Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Whoever on here has a big account on IG/Twitter should organize a lust for life streaming party

it happened yesterday but idk if anyone is doing it again

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

so..no get free

heroin

tomorrow never came

13 beaches

regardless it looks like a fun set, i hope she does incredible w/ the new songs 

So how many songs can we expect? She will be there for an hour and 15 minutes

Probably around 10, but I could be wrong. She might talk a bit between sets, and there might be some setup time between different tracks. 

I'm LIVING for how we were trashing Tomorrow Never Came (due to its feature) and Get Free (due to its "stupid title") before the album's release, but now we're dying over them lmao.

And they turned out to be the best tracks as well :teehee:  don't @ me 

That will always happen, I remember I trashed Heroin's title and now it's my favorite Lana song  :rip:

I know it's kind of soon to bring this up, but how do yall think her next album will sound? I'm hoping for more Heroin-esque songs, because that really was a masterpiece.

I need a collaboration with Alex Turner. Also I hope it contains a lot of electric guitars and/or folky sounds. Lol I'm not really answering your question; I don't think we can know right now, but if she gets to that happy place she yearns for, then I could see more songs sounding like BPBP or TNC.

I don't want her to ever dump Cruel World off the setlist but she could go back with National Anthem as a closer. And how can this site know? Isn't it one of those sites that anyone can add to?

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

has anyone that ordered from the canadian store gotten an update?

as far as i know my order is still pending... :/

EDIT: didn't realize there was a delay jk lmao

also i think something real would have been a better title for 13 beaches
actually i'd love to hear the demo because i feel like the chorus and the parts with the beaches don't really make sense together

i'm assuming the demo doesnt have the 13 beaches part because eclipse first said it used the same instrumental, then confirmed it was almost the same after the leak

anyone else think that sean's voice in TNC sounds a lot like Elliott Smith? I mean, I know a lot of people are comparing it to John Lennon obviously, and The Beatles/John Lennon were big influences on Elliott's sound, but I hear a lot of him in the phrasing, that kind of slightly nasally but softspoken and sweet and yet rough way. 

also i think something real would have been a better title for 13 beaches

actually i'd love to hear the demo because i feel like the chorus and the parts with the beaches don't really make sense together

i'm assuming the demo doesnt have the 13 beaches part because eclipse first said it used the same instrumental, then confirmed it was almost the same after the leak

i like the song but like i hate that it opens with that line about 13 beaches. i'd honestly LOVE it if it didnt mention how many beaches it took to find an empty one. i feel like she could have come up with a more poetic way of saying it took 13 beaches. idk that line feels a little generic to me. i hope the demo leaks lel

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

she's camera ready 

almost all the time tho

I wonder how the early 2017 tracklist looked like. Maybe something like:

1. Young and In Love
  2. Best American Record
  3. Something Real
  4. Wild One (maybe?)
  5. Beautiful People (no Stevie)
  6. Tomorrow Never Came (again, no Sean)
  7. Lust For Life (Blade Runner Version, no Weeknd)
  8. Cherry
  9. White Mustang
  10. In My Feelings (or maybe this was recorded after her thing with G - Eazy?)
  11. Yosemite
  12. God Bless America (without the weird change she made to the title)
  13. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing
  14. Heroin (seems like it's been there for a long time)
  15. Get Free (again, maybe it's been there for a long time)

I know this has been discussed like 20 times now but I wanted to make the list out of boredom lol

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Can someone link me to that Vine that says Lana hanging out with ASAP Rocky and it shows Kris Jenner partying with these black guys and this funny song comes on... it's so funny and i need it in my life

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Gorl... I missed you idk why

I missed you too sis, I missed a lot of you guys (ya'll know who you are) <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I've never seen anything from that website before and I doubt Lana would do 14 songs

She did 13 songs at Lollapalooza last year so 14 could be possible? That website is user input generated but it usually ends up being accurate.