still haven't listened to the album lol. Do I drive around on first listen or walk while listening?

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Just got done through first listen and was really impressed. Lyrically this is so so solid. Like shockingly so  :O New themes, new perspectives. Same unnecessary fuzzy vocal filter where it isn't needed. 

Immediate standouts are 13 Beaches, Cherry, Beautiful People, When The World Was At War, G.B.A. and Get Free.

Tomorrow Never Came is such a great story, not sure how I feel about Shawn Lemon, however not as highpitched as i'd expected.

Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems are like her best lyrics ever.

The pre-chorus of When The World Was At War... is one of the best moments on any Lana song. So sick

Cherry is so fun. What Freak tried to be. Her voice in bridge is so cute and playful.

I think this album has so much more personality than Honeymoon, apparent straight away.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Freak when I heard Cherry.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Still haven't listened to the album lol. Do I drive around on first listen or walk while listening?

I would drive while listening

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

Don't really know where to post this, but I really hope there's a professional recording of the show @ amoeba like the last one :( I wanna have it in my itunes library like her old stripped down sets so bad 

https://twitter.com/amoebamusic/status/888474858778054656

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

idk if asking is against the rules, but i do plan to buy the clean on CD.

could you send me the clean album?

giphy.gif

Although driving can get dangerous if you have tears in your eyes. :) (Yes I almost cried while listening to some of the songs, especially 13 beaches, Heroin and GBA)

true lol so don't drive while listening if you're emotional

I only cried with Beautiful People Beautiful Problems...

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

Kinda mixed feelings on the album. Like about half of it, not really into the rest. Heroin tho. Hits me right in the heart. Feels like the lyrics are taken from my own diary. I may have wept a little.

I feel like this album has some of her best work (Heroin) and also some of her worst (Coachella), so I get what you mean. For me, the amazing songs are so amazing that it makes up for the weak points.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.