Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I've come to the conclusion that Tomorrow Never Came (imo) is the worst song on the album. I prefer Coachella honestly. I'm not even trolling. TNC is so far from a Lana song that John Lennon may as well have ressurect from the grave and shit all over it. I really dislike the Beatles' music and the song is identicle to them. You can barely even hear Lana over Sean's weird voice she may as well not even be in the song. I also don't like the positive, light hearted instrumental. It's annoying. Lana should go back to making dark, sad music. I don't want HER to be sad, just the music. However some happy songs she's made have been incredible, the only positive songs that truly worked on this album was Change, LFL, Love and Get Free. I'm kinda sad that she changed a lot of the production on this album to make it seem lighter and happier, i reckon if she stuck to her old ways this album would've been on the same level as UV and HM. I hope she doesn't ditch the sad stuff, because that's what she's good at. Dark art is always the best art.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I've come to the conclusion that Tomorrow Never Came (imo) is the worst song on the album. I prefer Coachella honestly. I'm not even trolling. TNC is so far from a Lana song that John Lennon may as well have ressurect from the grave and shit all over it. I really dislike the Beatles' music and the song is identicle to them. You can barely even hear Lana over Sean's weird voice she may as well not even be in the song. I also don't like the positive, light hearted instrumental. It's annoying. Lana should go back to making dark, sad music. I don't want HER to be sad, just the music. However some happy songs she's made have been incredible, the only positive songs that truly worked on this album was Change, LFL, Love and Get Free. I'm kinda sad that she changed a lot of the production on this album to make it seem lighter and happier, i reckon if she stuck to her old ways this album would've been on the same level as UV and HM. I hope she doesn't ditch the sad stuff, because that's what she's good at. Dark art is always the best art.

Except TNC is super sad?? And an artist's songs usually reflect their feeling so I feel if she's writing sad music that must mean she's sad, otherwise she's not being authentic.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Except TNC is super sad?? And an artist's songs usually reflect their feeling so I feel if she's writing sad music that must mean she's sad, otherwise she's not being authentic.

true, and well see that's what annoys me about the song. It has sad lyrics but the instrumental sounds positive and it bugs me

Listening to lfl (the title track), and thinking about how she added the shangri las background vocals last minute bc she felt the song was missing something. Im so glad she thought of that because its one of the best things on the song. I know most of you dont like the song, but imagine it without that added element...it would be pretty fucking dull :oprah3:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Honey I love you and you're one of my favorite members but I'm almost disgusted right now. :derpna2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

LOL @ people crying about Lana not giving enough notice for cds/shows, she doesn't give a fuck about your damn finances, this isn't a world tour shes doing, they're just last minute gigs and merch signings for promo.

I assume they are planned more in advance than she announces them though (maybe not the signed CDs but definitely the performances)

sorry for giving a fuck about wanting to see her live and being annoyed that she doesn't care enough about her fans to give them the opportunity to unless they are rich and unscheduled af ( :

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

:mj3:

Idk... @GroupieLover is right. It's kinda hard making a song of a certain mood when you're not in that mood. If she gets to that place that she wants to get to,  I don't think we'll be getting any songs with the UV sadness anymore. Maybe they can sound dark because she has said that she likes dark songs but I'm not expecting more Pretty When You Cry's in a lyrical sense. Besides, personally I'm not here for monotonous sounds, that's what I love about this album.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

[interlude]

And then you left me

Alone in your galaxy, with nothing to console me

But the sound of your voice playing over

And over again, on the radio

And every time I hear you strike that chord

Every time I hear a bird sing

Or cross paths with a couple in love

I hope that you're still proud

[Verse 1]

You and your sweet harmony

Tell me, is it true?

That you're still out there, baby

Fingers brush across a string

Reminds me of the way you used to sing

That rhythm and blues

[Refrain]

Listen to the choir sing

Cause baby, now the whole world's watching out

Was it you? Was it really you?

Are you with me?

Are you still here?

[Chorus]

Now I'm dancing at Coachella but

My mind's living in 1969

(Do you remember)?

Got your fingers 'round my fingers

It's your memory that keeps me feeling fine

(Do you remember?)

So don't you dare leave Woodstock

Don't wanna know that you're not here

I left my heart with you there

[Verse 2]

You and your vintage guitar

Tell me, is it true?

Pretending that you're bigger than you are

Looked at me with your gentle eyes

And told me that you wished upon the stars

[Refrain]

Listen to the choir sing

Cause baby, now the whole world's watching now

Are you with me?

Are you still here?

[bridge]

Your and your sweet melody

Lies over mine while singing Stevie Nicks

You were the bad boy behind the stage

Went out the door to get your fix

I gave myself to music

And through your music I gave myself to you

But now that you're not here, baby

I don't know what to do

[Chorus]

My mind's living in 1969

(Do you remember)?

(Do you remember?)

[Finale]

Don't let me forget

Baby, don't let me forget

Your fingers on my lips

And my arms around your hips

Bye, bye (x3)

[interlude]

And then you left me

Alone in your galaxy, with nothing to console me

But the sound of your voice playing over

And over again, on the radio

And every time I hear you strike that chord

Every time I hear a bird sing

Or cross paths with a couple in love

I hope that you're still proud

[Verse 1]

You and your sweet harmony

Tell me, is it true?

That you're still out there, baby

Fingers brush across a string

Reminds me of the way you used to sing

That rhythm and blues

[Refrain]

Listen to the choir sing

Cause baby, now the whole world's watching out

Are you with me?

Are you still here?

[Chorus]

My mind's living in 1969

(Do you remember)?

(Do you remember?)

So don't you dare leave Woodstock

Don't wanna know that you're not here

I left my heart with you there

[Verse 2]

You and your vintage guitar

Tell me, is it true?

Pretending that you're bigger than you are

Looked at me with your gentle eyes

And told me that you wished upon the stars

[Refrain]

Listen to the choir sing

Cause baby, now the whole world's watching now

Are you with me?

Are you still here?

[bridge]

Your and your sweet melody

Lies over mine while singing Stevie Nicks

You were the bad boy behind the stage

Went out the door to get your fix

I gave myself to music

And through your music I gave myself to you

But now that you're not here, baby

I don't know what to do

[Chorus]

My mind's living in 1969

(Do you remember)?

(Do you remember?)

[Finale]

Don't let me forget

Baby, don't let me forget

Your fingers on my lips

And my arms around your hips

Bye, bye (x3)

these are fake lyrics off of a youtube description?? lmao your display name is right

giphy.gif

TNC was good when I thought Sean Lennon actually sounded like that. I was really put off by the fact he was actually impersonating the nasally singing style of his late father. Otherwise, the song is perfect.

Is there a good reason why she hasn't performed almost any song from HM Pretty When You Cry and Black Beauty live? Are those songs very painful for her to sing live or something? 

Im guessing so because in a recent interview she started to cry while talking about Black Beauty

Mess Summer Bummer didn't chart in the hot 100 (I'm not surprised though)

It should've :( Summer Bummer is a BOP. I love it

Can Lana delete BPBP, TNC and WTWWAWWKD. And replace them with more songs like Groupie Love, Summer Bummer and Cherry